Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Moonscape News
 Igor, or The Curse of Wallenstein (Foreword)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  13:10:26  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do not call me Igor. I loathe that name. Also, do not ever dare to call me Ygor or Fritz.

My name is Doctor I. Friedrich Wallenstein. I am the greatest biological scientist ever to live. I am the Modern Hephaestus, or, even more apropos, the Scientific Jehovah.

As a young man, I was Doctor Viktor Frankenstein's overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated primary Research Assistant. In point of fact, mine were the sole brains behind the "great" man. I, Wallenstein, was the genius who discovered the physical scientific laws underlying what was at that time quaintly termed "vital force" or élan vital. Even more importantly, it was I, alone, who developed ways of using those laws. Frankenstein, he was merely an arrogant and bumbling, unimaginative, academic hack. I made certain he received his just deserts.

Not only my accomplishments, but even my very existence was ignored entirely by Mary Shelly, who wrote a scandalously false (though it was popular among the rabble) account of my great scientific breakthroughs at Wissenschaftswerke Von Frankenstein.

In her despicable novel, Frankenstein, all of Mrs. Shelly's defamations were disguised as fiction, doubtless to protect herself from lawsuits. But she was there at the laboratory on Lake Geneva, and with her own eyes she saw my work, my grand accomplishments. She knew me, and my primary importance, yet she ignored me in her damnable book, falsely elevating the supposed genius of Frankenstein. That makes her lies all the more worthy of condemnation. In my long, long, scientifically extended lifetime, the original falsehoods of Mary Shelly herself were presented to the world in further mutated form as frivolous "entertainment," in the ever-more distorted carnival mirrors of stage plays, and beginning more than a century later, motion pictures.

Mary Shelly thus began the Curse of Wallenstein, a curse that has continued now for more than one hundred and fifty years after my painful final acts of vengeance upon her. These lies are my curse, and the reason I am at last, briefly and with extreme caution, coming out of my self-imposed shadows to present the truth of my greatness to this world of ingrates.

[To be continued. Possibly.]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/28/2010 22:32:12

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  20:09:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eeeore.....

Put your eyeballs back in their sockets and go out and get some more(body) parts, you accursed little dwarf. Stop this blasphemous defamation of one of the greatest pieces of bullshit history ever written, derogation of the Karloffian school of high dramatic acting, criticism of the mighty Tesla himself, who made all those special effects possible, belittlement of one of the greatest literary misunderstandings in History - Frawnkunsteen, THE MONSTER! BEGONE, troll - !! .... or I will lift you to the lightning and let it transform you into the pitiful creature that that really lies beneath those robes - FELDMAN ---- the most abominable creature to ever stalk the silver screen !

(signed)

Gene
Edited by - bngbuck on 08/28/2010 20:18:17
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  22:09:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I may indeed post more of this story, as other ideas keep popping into my mind. If I do post more, they will be as separate posts, with reader commentary/corrections encouraged for each part. I think it's really way past time that that the real brain behind Frankenstein got his due credit,

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.