New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  07:54:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vox on "the next female ghetto".

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  10:47:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This development, even more than big high-definition flatscreens and digital piracy, will marginalize the film industry. From church pews to college lectures, once women become the majority and quite reasonably have their preferences catered to, men are driven away.
For such a Fascist, Vox Day sure doesn't understand capitalism as well as Mussolini or Hitler did. Doesn't he understand that Hollywood doesn't care whether tickets are bought by males or females, only how many sell? Hollywood will always, however ineptly they may carry it off, try to make money by entertaining as many people as possible.

Vox, though, is just making this shit up because he hates women and hopes to piss off other guys who will blame them for having to watch chick flix.

Then, maybe, some of those angry guys will give up on the weak sex, and consider hanging out with the hunky Vox Day. In an entirely manly and Christian and heterosexual way, of course. Maybe they can go out to gladiator movies together.

Vox: His sword is hotter and longer.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/21/2010 10:48:59
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  10:52:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who have not yet gotten bored: My comment on Vox's newest post at 3/21/10 12:46 PM

Steveo

It's fun to hear atheist - evolutionists argue about "how" God would create (created) the heavens and the earth. When my son was four he could answer this question... however He wants.

Ah, if only every biologist, physicist, geologist, astronomer, etc had the ability to just blindly accept the existence of invisible beings with no evidence like your son does, we'd all be that much more knowledgeable about the universe around us, wouldn't we?

Did it ever occur to you Steveo that one reason that all those book-learned people argue about "how" God would create the heavens and the earth is this: The bible gives a general timetable, and a sequence of events of "creation".

When people look into this, like Glen Morton in geology they find that things just do not match up with what one would find if the earth was young.

As for "intelligent design", not even the ideas' proponents have any idea of how their "theory" is supposed to work: See this.

As Dembski was quoted as saying:

"ID is not a mechanistic theory, and it's not ID's task to match your pathetic level of detail in telling mechanistic stories."

What exactly are they going to teach in class if that ever got accepted?

All they can really do is try to poke "holes" in the theory of evolution. Yet, as resources like the Kitzmiller/Dover transcripts show, that falls apart.

Besides the transcript itself, check out that second link again.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 03/21/2010 10:55:12
Go to Top of Page

skeptic griggsy
Skeptic Friend

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  19:52:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skeptic griggsy's Homepage Send skeptic griggsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the ignored, Stevio, ignores the mountains of evidence in favor of evolution for faith in mere fables that have no real history or much else, the morality is atrocious in large part, and we don't meed salvation.
Reason saves, not that dim-witted dead Galilean!
I go to the supernaturalist jugular: no God has the right to condemn us or see us as his clay and Himself as the potter! Our level of consciousness gives us or rights-our autonomy from any other being.And were He to exist, He'd want no worship! Beings with low self-worth want constant adulation.
Yes, Stevio,I'm more intelligent than the ignoramuses who made up Yahweh!
Why our lineage alone illustrates evolution! Biography and serum analysis affirm it. It behooves any honest inquirer to study the evidence rather than rely on seriously- flawed people who do no real research but distort others' findings as Talk Origins would show.
Sir, we are great apes and ought to support the Great Ape Project to better protect the other great apes and probably the dolphins also.
Other than the Buy-bull and dogmatic creationism, what are your personal reasons,sir?

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism. Logic is the bane of theists.Religion is mythinformation. Reason saves, not a dead Galilean fanatic.
Edited by - skeptic griggsy on 03/31/2010 20:00:38
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  03:03:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you mean "biogeography" instead of "biography"?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  11:27:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've found something that I've really got to do more research on this comment by ZDMoses over on Pharyngula. It looks like good ammunition for whenever xians (like Mariano, Vox Day, AIG, etc) talk about all the "deaths" that atheism caused in the 20th century.

I originally had this post in a new thread, but I figure it'd be better off in one thread and not spread around.

(referring to Stalin and Mao:
And, neither of them killed as many as Hung Xiuquan who lead the Taiping Rebellion in China.

Hung adopted Christianity as a young many and studied with Issachar J. Roberts, a Southern Baptist minister who taught him everything he would know about Christianity. With the Christianity of Roberts, Hung, some relatives, and some followers formed a new religious sect, the God Worshipers, that dedicated itself to the destruction of idols in the region around Canton.

Just like today's modern Taliban. Ta da!

Hung didn't stop there. He was bound and determined to make China a Christian nation. His rebellion lasted 24 years and was responsible for over 20 million deaths in the 1800's!

Let's see:
Most accurate sources put the total deaths during the 15 years of the Rebellion at about 20 million civilians and soldiers.[6] Most of the deaths were attributed to plague and famine. At the Third Battle of Nanking in 1864, more than 100,000 were killed in 3 days.

So, like with Stalin, famine and whatnot were the biggest causes of death. Though I'll point out the difference here: The war that directly caused that famine was due to that religious wackjob. The famines that Stalin and Mao had were due to bad planning and ignorant "science".

Back to ZDMoses:
Now, as for Stalin... Well, his death toll is routinely over-exaggerated. Russian had 190 million people. Yet the right-wingers insist that, in a decade, that he killed up to 54 million people. Or one-third of his population.

Hardly. He did kill, but the real number is a bout 6.6 million, of which most were deaths because of starvation. And that was caused by the rejection of natural selection (Darwin) for Lysenkoism and the resulting agricultural failures as Lysenko's methods failed, failed and failed again.

Actual killings were, according to the records, 642,980 political (counter-revolutionary/power consolidation) killings and another 100,000+ criminals. (Yes, the Soviets had the death penalty, just like Texas and other regressive states.)

And Pol Pot was remarkably similar. Most of the deaths were caused by starvation and displacement because of his emptying the cities for his agrarian paradise with the smaller amount being the political killings.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 09/16/2010 11:38:04
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  03:58:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I tried posting here, at the 11/7/10 2:22 AM time. Too bad the system there mauled what I had to say: I had to repost some of it.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  23:49:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His commentators are as bad, if not worse. I replied to this one guy on this thread:

(italicized ==him replying to me
bolded ==me being quoted by him in his reply to me.
plain == me replying to him)

If all of the above are random chemical processes that only get to live once and die in the end, why should I hear any of their point of view and not create MY OWN point of view where I can do what I jolly please without any regard of the concequences if I have/find the power to pull it of?
Who are they or you to say what I do is wrong?
Actually that IS the end point of atheism even if you don't like it, based on the results I gave you above.Long story sort either there is a Law giver or we all Gods.

No, we're human beings. Athiests don't believe in gods, remember? We do NOT say that we ARE gods! Talk about strawman here!

And thank you for showing what your morality is truly like. Atheists in general do not act like that. It's you theists who are constantly saying stuff like: "Without any God to tell me what to do, I may as well do whatever I want...I don't care about other people's feelings or whatnot."

It's funny how none of you ever stop to think what that makes you people look like. ;)

Easy. Dahmer doesn't have a clue about how the theory of evolution works. "Fitness" is defined by the natural surroundings of the organisms, not some bloody wacko who decides that he hates people.
Based on whose definiton? Yours?
Try asking any evolutionary biologist. I challenge you to find one who will back your version of "our worldview" up. I doubt you'll succeed, since the meaning of Natural selection has whizzed over your little head.

Sorry if he has the might to make his ends right then in your worldview he is correct.
Isn't that what you thiests think about "god's" morality? Might makes right? At least with certain Calvinists anyway...

And a lot of a bloody wackos have rosen since TENS was formed, a little something to tell you about evolution dont' you think?
Yes. You're stone cold ignorant about it.

And just why would you want to do this, if not to try to turn people against it?
Because it is the truth maybe? <-- (referring to the "fact" that atheists kill more than theists do)
Even if I were generous and assumed such, you still didn't answer my question. Why would you care about spreading such "truth" in the first place? What is the goal here? The purpose?

So what kind of weapons the France revolutionists had and killed more than 20.000 prisoners except gallows and guillotines? And if I remember correctly from your first paragraph you said that we had Greco-Roman and Enlightment influences in our culture, therefore we do not live in an age of superstision and sword, and yet in that age the "Enlightment" ones have manage to do more harm to others than all the non Enlightment ones put together.
Now tell me how many people would they kill if they had the time to do it like Christianity?

Perhaps as much as in the Taiping Rebellion...the time periods were close enough.

And as I said about Taping Rebellion it was civil war, I was speaking about "peace" periods so strawman.
Do you consider the French revolution to be "peaceful" now when you're talking about atheists killing people in "peace" periods??

You're being asinine anyway. The point is: Who did the more killing? What difference does it make whether it's in a declared war or "peace"? You're trying to handwave away a shameful example of theists killing each other in modern times that easily matches the number that "atheists" have killed.

So the only morals TENS can give us is utilitarianism? Sorry thats not a good enough source of morality to me.
Are you nuts? There's a little bit more to it than that: Empathy, caring for one's family and friends? Does any of that mean anything to you?

Instead you get your "morality" from a being portrayed as a genocidal psychopath in the OT? You know, with the whole killing pregnant women thing...

And in 1/20 of the time that you are dodging it since the begining of our conversation, now how many weapons of MD the REign of Terror had?
I've dodge nothing: I've pointed out that the more modern regimes had MD, while your theist regimes of the past didn't.

That's why they were able to kill more people. Or, do you still believe that the theist terrorist of centuries ago would have been more merciful to his enemies than someone with an uzi today would?

But if you are so secure about it by all means try to argue VD himself with the arguments presented on the blog that first moderates the comments beofre aproves them ;).
Can't see how he could be any worse than you.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  02:15:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My last reply there:

By the way, if Vox is using ONE person as an example for athiests, what about all the frauds in the faith-healing industry and in xianity in general?

Benny Hinn, Peter Popoff, the HUGE pedophile scandal rocking the Catholic church (among other denominations), etc?

So, if one person is enough material for a blog post, what about all those others on your side of the fence?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds.