Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:13:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw some fireworks the other night.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:36:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

Originally posted by filthy

[quote]Originally posted by cantbe323

If your speculation can't be elucidated, why bother to mention it? >>

I made a drawing of my theory on an engineer's take on how the solar system was created, but with your natural cynicism you probably don't want to see it. Horrors of horrors!! Suppose he's right.

cantbe323

By all means, show it! How do you expect to argue with skeptics if you won't present your argument? >>

Can't, don't have a scanner, only a FAX...

cantbe323

This ain't rocket science -- everybody has a digital camera, even I.

All you have to do is get a good, clear photo of your drawing, load it into your computer, run it through ImageShack, then post it. You don't need a scanner.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  11:20:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

I made a drawing of my theory on an engineer's take on how the solar system was created, but with your natural cynicism you probably don't want to see it. Horrors of horrors!! Suppose he's right.

cantbe323 >>

I, for one, would love to see this. >>

Okay, give me your number and I'll fax you a copy...

cantbe323

knock yourself out

(note this is a real fax number and not any kind of joke)

So far, no fax received as of 12:20pm 1/28/2010

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  14:21:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my intention is to point out the wrongs in processes I'm familiar with and hope someone in this forum will see it the same way and a constructive debate can get started. cantbe323

In other words, your conclusions are infallibly right, and if someone disagrees with you, they are either uneducated, close-minded, or a mindless sheep who hasn't seen the truth as only you have. >>

Sadly yes, since no one dares to debate with me on any of the topics I presented, that's really the only conclusion I can draw.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  14:28:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

All you have to do is get a good, clear photo of your drawing, load it into your computer, run it through ImageShack, then post it. You don't need a scanner. >>

Thanks, but I don't have one, or expect to get one. Too late for this old dog to learn new tricks.

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

AnthroGeek

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  14:54:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send AnthroGeek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope cantbe323'sversion of moon creation is at least as good entertaining as the Boshongo creation myth of the great god Bumba vomiting up the sun, moon, earth and fauna brought on by a violent stomach ache.

A series of fun one-liners about various pseudoscientific claims and, even better, a concise description of the scientific method - Ken Feder on Skeptic Friends Network from "Frauds, Myths and Mysteries"
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  15:38:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  16:28:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

All you have to do is get a good, clear photo of your drawing, load it into your computer, run it through ImageShack, then post it. You don't need a scanner. >>

Thanks, but I don't have one, or expect to get one. Too late for this old dog to learn new tricks.

cantbe323

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  16:33:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cantbe323:
Sadly yes, since no one dares to debate with me on any of the topics I presented, that's really the only conclusion I can draw.

Unless you present some argument in favor of your positions, there is nothing to debate. Just saying that something is wrong or pseudoscience is not presenting an argument unless you say why you think those things are wrong and if at all possible, link to evidence that supports your claim.

You keep blaming everyone for not engaging you in a debate, but you stubbornly resist every suggestion made to you about how to make that happen. We all see the same thing from you, so perhaps it's time for you to start considering the possibility that it is you who is incapable of a real debate or dares not engage in an actual debate.

Me? I think you're a troll. And I think that what you are getting out of this is exactly what you came here for.

But just for fun, let me answer all of your OP's at once in the only way they can be answered, given how detailed they are, and we shall see if this works as a debate for you. Here goes. Are you ready?

I think you are wrong.

There you go. Are you happy now?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  17:14:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

cantbe323:

Unless you present some argument in favor of your positions, there is nothing to debate. Just saying that something is wrong or pseudoscience is not presenting an argument unless you say why you think those things are wrong and if at all possible, link to evidence that supports your claim.

You keep blaming everyone for not engaging you in a debate, but you stubbornly resist every suggestion made to you about how to make that happen. We all see the same thing from you, so perhaps it's time for you to start considering the possibility that it is you who is incapable of a real debate or dares not engage in an actual debate.

Me? I think you're a troll. And I think that what you are getting out of this is exactly what you came here for.

But just for fun, let me answer all of your OP's at once in the only way they can be answered, given how detailed they are, and we shall see if this works as a debate for you. Here goes. Are you ready?

I think you are wrong.

There you go. Are you happy now?
Devastating argument, and in language he'll understand! Well said!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  20:11:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

...since no one dares to debate with me on any of the topics I presented...
You haven't actually put forth any arguments, so there's nothing to debate. All you've done is make contrarian statements and then refuse to discuss them in any substantive manner.

If you'd really like a debate, then pick one of your assertions (like that the Big Bang is nonsense, or that seismology is nonsense), take a week and write up a 500-word argument supporting your position with as many references as you'd like, and then I'll take a week to create a response, and we can go back-and-forth like that for four or six weeks before opening up the thread to the masses.

I'd be happy to debate you, if you can present something that could actually be debated.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  07:27:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still no fax as of 29 Jan 2010 8:27am

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  08:32:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Still no fax as of 29 Jan 2010 8:27am
If your face turns blue, stop holding your breath.

I told him how to do it with no hassle and he instantly crawfished on me, which, in all truth, was not exactly unexpected. Thus I must conclude that there is no drawing nor even the inspiration for such.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  11:29:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

my intention is to point out the wrongs in processes I'm familiar with and hope someone in this forum will see it the same way and a constructive debate can get started. cantbe323

In other words, your conclusions are infallibly right, and if someone disagrees with you, they are either uneducated, close-minded, or a mindless sheep who hasn't seen the truth as only you have. >>

cantbe323
It's you that have prevented and refused any "debate" on any of the issues you raise. Like other common Internet trolls, you repeatedly make outrageous claims, then refuse or fail to present even a shred of evidence to support them. Claiming that others refuse to debate you is utterly laughable. If you can't be bothered, even on a skeptic site, to dig up evidence for your claims, just shut the Hell up.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  12:28:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Too late for this old dog to learn new tricks.
cantbe323

I disagree with one thing here but agree with your main point, for the first time ever.
I disagree that inability to learn is age determined but I do agree with your stating, you can't learn.
NO, no, I take that back. As long as one has a capacity to learn, like having a functional brain which you do have, one can learn new things. Desire to learn and better oneself, now that's something you lack as is evident with you calcatrant postings. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.