The skank finds a new home.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  14:55:44  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She's gonna be very comfortable there, I think, in amongst the foul, loud-mouthed poltroons that inhabit Sirus Radio.
Sirius Radio: The Refuge for Frothing Racist, Homophobic Right-Wingers Like Dr. Laura
Dr. Laura left broadcast radio after screaming the n-word at a black woman. She'll soon join a host of homophobic, sexist, racist right-wingers on Sirius.

December 4, 2010 |

Last August, after an illustrious, decades-long career calling women whores, screaming about couples who "shack up," and attacking gays, Dr. Laura Schlessinger had to quit her radio show after hurling the n-word, 11 times, at an African-American caller. On Larry King Live Schlessinger announced that she would not let her First Amendment right to million-dollar paychecks and thousands of listeners be trampled by critics calling her out as a racist.

But thanks to Sirius radio, the flailing satellite company where Howard Stern has plied his craft (grotesque sexism) for five years, Schlessinger's hiatus from the airwaves will last exactly three days; that's the gap of time between when her non-renewed contract with her broadcast station runs out and her new gig with Sirius -- announced this week -- begins. Obviously she couldn't be happier, gushing "I can't wait to preach, teach and nag about morals, values, ethics and principles ... My brain is buzzing with new ideas for my program's content, direction and expansion, including guest interviews with people who intrigue and inspire me. I couldn't be more giggly if you tickled me!"

Giggly. Right. That's a picture I could do without.

Evidently, she's taking up where she left off, somewhere between vocal rabies and secondary syphilis, and won't have to worry about offending or angering anyone. Indeed, that's what Siris Radio does best and such things are encouraged.

Happy landings, skank. You've earned every bit of the disgraceful situation you, as a last resort because not even FOX wants you, now find yourself in.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

skepticalover

12 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  00:50:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticalover's Homepage Send skepticalover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why does Sirius even offer people like that airtime?

Nail polish without all the carcinogens - http://www.metapolish.com
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  12:51:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by skepticalover

Because a lot of stupid people want to listen to them. Anything that gets ratings get play. That is the only thing considered.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  16:23:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Originally posted by skepticalover

Because a lot of stupid people want to listen to them. Anything that gets ratings get play. That is the only thing considered.

Yeah! that's true. Also, they like her are God fearing, homo/phobic/haters, on their way to heaven theists and they're so much more. By having a place to gather they can reinforce and validate their egocentric natures and reassure each other that anybody who doesn't see it the way they do are damned and going to hell, while there not. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.