New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  14:37:40  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gene scientists draw lines, spirals, and other squiggles to get their points across, but they're based on things they can't see or detect in anyway. Some even get Nobel prizes for their guesses. Does anyone care about credibility? Where is the outcry?

cantbe323

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  14:52:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Outcry .

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  14:58:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm noticing a pattern of "If I can't see it, it isn't real"

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:17:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm noticing a pattern of "If I can't see it, it isn't real" >>

Not altogether... Other senses can detect real, but sight is the only sense that can give it depth, height, width, color etc.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:24:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you are basically suspect of any branch of science that depends on instrumentation to see things which are obscured or microscopic.

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:25:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Outcry ...

The only problem with outcry is nobody hears it or cares.

BTW Do you have a file on other applicable characters?

Cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:39:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

Not altogether... Other senses can detect real, but sight is the only sense that can give it depth, height, width, color etc.
77 years old and he's never worn a blindfold, apparently.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:49:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you are basically suspect of any branch of science that depends on instrumentation to see things which are obscured or microscopic.

Definitely, even some claims attributed to instrumtation and technology are suspect. The number of unseen scientific misrepresentions and deceptions out there would blow your mind.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  15:52:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
77 years old and he's never worn a blindfold, apparently. >>

Actually, 83, but who's counting?

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  16:23:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

Echolocation.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  17:01:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

cantbe323

Echolocation.

And it's close cousin, geckolocation.

(fling) (splash!)

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  17:26:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I'm noticing a pattern of "If I can't see it, it isn't real"
I agree. By Cantbe's trollish pretend-logic, my slowly fading eyesight means there's less and less reality around me. Thus, one of these days it will be perfectly safe for me to jaywalk across busy streets. After all, how can the unreal hurt me?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/25/2010 17:34:10
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  18:17:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tick tick tick tick

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  01:21:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

At risk of sounding cruel... your age actually comforts me, it means you won't be around all that much longer to pull the collective IQ down.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  03:03:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not you, obviously. Because here you said you were 84. Make up your mind already.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  04:09:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am curious cantbe323 -- it's a failing of mine. How is it that you claim 83 years (in other threads, it's 84 but who's counting?) yet never arrive in here before 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon on week days? During the hours that those lucky enough to have a job are out earning that Yankee dollar, you are conspicuously absent. Those are also the hours that a student, of engineering mayhaps?, is in class. While possible, surely, these are unlikely pursuits for a "frail and toothless" octogenarian. Please explain.

Now then, if, as you state, the only things that are not "educated guess'" are the ones that you can actually eyeball-see, then I submit that you are a mere guess of your own and not a particularly well educated one. I can't see you, so, by your reckoning, that's the way it must be.

When are you going to drag your non-existent ass back to our 'debate"? As best I can recall, the topic was Paleontology.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.