Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  23:17:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mabuse.....

Wouldn't that have been much more clever?
Well, it would have been obedient, and it probably would have worked, but I don't think that LP is interested in "membership with full privileges" or conforming to command. If he was, he would not have practically begged to be suspended or banned. Or posted again a few days in advance of the ultimatum date dictated to him. Or made his sockpuppet attempt as obvious as it was, particularly the IP address.
His actions are those of defiance, not compliance.

My guess is that he is more interested, at this point in time, in irritating most of the people here than he is in conveying information. He could easily have stayed away from this particular thread; and his participation in other Internet discussion groups certainly displays his interest in other subjects than alien visitation.

For that matter, why was his post as Doctor Gâchet not deleted - at least the second one (in this thread) - where it became more evident that it really was LP posting?

Currently, his behavior appears to me to be pretty close to that of what is commonly called an internet troll. My view of much of the "troll" preoccupation in forums such as these is probably different than yours and many others, as I don't see all so-called "troll" behavior as necessarily non-productive and damaging to the missions and purposes of the forums into which the "troll" is intruding.

However, when a poster seems to be primarily interested in the delivery and provocation of personal insult and attack language not related to the subject matter, it seems appropriate to call "troll", in the pejorative sense. I must say that a lot of this thread looks like that. I certainly have contributed some to that appearance, and so have many others. Including Le Penseur.

Several here have seen LP as primarily a manipulator. Based on what he has written elsewhere, that is not my opinion. I think he has a short temper, enjoys getting agitated, and goes looking for confrontation. Otherwise, he would have responded to my many pleas for communication. However, I still have no idea if the abduction story is "reality" to him or results from a need to write fiction. Over the past five years I have found other, similar narratives of highly unusual experiences which are difficult to define as either perceived fact or as intended fiction. I would like to hear more of his.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.