New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  02:21:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Starman

Well, we have to admit our error here:
Bill Donohue: Child Molesting Priests Weren’t Pedophiles Because Most Boys Were Post Pubescent
Bill Donohue: It’s not a pedophilia… most of the victims were post pubescent…

Roberts: You know…

Donohue: You’ve got to get your facts straight. I’m sorry. If I’m the only one that’s going to deal with facts tonight so be it. The vast majority of the victims are post pubescent. That’s not pedophilia buddy. That’s homosexuality.
Guess everything is alright and we should all apologize to the pope and the church then...

Bill's not the only one.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  02:33:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The date, 04/01/2010, should be enough....
How widespread is the April Fool's concept, internationally?
Good question. I don't know the answer from my own experience, but Wiki says:
Traditionally, in some countries, such as the UK, Australia, South Africa and parts of Canada, the jokes only last until noon, and someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool". Elsewhere, such as in France, Ireland, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Russia, The Netherlands, Brazil, and the U.S., the jokes last all day. The earliest recorded association between April 1 and foolishness can be found in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (1392). Many writers suggest that the restoration of January 1 as New Year's Day in the 16th century was responsible for the creation of the holiday, but this theory does not explain earlier references.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  02:35:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Well, we have to admit our error here:
Bill Donohue: Child Molesting Priests Weren’t Pedophiles Because Most Boys Were Post Pubescent
Bill Donohue: It’s not a pedophilia… most of the victims were post pubescent…

Roberts: You know…

Donohue: You’ve got to get your facts straight. I’m sorry. If I’m the only one that’s going to deal with facts tonight so be it. The vast majority of the victims are post pubescent. That’s not pedophilia buddy. That’s homosexuality.
Guess everything is alright and we should all apologize to the pope and the church then...

Bill's not the only one.

A defense Roger perhaps plans to use at his own trial?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  03:48:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

The date, 04/01/2010, should be enough....
How widespread is the April Fool's concept, internationally?
Good question. I don't know the answer from my own experience, but Wiki says:
Traditionally, in some countries, such as the UK, Australia, South Africa and parts of Canada, the jokes only last until noon, and someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool". Elsewhere, such as in France, Ireland, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Russia, The Netherlands, Brazil, and the U.S., the jokes last all day. The earliest recorded association between April 1 and foolishness can be found in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (1392). Many writers suggest that the restoration of January 1 as New Year's Day in the 16th century was responsible for the creation of the holiday, but this theory does not explain earlier references.

I think that some concept of April Fool's has been around since 'way back when some homnid or other evolved a sense of humor.
The Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time
As judged by notoriety, creativity, and number of people duped

I nominate Piltdown Man for top honors!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  17:54:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's it. We need to all forward each other emails with our "signatures" for an online petition. We have the digital power to change the centuries-old entrenched ways. Ja. Really. Ja. Ja. Ja. {is this forum on} Ja. Ja. Ja. ...

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  03:17:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's worse than we knew. The Church has been using rural Alaska as a dumping grounds for the priests outed for rape and molestation for a long time. Needless to say, they continued happily on with the native populations in their new homes.

Gotta priest sullying the good name of the Church? No problem; shitcan the fucker to Alaska. He'll be of sight and happy in the bargain. It's a winner from all points of view.... except one.
The "Pedophile's Paradise"
Alaska Natives are accusing the Catholic Church of using their remote villages as a “dumping ground” for child-molesting priests—and blaming the president of Seattle University for letting it happen.

ne spring afternoon in 1977, 15-year-old Rachel Mike tried to kill herself for the third time. An Alaska Native, Rachel was living in a tiny town called Stebbins on a remote island called St. Michael. She lived in a house with three bedrooms and nine siblings. Rachel was a drinker, depressed, and starving. "When my parents were drinking, we didn't eat right," she says. "I just wanted to get away from the drinking."

Rachel walked to the bathroom to fetch the family rifle, propped in the bathtub with the dirty laundry (the house didn't have running water). To make sure the gun worked, Rachel loaded a shell and blew a hole in her bedroom wall. Her father, passed out on his bed, didn't hear the shot. Rachel walked behind their small house. Her arms were too short to put the rifle to her head, so she shot herself in her right leg instead.

Rachel was found screaming in a pool of blood by her Auntie Emily and flown 229 miles to a hospital in Nome. The doctor asked if she wanted to see a priest. She said yes. In walked Father James Poole—a popular priest, radio personality on KNOM, and, according to allegations in at least five lawsuits, serial child rapist. Father Poole has never been convicted of a crime, but the Jesuits have settled numerous sex-abuse claims against him since 2005, in excess of $5 million, according to an attorney involved in four of those five lawsuits. Exact figures aren't available because some of the settlements involve confidentiality agreements. The Jesuits have never let a single case against Father Poole go to trial.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  09:12:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neumayr Offers Worst Tu Quoque in History:

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  09:22:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And apparently, the victims of clergy sexual abuse were asking for it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  12:11:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And apparently, the victims of clergy sexual abuse were asking for it.
So, is the justification of the Church's mass child-raping going to be the next fall-back line of defense? This is getting more disgusting by the very day.

I don't expect religion in general to wither away into nothingness in my lifetime, but I honestly do think the Roman Catholic Church is dooming itself and will collapse soon.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  11:06:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9EVMF301&show_article=1

Oops, missed a page! Damn those pesky permantent ink signitures.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  14:16:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine that Catholics are not leaving their Church in accelerating droves now. Anyone know of recent stats about this, particularly in the short period since news of Ratzi's complicity as a pedophile enabler came out?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  14:34:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an article at The daily Dish, entitled "The Vatican's Watergate: Follow The Money":
One of the critical legacies of Pope John Paul II was his unwavering support for the biggest institutional force in the greater conspiracy to commit and hide sex abuse in the Catholic Church. I'm referring to the Legion of Christ, a creepy, vast, enormously wealthy church within a church, run by pederast, pedophile, bigamist and con artist, Marcial Maciel. Maciel, who was addicted to morphine, abused (at least) twenty seminarians and had (at least) two wives, and several children. The Legion at its peak had resources of $33 billion. His chief enablers and supporters were, of course, the theocons, who got a thrill up the leg observing this strictly orthodox leadership cult, combining the political and social attitudes of the 1950s with the oomph of modern day evangelical growth and money.

. . .
[My emphasis.]

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  20:38:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, PZ Myers has a post where the Pope looks like he's been nailed.

Naturally, Coren jumps to the defense.

By the way, I do wish we could be brave enough to stop using such dishonest language. A tiny percentage of the abuse was pedophiliac in nature, the vast majority being the homosexual rape of adolescent boys by Gay men. Not me saying this but them. 90% of the accused clergy describe themselves as being homosexual. Only an idiot would assume that normal men suddenly develop an urge to have sex with thirteen-year-old boys; when normal men break their vows of celibacy or betray their wives they have affairs with grown women. The pathology is obvious, as is the denial and the cover-up.

What a fool. The only one "covering anything up" is his god-damned fucking church!

When called on it, by the first commentator, this is his reply.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  21:09:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The pope should not resign. That will only lead to business as usual under a different name.

People must be arrested, charged, tried, convicted and sentenced in order to enforce transparency and accountability.

Nothing less will even begin to solve the problem. This is not about one pope. This is about systemic abuse, under the protection of the church. We must not permit this to be about one man, even if the man is a symbol.

Actually, I worry that the pope will be assassinated, possible from within, or will suicide.

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  22:28:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

When called on it, by the first commentator, this is his reply.
I left a comment:
If Catholicism includes the systematic cover-up for and protection of people of any sexual persuasion who rape minors of either sex while laying claim to being a source of moral guidance - and the continued revelations indicate that the RCC thinks that it does - then I will gladly accept the label of "anti-Catholic."

Not that I am a part of "the media" or anything, but it's obvious that the above needs to be said, repeatedly. Even if (and it's a big "if") homosexuality is the root of the problem, the Church has obviously gone out of its way to hide the problem and to allow its perpetrators to continue to act. Attempts to lay blame for the scandal anywhere but with the Catholic Church hierarchy are simply distractions and noise, even if the blame for the rapes themselves lies elsewhere. Until the leadership own up to their roles in the continuing drama, and the lay Catholics stop being complicit in the crimes by trying to put up smoke screens around them, I will have to consider the Roman Catholic Church and its membership to be a major source of evil in the world.

I am anti-Catholic, and damn proud of it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.