The Flintstones: a documentary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  03:20:47  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Texas; where else?
Nearly a third of Texans believe humans and dinosaurs roamed the earth at the same time, and more than half disagree with the theory that humans developed from earlier species of animals, according to the University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

The differences in beliefs about evolution and the length of time that living things have existed on earth are reflected in the political and religious preference of our respondents, who were asked four questions about biological history and God:

• 38 percent said human beings developed over millions of years with God guiding the process and another 12 percent said that development happened without God having any part of the process. Another 38 percent agreed with the statement "God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago."

• Asked about the origin and development of life on earth without injecting humans into the discussion, and 53 percent said it evolved over time, "with a guiding hand from God." They were joined by 15 percent who agreed on the evolution part, but "with no guidance from God." About a fifth — 22 percent — said life has existed in its present form since the beginning of time.

They say that everything's bigger in Texas, Evidently lots of things are dumber as well. But we already knew that.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  10:33:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have a university in Texas?

Or is this a use of the word "university" that is as estranged from the regular use of "university" as the use of "museum" is from the regular use of "museum" when used by creation museums?

One wonders what is taught at a "university" in Texas...

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  13:57:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by dglas

They have a university in Texas?

Or is this a use of the word "university" that is as estranged from the regular use of "university" as the use of "museum" is from the regular use of "museum" when used by creation museums?

One wonders what is taught at a "university" in Texas...

Perhaps?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  16:13:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TEXAS, where theists and delusional politicians can live with their fantasy's together. Inquiring minds want to know, what's yours Mr. Bush? "I'm from Texas, I am a Texan. I talk to God and God speaks back to me, like when God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq".

Ah! The Flintstones were great. One classic was the baby elephant used as a vacuum cleaner.
Praise God and all His wonderful intelligent designs, all documented live on the Flintstones. All left out of the creation science museum dioramas.

"Science? What's science??? We don't need no stinking science!". SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  17:34:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever you posted there, Filthy, I cannot see it. A link perhaps?

- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  19:01:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by dglas

Whatever you posted there, Filthy, I cannot see it. A link perhaps?

It's just something I lifted off google images that I liked. It sort'a themes with the TX Board of Education, don't you think?

Anyhow, he link in the OP still works.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  19:08:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

It's just something I lifted off google images that I liked. It sort'a themes with the TX Board of Education, don't you think?
Oddly, one cannot see the image until one has gone to the website itself.

http://www.illuminati-news.com/graphics/armageddon1.gif

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  01:18:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some not-so-easy listening:

http://acksisofevil.org/audio/inner198.mp3

This is from a late October 2008 episode of "innerSide". About 4 minutes in, the show mashes up a commentary by AronRa ( http://www.youtube.com/user/AronRa#p/u/46/XTVpzwcpCCM ) with Lyle Lovett's "Not From Texas".

More episodes of innerSide here: http://acksisofevil.org/innerside.html

Have fun.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  05:47:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by filthy

Oddly, one cannot see the image until one has gone to the website itself.

http://www.illuminati-news.com/graphics/armageddon1.gif

Odd indeed. It shows up on my box just fine.

Must be another Illuminati conspiracy to take over TX.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

scooterKPFT

2 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  22:30:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit scooterKPFT's Homepage Send scooterKPFT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the props, Podcat. Something yall might be interested in is a radio rendition of Mark Twain's Mysterious Stranger, where satan visits earth and hangs out with some kids who are Mideval Europe versions of Huck and Tom.

It's all about moral relativism and one of the greatest slams on Xianity written by Americas favorite author.

go to http://acksisofevil.org/innerside2005.html and scroll down to #28, it's a nine part series.

yup,mmm hmmm, yup
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.