Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  12:18:03  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The irony if a Pub wins Kennedy's old seat and then kills the health bill with it.

This is Ted Kennedy's seat for goodness sakes! With Mass. being arguably the most democratic state in the union, and this being for Teddy's seat, that fact that it is even close is stunning in and of itself.

The folks are rejecting the president and his cronies and their destructive agenda in droves. I give you Mass. as the latest example. If not then why does Brown even stand a chance in this election? With his health bill on the line the president is not even going up to Mass. to stump for the dem. Why? It would do more harm then good or he would be there.

Poll: Scott Brown to Win Massachusetts US Senate Race by a Landslide

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Poll-Scott-Brown-to-Win-Massachusetts-US-Senate-Race-by-a-Landslide-1102190.htm

New Social Media Polling Data Suggests Republican Scott Brown Will Defeat Democrat Martha Coakley in the Special Election on January 19, 2010 to Fill US Senate Seat Formerly Held by Senator Ted Kennedy

BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - January 14, 2010) - WordStream, Inc., a provider of keyword research tools for search engine marketing, has published the latest results of its social media polling data, which indicate State Senator Scott Brown will defeat State Attorney General Martha Coakley in the Massachusetts special election on January 19, 2010, to serve in the 41st Senate seat of the United States.

Most polls for the Massachusetts US Senate show that candidates Brown and Coakley are engaged in a very tight political battle for the seat vacated by the late Senator Edward Kennedy. But the social media polling study conducted by WordStream suggests that it won't be a tight race at all, and that Scott Brown will beat Martha Coakley handily in a landslide victory.

"Being a search marketer who specializes in researching keywords, I decided to launch my own investigation to see if I could find out more information about the dynamics of this US Senate race based on internet marketing and social media metrics," said WordStream Founder and Vice President of Product Development Larry Kim. "The findings were staggering. The data suggests that conventional pollsters and Washington insiders have it completely wrong, and Brown is going to trounce Coakley."

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  14:25:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By a landslide? The numbers I saw showed Martha Coakly being within the margin of error making it nearly a dead heat. Where do you get this landslide stuff from?

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  15:31:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some "poll." Sampling social networkers, indeed!
"The social media activity surrounding Brown clearly demonstrates the majority of social networkers favor Scott Brown over Martha Coakley," Kim explained. "Will this popularity translate into a victory for Brown next Tuesday at the polls? Only time will tell."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  15:57:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't trust polls nor the people who run them. It ain't gonna be over 'till it's over and the fat lady looses a foot to diabetes.

I find the numbers suspect simply because it's MA and the Kennedy seat.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  17:47:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, all bets are off.
Easily Hacked Diebold Systems to Decide 'Toss-Up' U.S. Senate Special Election in MA
My full coverage is now posted at Upstate NY's Right-leaning Gouverneur Times...

Since writing today's piece for Upstate New York's right-leaning Gouverneur Times, a new poll has come out this morning showing the Republican Scott Brown now leading the Democrat Martha Coakley by 4 points in the race for the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by a Democrat named Kennedy for nearly 60 years.

As of last night, when I filed the story with them, the latest survey from a Democratic-leaning pollster showed Coakley up by 8, though a day or two earlier, Republican Rasmussen had Brown down only by 2 points.

Suffice to say it's now officially "a toss-up", at least according to the Rothenberg Political Report, and to all the Dems and Reps now sweating out what was previously thought to have been an easy Democratic win.

Here we go again? I dunno, but I do know that Republicans will use every scumbag trick in or out of the book if it will give them a win.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  06:43:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

I don't trust polls nor the people who run them. It ain't gonna be over 'till it's over and the fat lady looses a foot to diabetes.

Right. The fact that it is even close, let alone the pubs having a real chance to win, is stunning. Even the folks in Mass. are rejecting the Obama agenda being rammed down our throats.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  06:53:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Right. The fact that it is even close, let alone the pubs having a real chance to win, is stunning. Even the folks in Mass. are rejecting the Obama agenda being rammed down our throats.
Uh, Bill, the folks in Massachusetts, as in most states, voted for Obama and his agenda. You guys lost, remember?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  09:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill, do you like being a slave to the insurance companies? Do you enjoy reading of people dying for the lack of health insurance? Do you gloat when someone is turned down for insurance due to pre-existing conditions? If you do, you are one sick fuck.

On a personal level, it affects me not at all. I've been in a socialized system since the age of 17 -- nearly all of my 70 years. I've had major surgeries and broken bone repair, and have never been a dime out of pocket. The VA even supplies my spectacles.

Do you, Bill, have a problem with that? If so, do tell me what it is....

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  09:15:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Uh, Bill, the folks in Massachusetts, as in most states, voted for Obama and his agenda. You guys lost, remember?

How quickly they turn. The fact that Teddy's seat is even a close race is a blow to the Obama agenda. The fact that a pub could win this race, when the people of Mass. know that Obamacare is hanging in the balance, is as tell tale sign as they come. This is Teddy K's seat we are talking about here for pete's sake. This should have been a slam dunk for the dems if the Obama agenda was being excepted.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  09:35:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bill, do you like being a slave to the insurance companies? Do you enjoy reading of people dying for the lack of health insurance? Do you gloat when someone is turned down for insurance due to pre-existing conditions? If you do, you are one sick fuck.

On a personal level, it affects me not at all. I've been in a socialized system since the age of 17 -- nearly all of my 70 years. I've had major surgeries and broken bone repair, and have never been a dime out of pocket. The VA even supplies my spectacles.

Your trouble is that you fail to realize that rejecting Obamacare and rejecting health reform is not one in the same. I am all for health care reform. Just not the railroaded down your throat Obama version.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  09:47:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your trouble is that you fail to realize that rejecting Obamacare and rejecting health reform is not one in the same. I am all for health care reform. Just not the railroaded down your throat Obama version.

Hey, what else have we got? I agree that it's s stinker, not nearly what it should have been, but if bad comes to worst, we can change it down the road.

Here's something of interest: Scott Brown

Being a fiscal conservative is one thing; being an asshole is something else entirely.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/16/2010 09:50:11
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  10:18:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

The folks vote in many elections. To think that the election back in Nov. 08 is a green light for Obama and the dems to ram this bill through now in spite of it being agaisnt the will of the folks according to the polls is very short sighted on your part and could cost Harry his job:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60E0PR20100115?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.265823:b29820212:z0

Edited by - Bill scott on 01/16/2010 10:20:46
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  11:56:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I hope Harry Reid is replaced by a more dynamic Democratic Senate Majority Leader. But I doubt it will happen soon.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  14:05:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The folks vote in many elections. To think that the election back in Nov. 08 is a green light for Obama and the dems to ram this bill through now in spite of it being agaisnt the will of the folks according to the polls is very short sighted on your part and could cost Harry his job:
And still not a single word explaining how gay marriage will damage society. Bill, forget this health-care stuff, it'll be repealed in 2011 anyway. Focus on the important issues.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  18:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just not the railroaded down your throat Obama version.

I thought the version you were getting was railroaded down your throat by Joe 'Turncoat' Lieberman? Up here in Canada we don't know whether to laugh or cry watching the crap you're being put through. Oh well, our system is better, so we'll have more time to chuckle. You see, we live longer!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  05:44:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

And still not a single word explaining how gay marriage will damage society. Bill, forget this health-care stuff, it'll be repealed in 2011 anyway. Focus on the important issues.

Take it easy jr. I will get back to that in do time. This health bill attempt has my attention right now and my time is limited that I can spend on the SFN. I am sure you understand.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.