Creation/Evolution
 That video IS a horror!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  23:09:35  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PZ is right when he says that. He links to a video of AIG staff bullshitting to children, and the poor souls are lapping it up. Well of course they are; they're being fed bullshit from adults whom kids are wired to trust, in the name of "god", and kids do not have the information at hand to refute that shit.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  07:24:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

PZ is right when he says that. He links to a video of AIG staff bullshitting to children, and the poor souls are lapping it up. Well of course they are; they're being fed bullshit from adults whom kids are wired to trust, in the name of "god", and kids do not have the information at hand to refute that shit.

I particulary liked this comment:
I was listening with my 10 yr old son to some Christian radio station with a debate between some Creationist and Reggie Finley, the Creationist says humans existed alongside dinosaurs. My son says, "Dad that's not true he's off by millions of years."

Then I said, yeah a smart kid like you knows that.

Then he says, "Dad, even a dumb kid should know that."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  09:11:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

[quote]
I was listening with my 10 yr old son to some Christian radio station with a debate between some Creationist and Reggie Finley, the Creationist says humans existed alongside dinosaurs. My son says, "Dad that's not true he's off by millions of years."

Then I said, yeah a smart kid like you knows that.

Then he says, "Dad, even a dumb kid should know that."

That's the whole freaking problem, even smart kids who are brain washed don't, won't know that. One thousand brain washed people drank the cool aid in Jonestown. Fuckers killed their infant babies because they were brainwashed. There had to be smart people there too. In the US alone, one can say way more than 100 million people believe what this smart kid thinks even dumb kids should know. People are politically brain washed in the media and have no clue. Exposure is the only weapon.

Did anyone notice ham asked "did your grandfather look like this?" And to reinforce the misrepresentation asked " did your grandmother look like this?" All them parents are so brain washed into the bible being the truth, they allow the programming to continue. At any cost.
Any comment from the theist here?? Do you approve this misrepresentation of the facts? I'd like to hear your belief. Do you teach your kids this way, lying about what the theory says? SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 05/03/2010 09:13:07
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  11:25:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else think that the slides with the apes (where Ham asks if they look like your grand parents) look remarkably like ... Ham?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  13:44:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

Did anyone else think that the slides with the apes (where Ham asks if they look like your grand parents) look remarkably like ... Ham?

Your right Hawks. TFF! I thought the same thing while I was watching it too. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  13:55:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

That's Funny! (And observant)

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Edited by - astropin on 05/04/2010 09:38:25
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  17:05:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul
In the US alone, one can say way more than 100 million people believe what this smart kid thinks even dumb kids should know.

Is that a real statistic? Admittedly, the topic doesn't come up that much, but I grew up in a small Appalachian town and never heard anyone support this idea, and I would expect that location to be higher than the average in lack of scientific knowledge. All through school, it was presented as dinosaurs dying out 65 million years ago without any doubt.

Edit: http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm
Yep, 45% believe in YEC in 2004 according to Gallup. That's beyond sad...

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Edited by - Machi4velli on 05/03/2010 17:29:04
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  21:53:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some people put way too much trust in the voices in their heads.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.