Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  12:22:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

The fact that the administration would choose to ramp up the racist rhetoric even further by calling out al Qaeda as a racist group is embarrassing us in front of the whole world. If he, or his administration, would concentrate half as much on the real issues and give the whole race card thing a break for awhile his poll numbers might actually start to go up instead of down.

Nice dodge, Bill. Admit it. You were deliberately deceptive. In other words, you lied. In fact, the CNN link is about how Al Qaeda was racist towards Obama, NOT the other way around.

But frankly, coming from you, I'm not surprised.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  12:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

They value everybody's life as less than their own.

Exactly. So why start up the racist rhetoric with a bunch of cold blooded killers? From everything I have read it sounds like they chose their target based on whether they considered it a soft target or not. If they felt like they could have hit a British target with more ease and with more deaths then they would have done it in a heartbeat. I am not going to beat this into the ground but many times I just don't follow this administrations logic at all. With all that is on the obama plate right now that the American people want him to work on it seems like the last thing he, or his administration, needs to be doing is to start jawing back and forth with al Qaeda in the media over racism. Has he seen the recent unemployment numbers? Has he seen the latest poll numbers on the publics confidence in him? Whoever is advising him on with whom and where he should pick his battles needs be fired, today.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/15/2010 13:10:23
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  12:57:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Nice dodge, Bill. Admit it. You were deliberately deceptive. In other words, you lied.

Your a convoluted nut.

In fact, the CNN link is about how Al Qaeda was racist towards Obama, NOT the other way around.

I never said that obama was being racist towards al Qaeda. I simply can't for the life of me figure out why he picked this fight and what he hopes to gain by jawing back and forth in the media with al Qaeda over racism.

The first link shows obama calling out al Qaeda as racist. Whether he insinuates this or says it directly through a white house aid is irrelevant. The point being with all the real issues he has on his plate this petty fight he is starting with al Qaeda is about the last thing the American voters want to see him fixated on.

The second link to CNN was just to show that he got his wish, a public sparing match with al Qaeda over racism. Just great. And what does he hope this is going to accomplish? I thought it was rather obvious that the al Qaeda guy was simply mocking and taunting him for starting the whole thing. Has he accomplished anything by attaching the racist label to a terrorist organization?

World Opinion: Yeah they may blow people up at will and indiscriminately for selfish reasons but those al Qaeda guys are not that bad of folks.

Obama: I am hear today to tell you that al Qaeda is a racist organization who has no value for human African life.

World Opinion: Oh those dirty al Qaeda bastards need to die today. We can handle a little nondiscriminatory killings but if they are racist as well then that crosses the line.

*sigh*

But frankly, coming from you, I'm not surprised.

Maybe you should come back when you actually have something to add to the conversation.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  13:11:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your a convoluted nut.

Yikes. Boy, is that a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The first link shows obama calling out al Qaeda as racist.

No, it doesn't. Claiming otherwise does not make it so.

Whether he insinuates this or says it directly through a white house aid is irrelevant.

And I predicted that weasel-out dodge.

World Opinion: Yeah they may blow people up at will and indiscriminately for selfish reasons but those al Qaeda guys are not that bad of folks.

Obama: I am hear today to tell you that al Qaeda is a racist organization who has no value for human African life.

World Opinion: Oh those dirty al Qaeda bastards need to die today. We can handle a little nondiscriminatory killings but if they are racist as well then that crosses the line.

Yet another of bill's patented fabricated straw-man imaginary conversations

Maybe you should come back when you actually have something to add to the conversation.

Somehow, this dismissive comment doesn't quite carry the weight that you intend it to, due to it's source.

You are quite a chuckle, though.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  13:28:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The first link shows obama calling out al Qaeda as racist.

No, it doesn't. Claiming otherwise does not make it so.

ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper reports that President Obama gave an interview yesterday to the South African Broadcasting Corporation. In it, Obama expressed his distaste for al Qaeda’s inhumane practices, which he further vilified as “racist.”

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2010/07/15/obama-al-qaeda-is-racist/

Ok if BO did not directly call them a "racist" then your beef is with Jake Tapper and ABC News and not me because I am just going on what was reported.

And I predicted that weasel-out dodge.

Dude, the president has started a tiff with al Qaeda over his views that they are racist. If you cannot accept this reality then there is nothing else I can do to help you come back to said reality. Actually I think your just playing a childish game of semantics truth be told.

Yet another of bill's patented fabricated straw-man imaginary conversations.

You can just call it satire for short.

Go to Top of Page

ooh_child

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  13:46:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ooh_child a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse
why did the couple do this? Were they really attempting to "set a business" or were they only joking? There's a big fucking difference, because if the ACORN-employee saw through the ruise, then they were playing along for kicks. Which means they weren't really bad people, they were just having a spell of poor judgement.

The performance in that video was so laughably pathetic - something straight out of some cheesy Hollywood stereotype of what a "pimp" looks like - that if the ACORN employees took them seriously, they (the employees) needed to be fired for stupidity .

Actually, it's been shown through the unedited tapes that O'Keefe never wore the pimp costume in front of any ACORN employees. He just edited the footage aired on TV to make it look like he & Giles were dressed up that way when they visited the various offices.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  14:14:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and that is the important fact about this ACORN scandal, it was fake, made up, a lie.
It should have been called the Fox News scandal, or rather yet another Fox News scandal.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  16:02:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I think your just playing a childish game of semantics truth be told.

Agreed. This quibbling over an inconsequential story has diverted this thread from it's OP. And I getting quite bored as well.

You can just call it satire for short.

But i thought satire was supposed to be funny.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  16:53:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nice dodge, Bill. Admit it. You were deliberately deceptive. In other words, you lied.

So no apology for falsely accusing me of having lied?

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/15/2010 19:33:50
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  22:55:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update from Rachel Maddow on the Giles-Okeefe Scandal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#38215556

Oh, and by the way? The link to the CNN article? From November 2008. Over a year and a half ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/21/obama.muslim.remark/index.html

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  01:08:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill Scott:
The couple pulled this off at multiple ACORN offices. But as I said, just because some of the ACORN administration was acting very poorly, to say the least, I can not paint with such a wide stroke as to say all, or even most, ACORN supports support ACORN employees consulting folks on how to run a tax free teenage sex trade operation.

Ooops, I came into this thread a bit late. Bill, it just didn't happen. The scumbags who did this (the couple who looked like they fell out of a 70's movie or they were on there way to a halloween party) edited the tapes and Fox played them over and over again. The scumbags and Fox news have no scruples, and when it was discovered that the two had edited the tapes to make it look like something it wasn't, Fox didn't do a retraction. That must be why you don't know that the scumbags at Fox and the two douche-bags who filmed at Acorn and edited the tapes were lying. But now you do, unless your blind or just live in an alternate reality where correct information is simply filtered out. (You know. The Fox reality.)

So it's time to come clean. Admit you were wrong or you have zero credibility. Just say it. "I was wrong about Acorn and I stand corrected." How hard can it be to say those words? Phrase it any way you want to. But know this. Your integrity is on the line.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  02:17:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So no apology for falsely accusing me of having lied?

Nope. Cause you were intentionally deceptive as I pointed out earlier. But I wasn't going to keep beating on a minor detail in the larger topic at hand.

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  04:21:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper reports that President Obama gave an interview yesterday to the South African Broadcasting Corporation. In it, Obama expressed his distaste for al Qaeda’s inhumane practices, which he further vilified as “racist.”

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2010/07/15/obama-al-qaeda-is-racist/

Ok if BO did not directly call them a "racist" then your beef is with Jake Tapper and ABC News and not me because I am just going on what was reported.

No, in fact my beef is with hotair.com. Because if you read the article by Jake Tapper, what Obama says is pretty far from what hotair.com claims.

The article by Tapper himself seems pretty much on the mark, but entails a more than just Obama's comments.

Dude, the president has started a tiff with al Qaeda over his views that they are racist. If you cannot accept this reality then there is nothing else I can do to help you come back to said reality. Actually I think your just playing a childish game of semantics truth be told.

Nobody started a tiff. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, pretending that Al Quaida responded to Obama by pointing to an article from 2008 and pretending that Obama's comments are some kind of conspiracy to brand everyone a racist.

What did you expect Obama to do, ignore that those bombings happened?

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  04:32:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Bill Scott:
The couple pulled this off at multiple ACORN offices. But as I said, just because some of the ACORN administration was acting very poorly, to say the least, I can not paint with such a wide stroke as to say all, or even most, ACORN supports support ACORN employees consulting folks on how to run a tax free teenage sex trade operation.

Ooops, I came into this thread a bit late. Bill, it just didn't happen. The scumbags who did this (the couple who looked like they fell out of a 70's movie or they were on there way to a halloween party) edited the tapes and Fox played them over and over again. The scumbags and Fox news have no scruples, and when it was discovered that the two had edited the tapes to make it look like something it wasn't, Fox didn't do a retraction. That must be why you don't know that the scumbags at Fox and the two douche-bags who filmed at Acorn and edited the tapes were lying. But now you do, unless your blind or just live in an alternate reality where correct information is simply filtered out. (You know. The Fox reality.)

So it's time to come clean. Admit you were wrong or you have zero credibility. Just say it. "I was wrong about Acorn and I stand corrected." How hard can it be to say those words? Phrase it any way you want to. But know this. Your integrity is on the line.

Um, fellow, the topic currently being discussed is how filthy uses his racist brush to paint with wide strokes and his sweeping generalizations that he creates of the tea party movement only to tear his self-created generalization down with the beat of his chest.

My only point with ACORN was how the actions of a few cannot be the only evidence one uses when claiming that an entire group, who number is in the millions, main rallying cry is racism. I could have just as easily used the NAACP, Rainbow Push, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers etc... etc....

I am not sure why everybody got so fixated on ACORN when they were not even the topic of discussion.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  04:49:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

Oh, and by the way? The link to the CNN article? From November 2008. Over a year and a half ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/21/obama.muslim.remark/index.html

Opps. That article came up in a goggle search and I never noticed the date. But that was not my point anyway. I would just like to know what point he is trying to make or what goal he is trying to accomplish by taking his racial rhetoric and accusations fight to al Qaeda now? He picks some strange fights I have to say. It's almost like he is completely and utterly driven by his ideology.

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/16/2010 05:06:02
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.