Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 If you could have an audience with the pope...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  13:25:05  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What might you ask/tell him? "Fuck off, skank!" is not a question nor is it cool to get tossed by papal security.
An audience with the Pope
If you were invited to address Benedict XVI during his UK visit, what would you say to him? Richard Dawkins, Philip Pullman, Claire Rayner, Ben Goldacre and many more take part in our Pope quiz. Illustrations by Ralph Steadman

I don't think I can do better than those who have already remarked much beyond, "Fuck off, skank."

I owe another one to PZ.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  14:30:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From William Oddie at CatholicHerald:
The present wave of hostility directed towards the Pope and the Church may be utterly unreasonable; but its basis is a rejection of everything we stand for: and it is a rejection from which our culture had never really withdrawn.

Does anyone know what the guy means by this?

Oddie continues:
The atheists’ utter loathing, all the same, is at times a little frightening in its sheer vicious irrationality.

He never says why the loathing is irrational. Why is that? Is he referring to his following statement:
Oh, and this has nothing whatever to do with child abuse; our enemies know that the evidence is that we are no worse than representative of society as a whole (shameful enough though that is)
?

If that is the case, then he has some serious heuristic problems. After all, other subsets of society don't necessarly claim to be morally superior to others. Other subsets of society don't tend to cover up child abuse. And other subsets of society certainly do NOT admire and love the people who create new hunting gounds for pedophiles.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  18:14:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I were offered a meeting with the pope.... I'd have to wonder what cataclysmic event brought me to the attention of his organization....

Then I'd decline, because I do not associate with known pedophiles or those who enable them, or those who have (intentionally) wasted an opportunity to limit the spread of HIV in African countries where they have extensive resources committed, and.... might be a long list.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  05:31:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would probably back in with my pants down. He'll kiss my 'ring' before I'll kiss his.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  05:35:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be all like " Hey dude, where can I find these whores that I hear your guys get to hook up with".

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  13:16:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

I would probably back in with my pants down.

That would probably make the old pudwhacker's day. You may want to have some lubricant handy.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  17:06:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

I'd be all like " Hey dude, where can I find these whores that I hear your guys get to hook up with".

Well, once you've been invited to an audience with the pope, it seems that there will be no problem having the staff ordering in entertainment for you. Regarless if it involves female prostitutes, male prostitutes (or even children, I guess) for your sexual preference...

If there really is such a creature as an intelligent female blonde, I'd like to taste her... and I would't even give a fuck what the Pope had to say.
But I would insist she'd score high on the nerd-factor, liking StarTrek and other such geeky stuff. If she would agree to dress up as Buffy Vampire Slayer, even better.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/10/2010 17:10:14
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  06:51:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahahahah!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  07:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Hahahahahahah!

For some more hilarity head over to LPCover Lover, especially their crazy-xians page.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  18:44:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a visit with the pope? What the f#ck for? What a revolting idea. I wouldn't attend. I might see if I could sell it, on a catholic Craig's list or some place. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  03:33:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know; ask him where the money went!
The head of the Vatican bank has formally been placed under investigation in an inquiry into a suspected violation of Italy's money-laundering laws, judicial sources said today.

At the same time, a judge in Rome ordered a freeze on €23m (£19.5m) held in an account opened by the Vatican bank, the Institute for the Works of Religion (IOR), at another financial institution in the Italian capital. It was thought to be the first time such action had been authorised against the IOR in Italy.

Since last September, the Bank of Italy has classified the Vatican bank as a non-EU institution whose dealings with other banks are thus subject to especially close scrutiny.

Then tell the skank to fuck off.....

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.