Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  07:13:50  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to this story:
The radical Islamic Web site Revolutionmuslim.com is going after the creators of the TV cartoon series "South Park" after an episode last week included an image of the Prophet Mohammed in disguise.

Revolutionmuslim.com, based in New York, was the subject of a CNN investigation last year for its radical rhetoric supporting “jihad” against the West and praising al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Its organizers insist they act within the law and seek to protect Islam.

On Sunday, Revolutionmuslim.com posted an entry that included a warning to South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone that they risk violent retribution – after the 200th episode last week included a satirical discussion about whether an image of the prophet could be shown. In the end, he is portrayed disguised in a bear suit.

YouTube: Watch Trey Parker and Matt Stone talk about the decision

The posting on Revolutionmuslim.com says: “We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

Theo van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered by an Islamic extremist in 2004 after making a short documentary on violence against women in some Islamic societies. The posting on Revolutionmuslim.com features a graphic photograph of Van Gogh with his throat cut and a dagger in his chest.

. . .

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  07:26:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I might think it's kind of funny if there wasn't already a precedent set. We know these Islamic loons realy get off on murder.
I saw the episode last week and if I recal correctly they never really showed Mohammed, they just drove him around in a U-Haul. maybe I missed the part where the actually showed him.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  08:44:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The radical Islamic Web site Revolutionmuslim.com is going after the creators of the TV cartoon series "South Park" after an episode last week included an image of the Prophet Mohammed in disguise.

. . .

Look out HM I hope the web site doesn't take your picture as "the Prophet Mohammed in disguise". Being from the same species you kinda looks like him, ya' know. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  16:44:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "Fat Lady" sings. First the web site was shutdown and now the sentence of 11.5 years in prison.
Link
A New York man who was involved in making online threats to the writers of the South Park television series, as well as other writers critical of Islam, was sentenced to 11 ½ years in prison on June 22.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  19:29:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

The "Fat Lady" sings. First the web site was shutdown and now the sentence of 11.5 years in prison.
Link
A New York man who was involved in making online threats to the writers of the South Park television series, as well as other writers critical of Islam, was sentenced to 11 ½ years in prison on June 22.

Good! It's about Mohammad-pig-fucking time that some of those bastards got taken down.

I hate South Park as much as the next civilized person, but I hope those guys make a special episode dedicated to this incident.

What I notice? The fact that in their "warning" where they use Theo van Gogh getting whacked for making a documentary that shows islamic abuse towards women, as an example of what can happen when one criticizes islam, is that they must approve of islamic males abusing women.

Otherwise, they'd have agreed with him instead of using him as a warning.

Anyone disagree?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 06/23/2012 02:47:40
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  23:30:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like South Park.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  00:03:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Link

Super! These cowardly guys have been using terrorist threats to intimate for too damned long. Personally, I think these guys were always hoping some braver Islamist crazy would do the assassinating for them, letting them go on hiding behind the same freedom of expression that they are attacking.

Fail. U R doing it rong.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/23/2012 00:04:30
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  17:10:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I like South Park.

I'm catching up on missed episodes on Netflix in my Pad of i. Comfy sofa viewing.
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 06/25/2012 17:21:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.