New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:08:38  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to a history channel feature, astromoners claim that the moon was chunked out of the earth by a meteorite, but failed to mention how the other planets got theirs.

I have my own idea of how the solar system was created but it cand be explained with words.

cantbe323

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:35:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

According to a history channel feature, astromoners claim that the moon was chunked out of the earth by a meteorite, but failed to mention how the other planets got theirs.

I have my own idea of how the solar system was created but it cand be explained with words.

cantbe323
I don't know and neither does anyone else. For all of the study on it, everything remains hypothetical.
Origins
by Peter Tyson

Whence our moon? Was it a chunk of Earth flung off in our planet's early history? Did the Earth capture a small, roaming planet in its gravity grip? Or did the moon fashion itself alongside our world from the same planetary batter? One of the Apollo program's chief scientific goals was to give lunar researchers the means to decide, once and for all, between these three main theories of how the moon formed.

What transpired in this "battle of the Big Three" after the last Apollo mission flew in 1972 surprised just about everyone. The story provides a revealing glimpse of the workings of the scientific process, while at the same time opening a window on the origins of what one lunar researcher has called "one of the most peculiar bodies in the solar system"—the moon.

If your speculation can't be elucidated, why bother to mention it?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:37:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

Then it can't be explained at all. It is worthless as a theory.

So by my tally, you are an expert in media, astronomy, pharmaceuticals, seismology and science in general. Yet you still haven't supplied with one iota of proof that you have the credentials to speak on these fields.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:51:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's no moon...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  17:15:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your speculation can't be elucidated, why bother to mention it? >>

I made a drawing of my theory on an engineer's take on how the solar system was created, but with your natural cynicism you probably don't want to see it. Horrors of horrors!! Suppose he's right.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  17:20:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I made a drawing of my theory on an engineer's take on how the solar system was created, but with your natural cynicism you probably don't want to see it. Horrors of horrors!! Suppose he's right.

cantbe323

I, for one, would love to see this.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  18:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe you might compose a little tune?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  18:47:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

By all means, show it! How do you expect to argue with skeptics if you won't present your argument?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:29:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So by my tally, you are an expert in media, astronomy, pharmaceuticals, seismology and science in general. Yet you still haven't supplied with one iota of proof that you have the credentials to speak on these fields.
>>

I'm not an expert in anything (whatever expert means), just a knowledgable observor with enough experience and vision to figure out when something is wrong. As always, my intention is to point out the wrongs in processes I'm familiar with and hope someone in this forum will see it the same way and a constructive debate can get started.

As for presenting my credentials, that would just start another pointless
chain of ahas and gotchas.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:36:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323 >>

I, for one, would love to see this. >>

Okay, give me your number and I'll fax you a copy...

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:46:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose you don't believe the evidence behind how scanners work.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  17:08:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

I suppose you don't believe the evidence behind how scanners work.
>>

No, I just don't have one, just a FAX...

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  17:15:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

[quote]Originally posted by cantbe323

cantbe323

By all means, show it! How do you expect to argue with skeptics if you won't present your argument? >>

Can't, don't have a scanner, only a FAX...

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  17:22:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by filthy

[quote]Originally posted by cantbe323

cantbe323

By all means, show it! How do you expect to argue with skeptics if you won't present your argument? >>

Can't, don't have a scanner, only a FAX...

cantbe323

And the dog ate your homework.....

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  17:44:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323 >>

I, for one, would love to see this. >>

Okay, give me your number and I'll fax you a copy...

cantbe323

knock yourself out

(note this is a real fax number and not any kind of joke)

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 01/27/2010 18:22:43
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:07:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As for presenting my credentials, that would just start another pointless
chain of ahas and gotchas.

Cheap excuse for a dodge

I'm ...a knowledgable observor with enough experience and vision to figure out when something is wrong.

Please support your assertion that you are "a knowledgable observor with enough experience and vision to figure out when something is wrong". Avoidance by claiming a "gotcha" is NOT acceptable.

my intention is to point out the wrongs in processes I'm familiar with and hope someone in this forum will see it the same way and a constructive debate can get started.

In other words, your conclusions are infallibly right, and if someone disagrees with you, they are either uneducated, close-minded, or a mindless sheep who hasn't seen the truth as only you have.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Edited by - Fripp on 01/27/2010 18:17:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.