Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  03:05:32  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don’t need a birth certificate to run for president in Arizona. All you need is a pecker check and if Mr. Happy has been whittled down, as far as AZ’s concerned, you’re fully qualified to make an ass of yourself on the national stage.

Well, ok, it ain’t really that easy. You’ve gotta have a certificate that shows the trimming was an official one, but still……..
If you intend to run for president in Arizona but don't have the required birth certificate, all is not lost. The state may be willing to accept a description of your penis -- if you've got one -- as proof you were born in the U.S.

Before passing their so-called "birther" bill Wednesday, Arizona Republicans apparently decided it wasn't fair to limit proof of citizenship to the "long form birth certificate." So, they amended the measure to include several other forms of proof.

Well, why the hell not? Here in NC, if you have a big, rusty, old family Bible, you have credentials. I’m not sure if it even has to be your own family to get by.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  07:11:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh good. I can be president!!! Unfortunately for me, proof of circumcision may qualify me to be disqualified in the realm of public opinion. We have a black man now and we will have a female president before we elect someone of jewish decent, if ever. Might as well be an atheist!!!

Arizona is special.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  07:20:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow

1. That's just bizarre legislation
2. Can't people get a copy of their birth certificate from whichever government agency keeps these copies
3. What about women candidates?
4. Are there AZ legislators who secretly want to see penises?

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  08:33:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by alienist

Wow

1. That's just bizarre legislation
2. Can't people get a copy of their birth certificate from whichever government agency keeps these copies
3. What about women candidates?
4. Are there AZ legislators who secretly want to see penises?
Maybe female candidates can bring attachments if they're not too long.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  09:51:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That could cause too much envy

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  11:14:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you intend to run for president in Arizona but don't have the required birth certificate, all is not lost. The state may be willing to accept a description of your penis -- if you've got one -- as proof you were born in the U.S.

Does that mean that only transgendered, ex-women can become president, but not natural born women?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  12:37:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Crooks and Liars: http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/truth-stranger-fiction-az-birther-law

This is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum...Do I really need to be the one to tell them that Muslims [sic] males get circumcised too? Oy. I guess we need to root out all those stealthy Scandinavians planning to run for president.

[redfaced] Oh....uh....sorry, Doc....[/redfaced]

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  12:48:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there’s such a thing as female circumcision, a particularly horrid mutilating of female genetalia practiced in Africa and some places in the middle east. And perhaps elsewhere, I dunno. It’s the sort of thing Republicans adore and would happily do here if they could. The Arizona nitwits state government needs to take this into consideration as well, lest they be accused of discrimination.

Oh, wait…..

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  11:30:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not all types of female circumcision are as barbarous as the media have led us to believe. Yes some African practices completely remove the clitoris. This is what people immediately think of when they hear "female circumcision", other methods from the Islamic world cut part of the clitoral hood, it is more similar to male circumcision and is supposedly done for hygiene reasons.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  12:19:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

other methods from the Islamic world cut part of the clitoral hood, it is more similar to male circumcision and is supposedly done for hygiene reasons.
It's still f*ing barbaric.

supposedly done for hygiene reasons
Supposedly being the operative word here.
Men and women walked the earth for millions of years without being circumcized.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  12:26:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still f*ing barbaric.

I never said it wasn't. I'm not sure the reason for your outburst.

Supposedly being the operative word here.

The sentence was fine to begin with, sans emphasis.

Totally irrelevant.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  12:45:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Totally irrelevant.
Not totally: it says that lack of circumcision doesn't lead to an early death due to disease.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  12:59:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Define "Early death", because if you mean "too early to procreate", then I think it is indeed irrelevant to point out our basic human design is not incompatible to reproduction since we are indeed here.

Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  16:22:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any part of female circumcision is never okay. Male circumcision does decrease the risk of acquiring STD's, including HIV. However, it is still better to use a condom. So far, no studies have shown there is a change in sensation with male circumcision as opposed to female circumcision.

In any case, the Abrahamic religions are very patriachal and not kind to women. (that doesn't mean all people who are religious aren't kind to women, but these don't strictly follow the religion)

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  07:13:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Define "Early death", because if you mean "too early to procreate", then I think it is indeed irrelevant to point out our basic human design is not incompatible to reproduction since we are indeed here.
To any given, mostly sane individual,any death is "too early." The death of some other individual might be too early or damned well not soon enough.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  09:01:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes but pedantry aside, going back to what Dr Mabuse said, describing circumcision as "barbaric" seems a little over the top to me. If you throw around words like "Barbaric" for circumcision or "disgusting" for TV interviewers, you really come off as hysterical and over-sensitive. If unnecessary but mostly harmless minor surgeries are barbaric, then what is chopping off someone's penis in malice? Really barbaric? If interviewing a disaster victim is disgusting, then what is urinating into the face of a disaster victim?

I would never expect to be taken seriously if I exaggerated to this extent. Is there some kind of POE analogue but for liberals? Because that's what you guys sound like sometimes. Good job you have me around to be the voice of calmness and reason.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 04/18/2011 09:07:49
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.