This is getting VERY nasty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  17:23:54  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has the right wing gone completely insane?

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  17:53:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The inseparable identify of the Teabaggers with racism is shown yet again. And yet these are the people the GOP is recruiting into their party to save it. Lincoln would puke. Goldwater would explode. Eisenhower would shake his head in dismay.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  20:27:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fox News' take on this.

From now on, this is going to be my litmus test to find out if right-leaning people are serious about governing the nation. Describe this situation to them, and wait for their reaction. The correct one, of course, is to repudiate the racist behavior in no uncertain terms and acknowledge that the race of a Congressperson has nothing to do with any argument for or against health care reform. Period.

If they suggest that the Democratic Congressmen are lying, or that they are "playing the race card," or that it's just a few bad apples within the large and diverse party (all three of which can be found in the comments to that Fox News article), I'll know that their opinions on serious matters don't mean squat.

We're 46 years after a civil rights platform caused a walk-out at the Democratic National Convention. People should have a good grasp of these issues, and even understand that the mere appearance of racism will get the hypervigilant on your case, which is completely unnecessary to the political process at this time. In other words, it doesn't matter if the person I'm asking is lying to me when they say what I want to hear, if they won't say it without qualifiers, then they're simply idiots.

So, when Fox News publishes a story (and/or the RNC offers a press release) in which they provide some quotes from Republican and Tea Party leaders saying that racial slurs are totally inappropriate for a protest of health-care reform, without using the word "alleged," or attempting to excuse the offense, then I'll take them seriously.

Until then, given the last several centuries of American history, they're offering tacit approval of such behavior. That might be fine when they're talking to other racists, but it's not fine by me. And if they claim that their intended audience is mostly racists, then they're admitting to either racism or pandering. Should we take either one seriously?

(Oh, don't miss out on the commenter to the Fox News story who wonders why calling Barney Frank a faggot is a bad thing if he's gay.)

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  21:23:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice alleged news coverage from Fox. As usual.

Given the circumstances and well-known facts that any reporter could check out (the epithets of "Nigger!" and "Faggot!" and screaming Teabaggers spitting on Congress members), I allege Fox News is nothing but a racist, homophobic, Fascist propaganda organ.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  15:18:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike the Mad Biologist:
As I've said before, not that all Republicans and conservatives are bigots. But Republicans and conservatives need these hatemongering scum in order to win elections and push their political agenda. They would rather hold political power than heal the festering sore of racism.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  05:45:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yet another reason to search for intelligent life beyond earth. Sometimes it seems so little of it exists here. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.