Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 If atheists left america
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  08:26:14  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this youtube video on track?


>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  08:35:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may all be true, but it sounds overstated and needs citations. And the grammatically correct use of "its," not "it's."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

TG
Skeptic Friend

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  08:53:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grossly overstated. If the question is "What would happen if all the atheists left America?" and you flash a picture of Stephan Hawking, your argument immediately loses credibility.

Unless you're including tourists.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13462 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  12:29:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by TG

Grossly overstated. If the question is "What would happen if all the atheists left America?" and you flash a picture of Stephan Hawking, your argument immediately loses credibility.

Unless you're including tourists.
No shit about Stephan Hawking. I suppose this could have been done in a way that was far closer to the truth. All the video is is atheist propaganda, even if some of the facts are correct.

This kind of thing does us no favors.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26004 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  14:20:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original video includes citations in its description.

But I think I saw Dawkins in there, too, along with Hawking. Apparently, if the video creator left the U.S., our cluelessness quotient would drop.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  21:42:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kill said> "I suppose this could have been done in a way that was far closer to the truth. All the video is is atheist propaganda, even if some of the facts are correct. This kind of thing does us no favors."

I agree that it could have been done in a way far closer to the truth. Still I think it does raise a valid point. Does it not?

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

Azrael
New Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  11:56:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Azrael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by TG

Grossly overstated. If the question is "What would happen if all the atheists left America?" and you flash a picture of Stephan Hawking, your argument immediately loses credibility.

Unless you're including tourists.
No shit about Stephan Hawking. I suppose this could have been done in a way that was far closer to the truth. All the video is is atheist propaganda, even if some of the facts are correct.

This kind of thing does us no favors.


I would not let it bother me they are just wishing for a total Christian country which is not going to happen unless you deport all Jews and Muslims as well.....
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  15:03:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that it's the "extremist" of any flavor that desire a community or country their way, to the exclusion of ALL others. While the non-extremist are more acceopting of others. Different Christian sects only seem united when addressing non-Christians. Different sects can be very intolerant of others Christians not of their flavor.

As far as the video, I have some doubts as to the validity of all it's claims. The only "evidence" it gives seem to be the list of 9 highly theistic countries, if the numbers are real. With the total number of countries that exist giving "9", with the exclusion of all others, hardly proves their point. That's like 5%. So I tried to go further.
Strange, although there are 192 plus countries. When I tried to look up "Atheist by country", one result gave a list of 49 countries ranging from a high of 80% to a low of 6% atheist. While a search of "Theist by country" gave no results, other than try to redirect me to "Atheist by country", I gave up for time being. I was trying to get a full listing to scrutinize. I try again later. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000