Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  12:01:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Sigh...

What a joy it must be to debate with a person who is clearly mentally ill. Nice going. This lunatic craves the attention that he is getting right now. So give the spammer what he wants why don't you.

Have fun children.

That was needlessly insulting and patronizing, Kil, and unlike you. (I'm not angry. I think you likely will reconsider the above.) I don't care what Dennis wants. I support every effort by the Admins and Mods of this site not to let DM disrupt the site, but frankly, how he reacts to rational people is irrelevant. Being he's so irrational, we should not even care. Other than instantly deleing everything he posts, I don't think anything we write here if going to make much impression one way or the other on this monomaniac. Ignoring DM enrages him. Acknowledgment enrages him.

I had, IMO, a valid point to make about Nostradamus' courage in helping plague victims, vs. DM mere trollishness. Do you, Kil, feel that we should self-censor concerning just him, simply because he's crazy? If you do, I respectfully disagree.
Originally posted by leoofno

Really, Half. Why did you feel the need to rattle this guy's cage? He obviously has problems. What purpose does this serve?
As above, I seriously felt that Nostradamus' aid to plague victims was worth contrasting to DM behavior. Maybe Kil and you are right. Also, I don't make the rules here. And maybe I'm just really pissed at DM. If The Admins decide to ask or demand that I not do the same sort of thing again, I will comply. But for now I disagree.

I think it should be discussed.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  13:14:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I think it should be discussed.

Discuss that Nostradamus did something nice once in his life and DM has not? I guess I'll have to take a "wait and see" attitude since DM is still alive and could yet redeem himself.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Edited by - leoofno on 02/10/2011 13:17:03
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  13:19:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Sigh...

What a joy it must be to debate with a person who is clearly mentally ill. Nice going. This lunatic craves the attention that he is getting right now. So give the spammer what he wants why don't you.

Have fun children.

But Kil, this is the first time in ages he's been responsive, communicative, even if what he's typing is drek.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  13:22:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by empmabu7

dr. mabuse (the fake one) - we're talking about the atheist skeptic movement, not these individual idiots....

Now that we are actually communicating with each other...

Can you please acknowledge that you understand the meaning of this message:
Please leave, and do not register a new account here on Skeptic Friends Network. EVER!
We don't want you here.
We don't want you to use our servers for the spreading of your delusions.

Begone, never to return.

Good Riddance!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  14:02:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have already told you Mooner that I don't think bringing more attention to Dennis is a good thing. He is not welcome on this forum. He was banned years ago. And I don't see the point in egging on a mentally ill person. And Mab. If given the chance to, Dennis will respond. But his responses are nonsensical. So what's the point?

I knew the moment I saw these two threads that an invite was being made. I told you my concern Mooner and your response to my concern is that DM will post here anyway so what difference does it make? So we should send out invitations to banned members because our rules don't count if someone like DM is going to break them anyhow? Where is the logic in that? Who the fuck is calling the shots here? Dennis?

Our long standing policy is to not allow people we have permanently banned to post here. So when a moderator practically invites a banned member to do just that, you're darned right, I'm going to say something. All policy except no policy at all involves some self censorship. Otherwise it's anything goes. We lead by example. And it's not as though we are heavy handed in our moderation.

The last time I let one of DM's post stand, I made it clear at that time that it was only because members had responded to it before we (administrators) got to it. But with an OP directed at him, I'm stuck. I can't do shit with this. But I can express my dismay. And that I have done and am doing it again right now.

I would have preferred taking this up in private, Mooner. But if you want this discussion, you've got it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  16:01:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by empmabu7

halfmooner - u r a little idiot who knows NOTHING ABOUT THE REAL WORLD....
Hahahaha! That was worth it just to read this. Thanks Mooner!

I'll edit this to add that I get Kil's point. But after removing this guy's posts almost daily (like the graffiti some teen-age thug spray would paint on a storefront night after night) it was nice to see some sort of public quit it! post, along with his crazed reply.

I have no idea who this guy is, and if he's ill or just jerking our chain. But I did enjoy the laugh.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 02/10/2011 16:06:54
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  18:27:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Nostradamus -- remember Nostradamus; half of this thread is adout Nostradamus -- he ended his life in virtual exile due to the Church being on his case for his astrology readings and his "predictions." He'd been in trouble with them off and on for years and when he lost the protection of the Court, he was forced to flee; only the Church gets to do that supernatural shit.

In his forced retirement, he made a decent living casting horoscopes for the wealthy.

That's a lot more interesting than the nonsensical ravings of some foolish, little troll, is it not?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  18:44:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I have already told you Mooner that I don't think bringing more attention to Dennis is a good thing. He is not welcome on this forum. He was banned years ago. And I don't see the point in egging on a mentally ill person. And Mab. If given the chance to, Dennis will respond. But his responses are nonsensical. So what's the point?

I knew the moment I saw these two threads that an invite was being made. I told you my concern Mooner and your response to my concern is that DM will post here anyway so what difference does it make? So we should send out invitations to banned members because our rules don't count if someone like DM is going to break them anyhow? Where is the logic in that? Who the fuck is calling the shots here? Dennis?

Our long standing policy is to not allow people we have permanently banned to post here. So when a moderator practically invites a banned member to do just that, you're darned right, I'm going to say something. All policy except no policy at all involves some self censorship. Otherwise it's anything goes. We lead by example. And it's not as though we are heavy handed in our moderation.

The last time I let one of DM's post stand, I made it clear at that time that it was only because members had responded to it before we (administrators) got to it. But with an OP directed at him, I'm stuck. I can't do shit with this. But I can express my dismay. And that I have done and am doing it again right now.

I would have preferred taking this up in private, Mooner. But if you want this discussion, you've got it.
In the OP, I did not invite DM's response. What I did was to make a rather mild public suggestion to him that he might consider trying to do some good in this world. In no way do I wish to challenge the policy that for good cause has for years banned DM in these fora.

I'm not trying to instigate some kind of childish rebellion. One of my reasons for posting the OP outside "Moonscape News" (the only forum for which I have Mod powers, along with yourself and Dave W.), was to imply that what I was posting had no official status. Here in "General Discussion," you and Dave are the Mods, and can directly delete any post or reply as you wish.

I honestly did not see my post as a violation of site policy.

Still, with the brilliant clarity of hindsight, I see my post has caused a very small but unexpected appearance of administrative disarray. I should have privately consulted with you Admins and the other Mods before I posted my "mild suggestion."

I apologize.

Please bear in mind what someone wiser than I once explained: One's worst censor is oneself. And sometimes (though not this time) it may be better to beg pardon that to beg permission.

Go to Top of Page

judgemabu
Dennis Markuze

3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  10:50:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send judgemabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote

my challenge for sh*t for brains randi

JUDGMENT DAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMukj31qw1U

http://www.youtube.com/user/xviolatex
Go to Top of Page

judgemabu
Dennis Markuze

3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  10:53:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send judgemabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and Kil... You little fuckers are going to learn SHUT YOUR TRAPS, especially concerning things of a PROPHETIC NATURE....
Go to Top of Page

judgemabu
Dennis Markuze

3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:57:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send judgemabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssFaIhJkLsk&feature=player_embedded

BIG TIME, fuckers....
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  14:04:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I appreciate the frustration of not being able to sensibly communicate with certain people, but you can't talk someone out of a mental illness. This man needs medical help. Until he receives it, I believe a policy of non-engagement is the best course.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  17:28:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Yeah, I appreciate the frustration of not being able to sensibly communicate with certain people, but you can't talk someone out of a mental illness. This man needs medical help. Until he receives it, I believe a policy of non-engagement is the best course.
And his three post just above yours seem to show you are right.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  17:54:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All prophecy is crap. Even the accurate predictions are crap because they can be explained well enough by mere chance. Nosty's predictions are crap in gibberish, attracting the yet more gullible among the world's less-than-balanced. From the ravings of St. John the Revelator through Nostradamus, and on through the spewing gaggle of often larcenous dingbats extant; all crap. Pat Robertson comes to mind.....

It's kind 'a like the weather forecasts. Way back when, they could only call it out to a few days. Well, science has aided the weather girls on the boob -- heh -- toob greatly over the years; now they can easily and accurately predict clear out to, well, a few days. When compared to the prophets of the past, that ain't too shabby a track record, although they aren't 100%, either. Even so, they are a lot more accurate than the various "seers" of the past.

Once upon a time, prophecies were made through casting various forms of dice, stirring up the innards of dead animals, reading the stars, muttering at crystals and supplicating the Vestigial Virgins. None of it worked beyond chance, although it usually rewarded the prophet with some of whatever passed for the coin of the realm at the time. And sometimes got them violently dead, thereby improving the overall quality of the community concerned.

So prophecies are crap and prophets are full of that all-too-common substance. And today, they rake in the geddus as never before. But y'know what; I miss Miss Cleo. She had style, if nothing else.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  21:23:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the guy needs medical attention. I keep waiting to read a news item where he has actually attacked some atheist or skeptic. Probably best not to rattle his cage.

Not that I think you were doing that halfmooner, but it is impossible to predict how he will react. There is less possibility of talking to this guy than any of the other old trolls (some banned and some not).

filthy- what was the name of that one a few years back, before jerome, who'd fly in for a couple hit&run posts and then vanish for months...? can't remember, right on the tip of my brain though...real woman hater, jesus freak, etc.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.