Roy Zimmerman's mini-documentary on Prop 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  20:55:43  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roy knows how to make my tears flow. This video does it, with spoken word, scenery, and song. Powerful, as is so much of what Roy does.

But here's the best full version of Roy's great song, "Summer of Loving."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/21/2010 21:07:13

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  08:58:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice mini-documentary.

Our society has advanced so far yet still has far to go.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  03:03:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Nice mini-documentary.

Our society has advanced so far yet still has far to go.

I agree.

It's interesting to look back at my own family. My father has changed greatly over the years. At one time he was a racist, and anti-Semite, anti-gay, and a fundamentalist. (He was never prejudiced against Hispanics or Indians, who were his best friends as a kid growing up in an Arizona copper-mining company town.) He's none of those now, at 94 years of age.

When very young, I was racist, too. It came in through my pores. I picked up some anti-Semitism as well. On my own, I stopped being a Christian at about 12. I joined the Civil Rights movement at 16. I was a bigot on homosexuality into my twenties. Having a gay daughter help me get over that.

I'm rather ashamed of my past attitudes, and glad I grew out of them. My Dad, oddly enough, doesn't have this lingering guilt. He has a perfect knack for forgetting his past bigotries. He honestly thinks he's always been tolerant. And recently, he has said that he's an agnostic. (At least he realizes this was a change.)

I no longer bother reminding my Dad of the horrible things he used to say about black people, Jews, and gays. In point of fact, he's always liked individual blacks, Jews and gays whom he's known. It's the ideology of hate he's overcome, not a dislike of individuals. At heart, he's like his hero, Will Rogers, who never met a man he didn't like. It would do no good to remind him of his past bigoted ideology, and I do love him for how much he's changed. I can only hope America changes as much as my old Dad.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  21:34:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't miss out on the Prop 8 Trial Tracker.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  01:20:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Don't miss out on the Prop 8 Trial Tracker.
That's good, and it's a resource of which I hadn't known.

Looking around the site, I laughed at the attempt of the anti-gay side's shysters to make the Prop 8 Trial Tracker people take down their mocking parody logo.

Even more, I liked the anti-8 attorney's response:
While our client does appreciate the irony of the suggestion in your letter that a logo of a family made up of a man, a woman, and two children is “substantially indistinguishable” from a logo of a family made up of two women and two children, your assertion is incorrect. This difference between our client’s parodic logo and your client’s logo is a graphical representation of the core difference between Courage Campaign’s views and ProtectMarriage.com’s views, presented in a sassy way that will not be lost on the public.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/24/2010 01:21:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.