New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  14:51:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

[quote]cantbe323:
Sadly yes, since no one dares to debate with me on any of the topics I presented, that's really the only conclusion I can draw.

But just for fun, let me answer all of your OP's at once in the only way they can be answered, given how detailed they are, and we shall see if this works as a debate for you. Here goes. Are you ready?

I think you are wrong.

There you go. Are you happy now?
>>

Not enough... You have to tell me what I'm wrong about.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  15:26:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I told him how to do it with no hassle and he instantly crawfished on me, which, in all truth, was not exactly unexpected. Thus I must conclude that there is no drawing nor even the inspiration for such. >>

Here's a clue. The gaseous earth and moon were cast off the sun at the same time by a giant explosion, the smaller moon attached to the earth by a kind of long gaseous umbilical cord. Moving through space, the moon rotated around the earth like a giant bola, and when the tumbling pair reached a certain place, the sub zero cold solidified them both, the umbilical cord shattered, gravity took over, and the moon continued to rotate around the earth. When they reached a certain place in space, the sun pulled them back into the orbit they have today.

That's the best I can do with just words...

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  15:40:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

Here's a clue. The gaseous earth and moon were cast off the sun at the same time by a giant explosion, the smaller moon attached to the earth by a kind of long gaseous umbilical cord. Moving through space, the moon rotated around the earth like a giant bola, and when the tumbling pair reached a certain place, the sub zero cold solidified them both, the umbilical cord shattered, gravity took over, and the moon continued to rotate around the earth. When they reached a certain place in space, the sun pulled them back into the orbit they have today.

That's the best I can do with just words...
Can you present the math behind how any of that would work? You know, using equations and data that any engineer would be familiar with?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  16:13:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Dave W.

[quote]Originally posted by cantbe323

That's the best I can do with just words...>>

Can you present the math behind how any of that would work? You know, using equations and data that any engineer would be familiar with?
>>

Yeah, sure, I'll just pull them out of thin air.

The only things I can relate with is... There's a history of smaller gaseous sun explosions, bolas work in S America, and molten steel turns into balls when dropped in water.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  16:30:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
still waiting on the fax...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  17:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah, sure, I'll just pull them out of thin air.

The only things I can relate with is... There's a history of smaller gaseous sun explosions, bolas work in S America, and molten steel turns into balls when dropped in water.
Okay, so you've got no clue as to whether the physics of your ideas would actually work. After all, there's no history of solar mass ejections creating planets (or even small rocks); SMEs consist of plasma; bola strings aren't made of plasma, and plasmas don't cool into balls in the vacuum of space.

You don't have a theory, you have a massive analogy failure.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  18:47:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It is not wise to drop any molten metal into water, especally one that pours at some 2500+ degrees F, if memory serves. And it will not cool into a sphere, but a distorted nugget, as often as not in several pieces.

I had a friend in VT who was a silversmith. He used to make tie tacks and cuff links in just that manner, and when he poured the silver, he stood as far back from the quench bucket as he could get. It was some pretty strange-looking jewelry, but it sold pretty well at the craft fairs.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  19:56:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cant.....

From Wiki

The co-formation hypothesis proposes that the Earth and the Moon formed together at the same time and place from the primordial accretion disk. The Moon would have formed from material surrounding the proto-Earth, similar to the formation of the planets around the Sun. Some suggest that this hypothesis fails to adequately explain the depletion of metallic iron in the Moon.[53]
A major deficiency in all these hypotheses is that they cannot readily account for the high angular momentum of the Earth–Moon system.
Can you?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  19:59:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

It is not wise to drop any molten metal into water, especally one that pours at some 2500+ degrees F, if memory serves. And it will not cool into a sphere, but a distorted nugget, as often as not in several pieces.
I bet that cantbe is probably mistakenly thinking of shot towers.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  20:58:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Sure, cantbe's statement makes sense now...Earth's core is made up of 87 septillion tons of double aught buckshot.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  08:51:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Randy

Originally posted by Dave W.

Sure, cantbe's statement makes sense now...Earth's core is made up of 87 septillion tons of double aught buckshot.
Actually, to get the tonnage up, you'd have to use a smaller shot than 00. There'd be too much space between them. #6 or smaller birdshot would be better -- picky, picky,picky.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  09:02:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

... Too late for this old dog to learn new tricks.

Yup, I noticed.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  13:24:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not enough... You have to tell me what I'm wrong about.
He aleady told you. Can't you read?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  20:09:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it interesting that even the gas giants have moons. Which couldn't have been created by impact ejecta. If our moon was create that way then there has to be at least two proesses that created them.
Also,,,, Planets are basically our sun's moon's and a few billion years ago before man, we called them "Sun's young moons". SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  20:29:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Thanks to Wiki)

Lunar libration...

Known Solar System moons to date...

Mercury 0
Venus 0

Earth 1
Moon

Mars 2
Phobos, Deimos

Jupiter 62
Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Amalthea, Himalia, Elara, Pasiphae, Sinope, Lysithea, Carme, Ananke, Leda, Metis, Adrastea, Thebe, Callirrhoe, Themisto, Kalyke, Iocaste, Erinome, Harpalyke, Isonoe, Praxidike, Megaclite, Taygete, Chaldene, Autonoe, Thyone, Hermippe, Eurydome, Sponde, Pasithee, Euanthe, Kale, Orthosie, Euporie, Aitne, plus others yet to receive names

Saturn 33
Titan, Rhea, Iapetus, Dione, Tethys, Enceladus, Mimas, Hyperion, Prometheus, Pandora, Phoebe, Janus, Epimetheus, Helene, Telesto, Calypso, Atlas, Pan, Ymir, Paaliaq, Siarnaq, Tarvos, Kiviuq, Ijiraq, Thrym, Skadi, Mundilfari, Erriapo, Albiorix, Suttung, plus others yet to receive names

Uranus 27
Cordelia, Ophelia, Bianca, Cressida, Desdemona, Juliet, Portia, Rosalind, Belinda, Puck, Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon, Caliban, Sycorax, Prospero, Setebos, Stephano, Trinculo, plus others yet to receive names

Neptune 13
Triton, Nereid, Naiad, Thalassa, Despina, Galatea, Larissa, Proteus, plus others yet to receive names

Pluto 1
Charon

TOTAL 139...and counting

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.