Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  22:04:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JerryB

Did I ever tell you guys I am only 28 years old?
My guess was 16.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  03:38:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't get it: This excuses you from having to answer questions that arise from your so far unfounded assertions? Is that your point, kid?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  04:23:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah? Well, I won't believe it until I see your birth certificate. This is pertinent to the conversation, exactly how?

One of my favorite parts of the fossil record is the Permian. The synapsids appeared then, creatures that clearly showed the progression from reptile to mammal.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  06:21:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When I was 28, I thought I knew everything as well.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

JerryB
Skeptic Friend

279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  09:30:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JerryB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

I'm just ribbing you guys a bit. You gotta keep a sense of humor. Just because we disagree on some philosophies doesn't mean we have to dislike one another, right?

I was just noting that many of you have been on this forum for like 10 years so I checked your profile. I'm am old fart too and have been posting ever since there was an Internet.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  09:46:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm just ribbing you guys a bit. You gotta keep a sense of humor. Just because we disagree on some philosophies doesn't mean we have to dislike one another, right?

I was just noting that many of you have been on this forum for like 10 years so I checked your profile. I'm am old fart too and have been posting ever since there was an Internet.
Exactly how old a fart are you? And can we trust your reply?

Now, about them ol' fossils.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JerryB
Skeptic Friend

279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  11:19:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JerryB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Exactly how old a fart are you? And can we trust your reply?

Now, about them ol' fossils.....

I'll be 58 Wednesday. And check the thread I started. I just introduced the fossil debate.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  13:59:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That explains why your biology education seems to contemporary to Alexander Flemming. A lot has happened since then.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  14:37:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'll be 58 Wednesday.
It doesn't show.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  15:28:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But the matter you say is destroyed in nuclear reactions is simply converted to energy. It is not destroyed at all. It's kinda like a guy getting a sex change operation. He changes, but he still goes on, just as a different expression of himself......a woman...*wink*
No, matter is destroyed. What is your definition of matter? Energy and matter can be converted back and forth but they are not the same thing. Matter basically has mass and occupies space, energy does not fit this definition.

However, you are right the first law is technically known as the law of conservation of energy (when it is taught in schools)
Yeah, all those professors in universities are wrong but JerryB from the internet is correct?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

JerryB
Skeptic Friend

279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  16:51:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JerryB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

But the matter you say is destroyed in nuclear reactions is simply converted to energy. It is not destroyed at all. It's kinda like a guy getting a sex change operation. He changes, but he still goes on, just as a different expression of himself......a woman...*wink*
No, matter is destroyed. What is your definition of matter? Energy and matter can be converted back and forth but they are not the same thing. Matter basically has mass and occupies space, energy does not fit this definition.

However, you are right the first law is technically known as the law of conservation of energy (when it is taught in schools)
Yeah, all those professors in universities are wrong but JerryB from the internet is correct?

I just agreed with you that it is formally called the law of conservation of energy and you want to argue with that? What are you arguing now?

I use Einstein's formula as does everyone I am aware of--E=MC^2. This means that energy equals the mass of matter. Are you following me at all?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  17:16:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I use Einstein's formula as does everyone I am aware of--E=MC^2. This means that energy equals the mass of matter.
No, it means "is directly proportional to," not "equals," since there's a multipying constant.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

JerryB
Skeptic Friend

279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  17:45:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JerryB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I use Einstein's formula as does everyone I am aware of--E=MC^2. This means that energy equals the mass of matter.
No, it means "is directly proportional to," not "equals," since there's a multipying constant.

Yeah, go ahead an educate Einstein as you did Feynman and Schrodinger....Write a paper telling him the equals sign is incorrect and must be removed. I'm sure it will be published.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  18:17:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah, go ahead an educate Einstein as you did Feynman and Schrodinger....Write a paper telling him the equals sign is incorrect and must be removed. I'm sure it will be published.
Energy is directly proportional to mass. Energy is equal to mass multiplied by the square of the speed of light. Both of these statements are true, according to Einstein.

Your statement, "energy equals the mass of matter," is false, according to Einstein.

Once again, you are trying to deflect your own wrongness away by insinuating that what you've said came from some scientist. Einstein never said "energy equals the mass of matter" followed by a period. This particular piece of ignorance comes straight from you.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

JerryB
Skeptic Friend

279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  19:50:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JerryB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Energy is directly proportional to mass. Energy is equal to mass multiplied by the square of the speed of light. Both of these statements are true, according to Einstein."

Well thank you. Now if you could just come to understand the maths of Feynman and Schrodinger. No one reading in here will care a cow's lick about your pedantry......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.