Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Social Issues
 So-called ‘pro-lifers’ at it again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  09:46:58  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This time it's Vox Day going after PZ Myers.

This is the naked face of atheism, ladies and gentlemen. Look on it well and remember it, because it usually doesn't dare to show its disgusting and anti-human nature so openly.


Well, I had to comment on that, see the comment for 1/22/11 10:24 AM
Vox said:
It's probably a good thing he is an atheist without any moral standards, otherwise he might demonstrate at least a modicum of conscience for the bloody acts in which he appears to take such pride.
Right, coming from one of those who worships the same god who, in the OT, repeatedly had pregnant women and babies killed...

Yep. It's us atheists who have no moral standards.

Here's a tip, Theodore: follow your own holy book's advice about taking the log out of your own eye before attending to the splinter in someone else's.


Gotta love that good ol' fashined xian moral absolutism!


Get a load of the idiot who comments right after me. Notice anything?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26001 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  11:17:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your comment seems to have gone missing, except for remnants quoted by others.

But "wrf3" at 1/22/11 11:27 AM gives the game away:
It's trivially easy. God determines the time when every single individual dies: babies, children, teens, adults.
So either God has determined that "babies" will die at the hands of abortion doctors, or humans have the ability to overpower God's Will.

Given the Commandment against murder, it must be the latter, and thus we can conclude that God isn't omnipotent.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  12:33:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I tried one long post, only to have it f**d up by "coo-coo comment" so I posted the following right after that in three small posts.  Totally kills the effect though, damnit!

Oh well.  

Vox:
Easily. God's game, God's rules. The Creator sets the moral standard, He does not abide by it.
If so, then how can one make any judgements as to god's "morality" one way or the other?  If he does something that we consider evil, that isn't allowed to count, but when he does something we consider good, that's used as evidence that he's "holy" (whatever the hell that means!) or "good".  

You can't have it both ways.  What you describe is a fundamentally hypocritical being who refuses to follow the rules he sets for others.

What moral standard does he follow then, and how could you tell that he does?

Not being the Creator or the referee, you have no more standing to criticize who is or is not killed than a cornerback has to decide whether a flag is thrown for pass interference or not.
Well, one thing:  In sports one can see the action that one is arguing about whether it took place or not.  While we're talking about (supposed) physical actions, we're arguing about the morality of them.  

Analogy fail.


You'll notice that NFL coaches often stand on the field during a play, and yet no flags are ever thrown for 12 men on the field.
Usually those coaches aren't killing people though, unlike your god.  Get a better analogy.

Do you understand why there is no contradiction or hypocrisy there?
No, because there is.  It's a plain double-standard.

This isn't rocket science;...
No, it's religious apologetic gerrymandering, which is more twisted by far than any branch or application of the physical sciences.

...even an atheist should be able to grasp the analogy. And it is both ironic and ignorant for you to accuse a religious individual of being self-righteous; it is the atheist who actually claims to be self-righteous.
Wrong.  We just don't advocate mass genocide like your god does, and then run around pretending to be "pro-life".

If protesting genocide makes one self-righteous in your eyes, so be it.  Given your "moral" stances, especially on certain women's issues (later below) your opinion of me means less to me than used toilet paper.  Though like a certain poster here from another forum, it is fun to come in here every once in a while...

The Christian theological position is that no one is self-righteous, in fact, no one is even capable of being self-righteous, since they can only justified through Jesus Christ.
Actually, the Christian position is that no one is righteous, not "no one is self-righeous".  Self-righteous just describes an attitude.


By the way, what do you think Christ's opinions on rape would be, Theo?

Remember?
(http://voxday.blogspot.com/2009/08/there-is-no-marital-rape.html)
(http://voxday.blogspot.com/2005/11/rape-myth.html)

I somehow doubt that your friend PZ Myers would share your views on rape, so I guess that means that he's less "moral" than you?


So go ahead; demonize Myers and athiests in general for being "pro-choice" (even though not all of us are), and in your minds committing the murders of babies which your own god repeatedly does, and keep calling yourselves "moral".  That voxytoad, is true self-righteousness.


If what you say here (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2010/09/amoral-essence-of-atheism.html), where if there is no God then there are no Rules, I have news for you:  It's xians like you who have no morals, not us.  Societies devise rules, gods or no gods.



Did your father's insanity get passed on to you or something?
(http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2008/04/vox_days_crazy_dad_threatens_j.php)

I'd feel sorry for you, being raised by that nutcase, but you're just as much of, if not worse, of a jackass then he ever was.  

Too bad you have an ego that's too big for your head.  All that talk about how smart you are, yet you have trouble designing a simple computer mouse?  Christ would be proud of your modesty, I'm sure!



To Spacebunny
Let's see:  Myers is cowardly is he?  He publishes a blog under his real name, with a picture and contact details.

What's your name, picture, and contact information, hmmm?  Remember:  You called him a coward.  Put your money where your mouth is, honey.

He also, despite your husband's prediction, publically desecrated a Koran, a cracker, and a copy of one of Dawkin's books. (http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/07/the_great_desecration.php)

Vox's "prediction":  (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=69524)

But the ecumenicality of Myers's willingness to commit sacrilege entirely beside the point, as what actually demonstrates the cowardly nature of this self-aggrandizing atheist is the fact that there is no chance that he will follow through on his anti-cracker threats now that it is clear there may be material consequences, however minor, to his actions

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 01/23/2011 12:36:05
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1342 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  16:34:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I find truly disgusting about the anti-abortion crowd is that they are also against the very things that are proven to lessen the need for abortion. Things like condoms, birth control pills, and proper sex education. They are are indirectly responsible for many unwanted pregnancies.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  12:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like "Spacebunny" has decided to give Vox a helping hand in dealing with me; I'm fighting with her now.

My replies to her: 1/24/11 1:36 PM
By the way, you silly little bint: I was on topic: I was talking about abortion, and pointed out how hypocritical you religious pro-lifers are, to condemn PZ Myers for being pro-choice, while worshipping a god who ordered the killings of pregnant women and children in the OT.


1/24/11 1:48 PM
I noticed that you left Vox's insult towards me stand, but edited out my reply.

I was only speculating on why your husband is the way he is. By the way, an ad-hom is when you attack the person instead of the argument.

I only insulted him after I made my case. (Assuming of course, you didn't get your little paws on those posts of mine either.)

It's not an ad-hom then, it's just an insult.

You know, like your hubby does to atheists constantly here?

Oh well. I'll just repeat what I've said earlier:

Vox Day's father is then not insane, he's just a criminal who says that god wants him to get rid of the judge:
(http://www.startribune.com/local/17984759.html?page=1&c=y)

My father on the other hand, obeys the law and takes responsibility for his own actions.

So yeah, your husband's got me beat there. My father is nothing like his.

Toodles.



To those who are interested, my reply to TobyTemple who defends that moral double-standard of killing, etc. is at 1/24/11 1:32 PM
TobyTemple
There is your error. I hope you learned from that. After all, you made that statement.

You said that God set the rules for others. Then why are you demanding that He follow the rules that are FOR OTHERS and not for Him? Are you really that stupid?

Again, as repeated here so many times, God's Game. God's Rules.
The problem of your question "how can one make any judgments as to god's morality one way or the other?" is that it stems from a fundamental error on your thinking. Before you ask such stupid question ask this first: WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT ANY GOD IS SUBJECT TO YOUR MORAL STANDARDS?


Your own holy book. It goes on and on about how "holy" and "righteous" your god is. So if the book makes the claim, then the book should be able to back up the claim.

Your argument would ring true only if the bible had never made any claims (positive or negative) about the moral character of your god. Even worse. your bible even says that we have to live up to your god's standards.

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Doesn't the sound like the standards that he sets for us are actually the same standards the he himself has? Otherwise, if god is not supposed to follow the rules he sets for us, that verse or the ones around it, make no sense.

You never answered Toby: How can humanity judge this "god" to be evil OR good if he is not required to follow the rules he sets for us?

How can we tell if he's "holy" or "righteous" or not then? Where in the bible then is the standards for god's behaviour written out? I know that he's not supposed to be able to lie, but even a cursory reading of the "holy book" shows that's bunk.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 01/24/2011 13:01:04
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  21:05:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

What I find truly disgusting about the anti-abortion crowd is that they are also against the very things that are proven to lessen the need for abortion. Things like condoms, birth control pills, and proper sex education. They are are indirectly responsible for many unwanted pregnancies.
Do you have any blame for the people that actually created the "unwanted" baby?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26001 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  21:42:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Do you have any blame for the people that actually created the "unwanted" baby?
Equating a pregnancy with a baby is a category mistake.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  00:06:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Robb

Do you have any blame for the people that actually created the "unwanted" baby?
Equating a pregnancy with a baby is a category mistake.
Ok, unwanted mass of tissue.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26001 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  05:40:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Ok, unwanted mass of tissue.
In that case, the "blame" is along the same lines as what one would think of someone who visits tropical Africa without taking proper precautions and winds up contracting malaria: "sucks to be you." It's not a moral issue where "blame" is particularly important. Sure, it's Joe's fault that he has malaria, he was dumb for not taking his meds correctly, but beyond that, who cares?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  08:12:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Robb

Do you have any blame for the people that actually created the "unwanted" baby?
Equating a pregnancy with a baby is a category mistake.
Ok, unwanted mass of tissue.


Eliminate the puritanical idiocy that tells you things like actual sex education, condoms, birth control (and so on) are wrong, and you will decrease unplanned pregnancy Robb. The evidence is in and the religious side of this argument has lost. Does abstinence work to prevent pregnancy? Sure. In the same way that driving the speed limit prevents speeding tickets. No one is really going to be abstinent nor always drive the speed limit. No one. The religious delusion that lets people think teenagers have enough self control to govern their hormones is the actual problem Robb, not teenagers and others having sex. Teach kids proper methods to protect themselves and you eliminate a lot of the problem though.


Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1342 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  18:16:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Originally posted by The Rat

What I find truly disgusting about the anti-abortion crowd is that they are also against the very things that are proven to lessen the need for abortion. Things like condoms, birth control pills, and proper sex education. They are are indirectly responsible for many unwanted pregnancies.
Do you have any blame for the people that actually created the "unwanted" baby?


I do if it's willful ignorance. But why aid and abet the problem by trying to ban the very things that would alleviate the situation?

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  18:56:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put in my 2 cents on the Vox Day website, not that it will do much good. I keep wondering why "pro-lifers" aren't more concerned about infant mortality and having protests about infant mortality. I figure some of these people are more concerned about suppressing women's rights than about "human life."

He also had the gall to say abortion was safer before Roe v Wade. Somebody is telling an outright lie.

It is important to know how these people think, but I don't think I can read comments on the website again.

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  19:39:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tell me about it; I don't know if I can force myself to go back there again; it's unbelievable. And yet they call atheists "depraved". Point out to them how their own god acts, and they call you stupid, and say "as we point out again and again here, God's Game, God's Rules". My reply to TobyTemple above tries to deal with that.

Is it still on their site?

There is no moral consistency in fundiesm.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000