Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2014 :  08:12:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AiG is claiming that Kentucky's refusal to move the tax-incentive application forward until Ark Encounter revises its hiring practices amounts to "requiring us to give up our religious freedom and our religious rights..." which is actually what Ken Ham wants the citizens of Kentucky to do by funding his business. See Non-Christians Need Not Apply for more.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2014 :  06:53:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quote: State tourism tax incentives cannot be used to fund religious indoctrination or otherwise be used to advance religion.

And now there's this:

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2014 :  10:11:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. And he's really pissed about it.

New Creationist Billboard Campaign Aimed at “Our Intolerant Liberal Friends”

I think it's hilarious that he's blaming liberals. $18 million in tax breaks comes from public funds, and there are rules that include not discriminating on the basis of religion in hiring practices. That very correct rule, which follows federal civil rights laws, were already there when he sought the help. Did he fail to read or understand what should be self evident when using public funds? So he lashes out at liberals?

Ham, like Hovind, thinks he's above the law.

I think his ark is sunk.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2014 :  13:06:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's so intolerant of other religions he doesn't want "them" working for him, so he calls the people who value diversity and fairness intolerant, because we won't tolerate his intolerance.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2014 :  22:20:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An exclusive delusion club. There's quite a few of those around.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2014 :  23:17:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed Brayton summed up AIG's position neatly:
Help, help, we’re being repressed! They’re persecuting us for doing what we lied and said we wouldn’t do!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2014 :  08:33:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few questions...:
This is the thing one wonders about Answers in Genesis and its strident efforts to bully Kentucky into giving public subsidies to its for-profit Noah's Ark theme park:

Why does God need so much taxpayer help?

Really, has God been so lame spreading the good news that AIG must "counter the myths floating around about the Bible-upholding Ark Encounter," on a digital video board in New York's Times Square?

Does God need to be defended with the demagogic language AIG and its founder Ken Ham use in the holy war against "intolerant liberal friends," "secularists," "Bible-scoffers," and, the most telling, "agitators outside the state?"

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2014 :  19:23:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PZ Myers has more on this ridiculousness:
They’ve been trying to game the system for years. It’s about time it caught up with them.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2014 :  09:40:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

PZ Myers has more on this ridiculousness:
They’ve been trying to game the system for years. It’s about time it caught up with them.

AIG's inability to understand why they lost the tax breaks blows my mind. They have a crazy sense of entitlement that the law doesn't allow. It's as simple as that. I hope they do sue because they will get their asses handed to them, again.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2014 :  18:31:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's Christian privilege in its most pure form to equate not getting their way completely and immediately with being persecuted by their ideological opposites.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  17:15:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoops!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  18:50:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Whoops!
I honestly don't think Ham gets it.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  19:21:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel for his lawyers.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  14:31:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why? Aren't they making money on Ham?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  12:29:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Why? Aren't they making money on Ham?
No matter what your field, some clients are so irritating you think a lot about giving them their money back. Ham's lawyers probably advised him, over and over again, to keep quiet. He couldn't. The lawyers are probably feeling really frustrated that their best counsel is being so blatantly ignored. It's possible that at some point, they get fed up and say, "this isn't worth any amount of money."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.