Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  05:03:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by tomk80

What did you expect Obama to do, ignore that those bombings happened?

Why don't he just condemn it as a cowardly act of violence against humanity as he always does? So when al Qaeda blows up Asian people, or Latino people, or Caucasian people etc... etc... this is not racism? It's only when al Qaeda blows up African people that this is now racism? This is just more of the racial rhetoric that he throws around like a bomb. The white Harvard cop who arrested the black professor who was breaking into his own house obama said he acted stupidly before obama admittedly even knew the details. He has leaved racial accusations at the tea party movement, the state of Arizona, he'll have to point those accusations at the 9-13 other states who are planning to follow Arizona's lead, he as now made racial charges against al Qaeda etc... etc... It's almost as if this guy is completely and utterly driven by his ideology. And right now his ideology says that the whole world is racist, except for him.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  05:04:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
Opps. That article came up in a goggle search and I never noticed the date. But that was not my point anyway. I would just like to know what point he is trying to make or what goal he is trying to accomplish by taking his racial rhetoric and accusations fight to al Qaeda now? He picks some strange fights I have to say.

Saying in Africa: "What you've seen in some of the statements that have been made by these terrorist organizations is that they do not regard African life as valuable in and of itself. They see it as a potential place where you can carry out ideological battles that kill innocents without regard to long-term consequences for their short-term tactical gains."

Yes, what possible goal could Obama have had with that?
It's almost like he is completely and utterly driven by his ideologue.

Bullshit.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  05:41:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why don't he just condemn it as a cowardly act of violence against humanity as he always does? So when al Qaeda blows up Asian people, or Latino people, or Caucasian people etc... etc... this is not racism? It's only when al Qaeda blows up African people that this is now racism?

But that is not what he said, now is it? As has already been pointed out by others.

This is just more of the racial rhetoric that he throws around like a bomb. The white Harvard cop who arrested the black professor who was breaking into his own house obama said he acted stupidly before obama admittedly even knew the details.

Sorry, Obama speaking hastily is not an indication of obsession with racism.

He has leaved racial accusations at the tea party movement,

Evidence? All I can find is statements by the NAACP and Michelle Obama condemning the racist elements in the tea party movement and statements calling on the non-racist elements in the tea party to counter these.

the state of Arizona, he'll have to point those accusations at the 9-13 other states who are planning to follow Arizona's lead,

Evidence? What I've seen is accusations that the Arizona legislation is in part unconstitutional, something I would agree with given the weasel wording in it (was it you or Ebone4rock that agreed with me on the vagueness of the definitions). And accusations that the state is trying to assume powers that are federal powers. I have not seen accusations of racism on this.
he as now made racial charges against al Qaeda etc... etc...

Those charges were not made by him. But from what I read in the article by Tapper, saying that Al Quaida has a racist element to it, seems to be a statement supported by the intelligence services. If it is true, why shouldn't he say it?
It's almost as if this guy is completely and utterly driven by his ideology. And right now his ideology says that the whole world is racist, except for him.

Bullshit. What seems to be the case is that you want to see someone who sees racism everywhere and attributes any and all actions and statements he makes to this, no matter how farfetched.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  05:55:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's more, I just read Michelle Obama's speech and it doesn't reference the tea party at all. It's entirely about concern on childhood obesity.

The NAACP condemned elements in the tea party, but the NAACP is, as far as I know, a private organization.

Tom

Edited by - tomk80 on 07/16/2010 05:58:20
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  06:13:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why can't we all just get along?

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  06:27:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

On a skeptics forum? Get real

Tom

Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  06:47:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Ebone4rock

On a skeptics forum? Get real

tomk80,
Seeing as you ae not originally from the U.S. I am open to the possibility that you may be unfamiliar with the cultural icon known as Rodney King.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

What I quoted is the often misquoted version of this
People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out.[21]

If you are familiar with him I am sorry for assuming that you may not be.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  06:58:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

Bill Scott:
The couple pulled this off at multiple ACORN offices. But as I said, just because some of the ACORN administration was acting very poorly, to say the least, I can not paint with such a wide stroke as to say all, or even most, ACORN supports support ACORN employees consulting folks on how to run a tax free teenage sex trade operation.

Ooops, I came into this thread a bit late. Bill, it just didn't happen. The scumbags who did this (the couple who looked like they fell out of a 70's movie or they were on there way to a halloween party) edited the tapes and Fox played them over and over again. The scumbags and Fox news have no scruples, and when it was discovered that the two had edited the tapes to make it look like something it wasn't, Fox didn't do a retraction. That must be why you don't know that the scumbags at Fox and the two douche-bags who filmed at Acorn and edited the tapes were lying. But now you do, unless your blind or just live in an alternate reality where correct information is simply filtered out. (You know. The Fox reality.)

So it's time to come clean. Admit you were wrong or you have zero credibility. Just say it. "I was wrong about Acorn and I stand corrected." How hard can it be to say those words? Phrase it any way you want to. But know this. Your integrity is on the line.

Um, fellow, the topic currently being discussed is how filthy uses his racist brush to paint with wide strokes and his sweeping generalizations that he creates of the tea party movement only to tear his self-created generalization down with the beat of his chest.

My only point with ACORN was how the actions of a few cannot be the only evidence one uses when claiming that an entire group, who number is in the millions, main rallying cry is racism. I could have just as easily used the NAACP, Rainbow Push, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers etc... etc....

I am not sure why everybody got so fixated on ACORN when they were not even the topic of discussion.

Because you used Acorn as an example to make your point. Bad example. This may seem like a trivial point to you, but It would be nice to see one freaking conservative admit that they blew it on Acorn because they heard what they wanted to hear.

Guess it ain't gonna happen. Figures.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  07:16:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I would just like to know what point he is trying to make or what goal he is trying to accomplish by taking his racial rhetoric and accusations fight to al Qaeda now?
You already claimed to know. Why back down now?
He picks some strange fights I have to say. It's almost like he is completely and utterly driven by his ideology.
Argument from ignorance.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  07:26:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My only point with ACORN was how the actions of a few cannot be the only evidence one uses when claiming that an entire group, who number is in the millions, main rallying cry is racism.
Then your point is nonsense to begin with: nobody is claiming that the Tea Parties' "main rallying cry is racism." You just created a strawman to slaughter. Hope that was fun for you.
I could have just as easily used the NAACP, Rainbow Push, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers etc... etc....
Yes, you could have, but you didn't.
I am not sure why everybody got so fixated on ACORN when they were not even the topic of discussion.
Because what happened to ACORN should have been criminal (and was unconstitutional), but you're treating it quite glibly.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  07:50:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But that is not what he said, now is it? As has already been pointed out by others.

Maybe my point would have better received /understood if I would used the term Obama administration rather then just Obama. The obama administration seems to find racial rhetoric to point out wherever they go. There that should cover it.

In an interview earlier today with the South African Broadcasting Corporation to air in a few hours, President Obama disparaged al Qaeda and affiliated groups' willingness to kill Africans in a manner that White House aides say was an argument that the terrorist groups are racist.

Maybe the administration has a case to make and maybe they don't. Heck I could argue that their willingness to kill Asians, Europeans and Americans makes them racist against those groups as well. So what point has the president made by singling out their willingness to kill Africans when they kill everyone? Everybody all ready hates al Qadea to no end anyway. The administrations obsessions to paint al Qaeda as racist towards blacks is pointless and a waste of time in light of the fact that I can make a strong case that they hate everyone.

Explaining the president's comment, an administration official said Mr. Obama "references the fact that both U.S. intelligence and past al Qaeda actions make clear that al Qaeda -- and the groups like al Shabaab that they inspire -- do not value African life. The actions of al Qaeda and the groups that it has inspired show a willingness to sacrifice innocent African life to reach their targets."

A normal person or administration who was not fixated on racial issues would have simply said they do not value human life or that they showed a willingness to sacrifice innocent human life to reach their targets because that is the truth. Why they get fixated on Africa when this has happened all over the world is beyond me.

This can be seen, the official said, in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, when hundreds of Africans were killed and thousands wounded.

Dude if I was obsessed and fixated on race as much as this administration is I could make a case for racism for every group of ethnicity that they have killed at one time or another, which is just about all of them. It's hard to make a case for racism against someone who hates everybody. I am sure al Qaeda hates black people. They also hate white people, brown people, red people etc... etc...

"Additionally, U.S. intelligence has indicated that al Qaeda leadership specifically targets and recruits black Africans to become suicide bombers because they believe that poor economic and social conditions make them more susceptible to recruitment than Arabs

But yet I read that al Qaeda in Iraq recruited young poor Iraqies for the same reasons. The reason they recruited young poor Africans was because they were in Africa.

Sorry, Obama speaking hastily is not an indication of obsession with racism.

While I would make the point that while not being spoon fed by his teleprompter and when speaking in haste obama's true colors show through.

Evidence? What I've seen is accusations that the Arizona legislation is in part unconstitutional, something I would agree with given the weasel wording in it (was it you or Ebone4rock that agreed with me on the vagueness of the definitions). And accusations that the state is trying to assume powers that are federal powers.

In a nutshell the state is basically trying to enforce laws that already exist that are supposed to be enforced by the feds but are not. Basically the state is saying to the feds that if you can't or you refuse to enforce the law then we will. 9-13 other states are lining up to follow Arizona's lead.

I have not seen accusations of racism on this.

They claim this will lead to racial profiling which is a form of racism.

Bullshit. What seems to be the case is that you want to see someone who sees racism everywhere and attributes any and all actions and statements he makes to this, no matter how farfetched.

Dude I have lined up all the ducks in a row for you and handed you the bb gun. If you can't hit the targets now don't blame me when you don't get the stuffed animal prize at the end.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/16/2010 07:58:31
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  08:02:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill, you should leave me out of this.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  08:24:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Sorry. I use Dude in slang all the time and that just comes through here as well.

Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  08:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Dude

Sorry. I use Dude in slang all the time and that just comes through here as well.

Me too. You don't know how hard it is for me to refrain from using it here.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  08:35:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Maybe my point would have better received /understood if I would used the term Obama administration rather then just Obama. The obama administration seems to find racial rhetoric to point out wherever they go. There that should cover it.
How many more examples do you have of the Obama Administration finding racial rhetoric to point out than these two al Qaeda examples almost two years apart?
In a nutshell the state is basically trying to enforce laws that already exist that are supposed to be enforced by the feds but are not. Basically the state is saying to the feds that if you can't or you refuse to enforce the law then we will.
"In a nutshell" and "Basically" are where your problems begin in these passages.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.