Dude: UN charter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  11:24:14  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's better if we started another thread:

Originally posted by Dude

Some time ago, in a thread about Iraq, you stated that the UN charter made all use of military force outside our own borders a criminal act. The fact you can't recall your own stupidity is not my problem.

Have at it buddy. Show me where I said that.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  19:33:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your memory is really that bad, and you can't be bothered to use the search function of these boards to find your own words, then I guess I'm left with no choice but to rub your nose in your own shit.

You said here:
It is a violation of the U.N. Charter, Nuremberg and several other international treaties and charters to attack other countries.

And again here.

And here.

And here.

Do you need more?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Edited by - Dude on 06/07/2010 19:34:09
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  22:48:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've shown where I quote the UN Charter, to which the U.S. is a signatory, making it the law of the land. Are you disputing that the U.S. is a member of the UN again, or what exactly is your point? There are specific ways a country can defend itself or its allies.

Please now, show me, and again, as I said in the other thread, I'm sure you're correct, where did I say "all use of military force outside our own borders" is a violation of international law?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 06/07/2010 23:14:14
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:37:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gorgo

You've shown where I quote the UN Charter, to which the U.S. is a signatory, making it the law of the land. Are you disputing that the U.S. is a member of the UN again, or what exactly is your point? There are specific ways a country can defend itself or its allies.

Please now, show me, and again, as I said in the other thread, I'm sure you're correct, where did I say "all use of military force outside our own borders" is a violation of international law?

Now you deny your own words?

Your idiocy is incomprehensible. I was paraphrasing, but there is no doubt that you do consider any use of military force outside our borders a crime.

The UN charter, as has been explained to you a dozen times, does not say what you think it says.

Now stop embarrassing yourself and go sit down.

Dave_W, Kil, you people locked a thread when I did this (picked a fight with another member of the forums) and issued me a warning. Might want to get on with a little moderation before this degrades further and people other than Dglas get pissed enough with this fool to cuss him out too. And really, with regard to the other thread he is being a jackass in, you might want to consider enforcing a little civility by moderation there as well.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:47:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Gorgo

Now you deny your own words?

Your idiocy is incomprehensible. I was paraphrasing, but there is no doubt that you do consider any use of military force outside our borders a crime.

The UN charter, as has been explained to you a dozen times, does not say what you think it says.

Now stop embarrassing yourself and go sit down.

Dave_W, Kil, you people locked a thread when I did this (picked a fight with another member of the forums) and issued me a warning. Might want to get on with a little moderation before this degrades further and people other than Dglas get pissed enough with this fool to cuss him out too. And really, with regard to the other thread he is being a jackass in, you might want to consider enforcing a little civility by moderation there as well.

In other words, you were wrong. Don't worry about it, everyone's wrong once in a while.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  01:38:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the links in the threads you referenced are old and not working.

Kofi Annan, a servant of the cold war relic, a servant of the imperialist elite himself agreed that the Iraq war was a violation of international law:
When pressed on whether he viewed the invasion of Iraq as illegal, he said: "Yes, if you wish. I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter from our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3661134.stm

This is a current link for one of the old links which explains why it's illegal:

http://www.cesr.org/downloads/Tearing%20up%20the%20Rules%20The%20Illegality%20of%20Invading%20IRaq%202003.pdf

There are others, of course, but none of them say, nor do I think I would say that all military actions, inside or outside of a country's own borders are a violation of international law. Where you may be confused is that I once (as in a while ago, not as in only once) said that I agreed with the WRL that war is a crime against humanity. I don't say that anymore as it is at best confusing, and at worst wrong, and I've kind of given up on the WRL. I think I've explained that the word crime in this instance is not a reference to international law, but another use of the word crime, as in injurious to the public.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 06/08/2010 01:52:07
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  09:05:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are an imbecile. You have 13 pages so far of arguing against what other people are not actually saying, and now you have a thread here saying you didn't say what you actually said.

It's rather pitiful that you can't comprehend simple concepts like responsibility for actions, and just plain pathetic that you can't accept responsibility for your own words.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  11:57:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You are an imbecile. You have 13 pages so far of arguing against what other people are not actually saying, and now you have a thread here saying you didn't say what you actually said.

It's rather pitiful that you can't comprehend simple concepts like responsibility for actions, and just plain pathetic that you can't accept responsibility for your own words.

Rethinking my response here, so I deleted a couple of posts. Here's the thing. You said that I said something. You have failed to show that. Now you're insulting, you're diverting attention to another thread, you're worried about everything but backing up what you said. Please, I'm happy to find out that I'm wrong. I really am. I learn from that. Show me. Please show me.

Then tell me the Iraq war is not a criminal war in every use of the word criminal, and show me why it isn't. You just say things without backing them up. Back something up once. Show me I'm wrong. Please. Once. Show me something.

Show me that the U.S. is not part of the UN. Show me. Show me that there is no signed treaty that has some binding effect on the U.S. Show me that there is no international law that applies to the U.S. Show me.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 06/08/2010 12:04:50
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  17:57:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  18:09:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds.