New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  15:00:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Alexander1304

More deep question arises even: if the properties of the shadow matter are very different(according to the quote above) from that of ordinary matter,then how such Shadow Matter could form structire similar to human brain?(the main point of Wassermann's theory)
Psychic "abilities" effect the human brain. No matter how different the properties of "shadow matter" are from normal matter, if the former only affects the latter through gravity, then there's no reason to think it has any significant effects at all. A "shadow brain" of similar mass to an actual brain will have 0.000000000000000000000004 times less of an effect on a human brain as the whole planet Earth does, which isn't much to begin with.

And if "shadow matter" interacts only through gravity - how can "shadow body" leave the ordinary body?After all some energy is needed to brak the gravitation bound of two...
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  16:28:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again: It is not possible to speak intelligently about things (as if they actually exist) that can't be shown to actually exist.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  16:38:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Alexander1304

And if "shadow matter" interacts only through gravity - how can "shadow body" leave the ordinary body?After all some energy is needed to brak the gravitation bound of two...
Gravity is extremely weak on small scales. Two people's centers of gravity (CG) would need to be less than 21 micrometers apart before the force they felt from each other would be stronger than the force of Earth's gravity. But on such small scales, we can't consider bodies to be point masses at their CGs, because things like moving one's arm could change one's CG by much more than 21 micrometers.

Besides, such a "shadow body" would be easily detectable with a bathroom scale. A person whose "normal" body masses 70 kg would weigh 140 kg if the "shadow body" were of equal mass. If the "shadow body" tends to only mass the proverbial 21 grams, then the force of its gravity would be much less, still (by a factor of 3,333.33 or so).

So if we assume the "shadow body" must be very light, indeed, then turning left as one walks would be enough to dislodge it.

Or, one could just hug a fat person.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  20:28:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big Papa Smurf......

We try not to think about it.

Edit: What I mean is, through practice we have developed multiple layers of BS filters, the idea from your description wouldn't even make it past the most porous of filters. BNG might be interested however.
Yes. I am very interested in Alexander's posts. I am even more interested in your initial comment above and the subsequent afterthought edit.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on either as I am not currently posting on SFN
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  20:59:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

You could have fooled me...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  21:27:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

And remember, he left because his conscience wouldn't let him continue posting here! It was all so dramatic and...brief. I've see hunger strikes last longer.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  14:05:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pip and Squeak......

Pip
Squeak
And remember, he left because his conscience wouldn't let him continue posting here! It was all so dramatic and...brief. I've see hunger strikes last longer
I might suggest that both of you youngsters re-read my sabbatical notice. The word was posting, not brief comment or observation. Those are my definitions and I really don't care what yours are.

Edited by - bngbuck on 04/01/2011 14:16:04
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  20:07:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The word was posting, not brief comment or observation.
Before this "brief comment:" bngbuck: 2208 Posts

After this "brief comment:" bngbuck: 2209 Posts

Sure looks like the website counter considered it a post.

Those are my definitions and I really don't care what yours are.
Oh, of course not, Humpty Dumpty. Words mean whatever you want them to. Heck, I bet you could offer advice, insights, screeds, declarations, poems, rants, statements, clarifications, or even novellas without ever violating your special definition of "post." The important thing is that you continue to take such a principled stand for your personal "ethics." It's awe inspiring. Really.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/01/2011 20:09:56
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  14:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might suggest that both of you youngsters re-read my sabbatical notice. The word was posting, not brief comment or observation. Those are my definitions and I really don't care what yours are.

LMFAO!

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 04/02/2011 14:33:03
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  17:37:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frick and Frack....

Frick....

It's awe inspiring. Really.
Awe-inspiring? Really! A bit overstated, but thanks, anyway!
Frack....

LMFAO!
DILLIGAS?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  18:20:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Awe-inspiring? Really! A bit overstated, but thanks, anyway!
Well, you do seem to have a remarkable ability to ruin threads through your mere presence. Whether intentional or not, you've become a magnet for hostility. While the people you've been sniping with over the past months might been seen as assholes in general, it seems to me that they reserve their most acidic vitriol for you. Myself included.

Of course, if you don't GAS, then I guess I shouldn't, either.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  19:35:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave....

Thanks for your candor. Please define the word "ruin" as it applies to a thread in SFN and I will attempt to lessen my influence. Is "ruin" unilateral or multilateral?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  20:34:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for your candor. Please define the word "ruin" as it applies to a thread in SFN...
The last two threads you've posted to are now about your personality problems, and not about the subjects Alexander1304 brought up. But in one, you decided to play silly semantic games, and in the other you came in with an obviously hostile question.
...and I will attempt to lessen my influence.
Actually not posting could have done that.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  23:34:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave....

Actually not posting could have done that.
Ask what you desire and it may be granted. Please would be nice!.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  02:57:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck in another thread:

This Too shall Change (and I can only hope for the better)
It doesn't look like it changed. Please.

Edited: spelling. //Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 04/03/2011 12:55:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.