Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:51:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil:

"Here’s the thing. If we want to have an opinion argument and its relationship to critical thinking that I would take part in, it would have to be in another thread with opinions as the subject of the thread."

Dave:

Absolutely. I apologize.

bngbuck:

I will accede to your demand...
Kil:
So stop it!
.... not because you demand it, as you have no license to demand anything from me; but because you own the forum on which my comments appear. In business, it is the Golden Rule - he who has the gold, rules! In cyberspace, it is only fair to observe the same imperative - he who owns the cyberspace, controls what transpires in it!

Although I am not in any way subject to your demands, I will go you one better, I will make no more comment in this thread, period:

As far as Dave is concerned, I am sure that he will give me ample opportunity for entertainment in the future as he continues to declaim foolishness such as "Opinion IS claim to fact"

Originally posted by Dude:

"The problem with opinion in an argument is simple. For example: You are discussing with your wife where to budget some money for household upkeep, both of you are going to have different opinions on where the money should be spent. Those are actual opinions."

Dave: But they're still justifiable, and questions like "why do you think pet food is more important than diapers?" need to be answered with more than, "it's just my opinion."

Edited by - bngbuck on 03/10/2010 14:55:57
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  15:28:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, bngbuck, the more you use bolding, italicizing and underlining, the more you're showing yourself to be completely unaware of the words that you're not emphasizing (as well as a Philistine with regard to those you do). You're now providing an excellent example of a guy who's dug himself a hole, and when that's pointed out to him, he digs faster. Are you hoping to escape notice by digging all the way to your antipode?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  15:53:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck:

I will make no more comment in this thread, period:

As far as Dave is concerned, I am sure that he will give me ample opportunity for entertainment in the future as he continues to declaim foolishness such as "Opinion IS claim to fact"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  17:35:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes, bngbuck, we all know that you're very clever, since juxtaposing comments already made and then emphasizing different parts of them isn't a "comment" according to a dictionary definition (which you might ignore, anyway). And of course I meant "pharisee" in my prior post, not "Philistine" (the latter makes no sense at all), and you are demonstrating my point quite nicely.

Good boy, bngbuck. Have a cookie.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  17:55:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will make no more comment in THIS thread, period:

As far as Dave is concerned, I am sure that he will give me ample opportunity for entertainment in the future as he continues to declaim foolishness -- (such as "Opinion IS claim to fact")
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  17:58:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Yes, yes, bngbuck, we all know that you're very clever, since juxtaposing comments already made and then emphasizing different parts of them isn't a "comment" according to a dictionary definition (which you might ignore, anyway). And of course I meant "pharisee" in my prior post, not "Philistine" (the latter makes no sense at all), and you are demonstrating my point quite nicely.

Good boy, bngbuck. Have a cookie.

I've been following this massacree for some time now, and I think I deserve a cookie too.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  18:18:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

I've been following this massacree for some time now, and I think I deserve a cookie too.
Sure, filthy! You'll find one on your hard drive.

Sheesh, look at bngbuck go. Same gag, three times in about six hours. He's like a five-year-old.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.