Creation/Evolution
 Hitler and evolution...a supplement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  19:10:29  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm posting this here more for my future reference than for anything else. I want to post this on Ray Comfort's blog but that jackass won't let it pass, and the current non-archived version of the post where I had all this stored doesn't have any comments shown anymore.

-------------------------------
Looks like it's time for me to repost something I posted in the "Expelled Review" post, more or less:

Just look at how much Hitler played up the the christians of his day. In contrast, look at how many times did Hitler say that he admired Darwin? How many times did Hitler mention Darwain in his writings? I've read Mein Kampf, and I can tell you. None.

This is maybe an indicator of how much Hitler liked Darwin
In 1935, Die Bücherei, the official Nazi journal for lending libraries listed books to reject:

Writings of a philosophical and social nature whose content deals with the false scientific enlightenment of primitive Darwinism and Monism (Häckel). (Die Bücherei 1935, 279)

They made an undated "Blacklist for Public Libraries and Commercial Lending Libraries" includes the following on a list of literature which "absolutely must be removed":
c) All writings that ridicule, belittle or besmirch the Christian religion and its institution, faith in God, or other things that are holy to the healthy sentiments of the Volk. (Blacklist n.d.)

from the "Index to Creationist Claims" is where I first found this. Check out his source.

Guess who Hitler did say he admired in his book? Martin Luther. The guy who wrote On the Jews and Their Lies... He's one of your guys, isn't he?

Here's another guy who admired your Martin Luther...
Julius Streicher (one of Hitler's top henchmen and publisher of the anti-Semitic Der Sturmer) was asked during the Nuremberg trials if there were any other publications in Germany which treated the Jewish question in an anti-Semitic way., Streicher said:
"Dr. Martin Luther would very probably sit in my place in the defendants' dock today, if this book had been taken into consideration by the Prosecution. In the book 'The Jews and Their Lies,' Dr. Martin Luther writes that the Jews are a serpent's brood and one should burn down their synagogues and destroy them..."

Trial of The Major War Criminals Before the International Military Tribunal, Nuremberg, 14 November 1945-- 1 October 1946, Vol. 12, p.318

In Mein Kampf, Hitler said that it was some christian preacher, Karl Leuger who first inculated anti-Jewish hatred in him.
(see Hitler, Mein Kampf: Volume 1, Chapter 2.)

Check it:
"I was not in agreement with the sharp anti-Semitic tone, but from time to time I read arguments which gave me some food for thought. At all events, these occasions slowly made me acquainted with the man and the movement, which in those days guided Vienna's destinies: Dr. Karl Lueger and the Christian Social Party ... The man and the movement seemed 'reactionary' in my eyes. My common sense of justice, however, forced me to change this judgment in proportion as I had occasion to become acquainted with the man and his work; and slowly my fair judgment turned to unconcealed admiration. Today, more than ever, I regard this man as the greatest German mayor of all times ... How many of my basic principles were upset by this change in my attitude toward the Christian Social movement! My views with regard to anti-Semitism thus succumbed to the passage of time, and this was my greatest transformation of all."

More Hitler fun as he caters to his target audience in his book. Guess who it is, "darwinists" or someone else?
"Certainly we don't have to discuss these matters with the Jews, the most modern inventors of this cultural perfume. Their whole existence is an embodied protest against the aesthetics of the Lord's image."
Mein Kampf Volume 1, Chapter 6.

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe."
Mein Kampf Volume 1, Chapter 9.

You can say he didn't believe that himself, that he wasn't a true "Christian", but so what? Who do you think he was catering to there?

Hitler:
For us, this is not a problem you can turn a blind eye to-one to be solved by small concessions. For us, it is a problem of whether our nation can ever recover its health, whether the Jewish spirit can ever really be eradicated. Don't be misled into thinking you can fight a disease without killing the carrier, without destroying the bacillus. Don't think you can fight racial tuberculosis without taking care to rid the nation of the carrier of that racial tuberculosis. This Jewish contamination will not subside, this poisoning of the nation will not end, until the carrier himself, the Jew, has been banished from our midst. Speech delivered by Hitler in Salzburg, 7 or 8 August 1920. (NSDAP meeting)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 05/03/2011 19:22:33

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  19:21:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In contrast, check out Darwin:
For some of Darwin's views about "races", check out his "Descent of Man" from 1871
"But the most weighty of all the arguments against treating the races of man as distinct species, is that they graduate into each other, independently in many cases, as far as we can judge, of their having intercrossed. Man has been studied more carefully than any other animal, and yet there is the greatest possible diversity amongst capable judges whether he should be classed as a single species or race, or as two (Virey), as three (Jacquinot), as four (Kant), five (Blumenbach), six (Buffon), seven (Hunter), eight (Agassiz), eleven (Pickering), fifteen (Bory de St-Vincent), sixteen (Desmoulins), twenty-two (Morton), sixty (Crawfurd), or as sixty-three, according to Burke. This diversity of judgment does not prove that the races ought not to be ranked as species, but it shews that they graduate into each other, and that it is hardly possible to discover clear distinctive characters between them." (you do realize that all people thought like the first part of the last sentence above in Darwin’s time, but it’s Darwin’s observations that led him to say "it is hardly possible to discover distinictive character between them."

About Darwin's first book,
On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life, when they talk about "races" it's used as an alternative for "varieties" – the first use in the book refers to "the several races, for instance, of the cabbage", and Darwin proceeds to discuss "the hereditary varieties or races of our domestic animals and plants".[10]

From Wikipedia about The Origin of Species. Read the book yourself if you want.

Look up "blood libel" on the net. See how much "darwinism" is in there. The Jewish Encyclopedia may be a good place to look, too.

Time for some reading:
The Popes Against the Jews: The Vatican's Role in the Rise of Modern Anti-Semitism
by David I. Kertzer

"After Auschwitz: Religion and the Origins of the Death Camps." Bobbs-Merrill, Indianapolis, Ind., 1966

"Theologian Richard Rubenstein wrote that the Nazis "did not invent a new villain...They took over the 2,000-year-old Christian trdition of the Jew as villain...The roots of the death camps must be sought in the mythic structure of Christianity...Myths concerning the demonological role of the Jews have been operative in Christianity for centuries..."

"Theologian Clark Williamson of Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis, said centuries of Christian hostility to Jews "prepared the way for the Holocaust" he said the Nazis "are inconcievable apart from this Christian tradition. Hitler's pogrom, for all its distinctiveness, is the zenith of a long Christian heritage of teaching and practice against Jews".

Fratricide: The Theological Roots of Anti-Semitism

Dagobert Runes' books: "The Jew and the Cross" and "The War Against the Jew" by Philosophical Library, New York.
"Everything Hitler did to the Jews, all the horrible, unspeakable misdeeds, had already been done to the smitten people before by the Christian churches....The isolation of Jews into ghetto camps, the wearing of the yellow spot, the burning of Jewish books, and finally the burning of the people-Hitler learned it all from the church. However, the church burned Jewish women and children alive, while Hitler granted them a quicker death, choking them first with gas."

Here’s a Jewish site where they discuss anti-semitism. Oddly enough, evolution is not brought up…guess what is??
The jewsforjudaism site. Check out the "New Testament Anti-Semitism" section of the Knowledge Base.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  05:23:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nicely done, ig.

I have a life-long fascination with Hitler, probably because my father served in the European Theater. I’ve read Mein Kamph, although not all of it. Hitler was absolutely a Catholic, as were most Germans. At one time, he served as an alter boy (make your own nasty jokes about that).

I find it darkly amusing when the fundie freakazoids try to brand him an atheist. While I’ve seen no records as to his church attendance, even if never, he never renounced the faith.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  21:34:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm posting this link to the Panda's Thumb article here because they love to equate eugenics with evolution also.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  03:17:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now, a late addition. There will be more, as I find new stuff.

From that article:
Hitler and the Nazi biologists I have considered certainly claimed a hierarchy of races, but that idea far antedated the publication of Darwin’s theory and was hardly unique to it. There is no evidence linking Hitler’s presumption of such a hierarchy and Darwin’s conception. Moreover, Hitler explicitly denied the descent of species, utterly rejecting the idea that Aryan man descended from ape-like predecessors. And most of the Nazi scientists I have cited likewise rejected that aspect of Darwin’s theory. Hitler did speak of the “struggle for existence,” but likely derived that language from his friend and supporter Houston Stewart Chamberlain, an avowed anti-Darwinian. Moreover, by Hitler’s own testimony, his anti-Semitism had political, not scientific or biological roots; there is no evidence that Hitler had any special feeling for these scientific questions.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  03:35:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said earlier, here's some more stuff:

And, for the hell of it, creationists distortion of what "fitness" means here, so that they can use it with "darwinism" and racism I guess, according to the creationist shit I read.

They're replying to someone who's taken exception to one of their talks here. They first quote each point that person made then state their response right after it as below.

Besides their dishonest representation of what "fitness" is, their attitude is consequently exposed.

caring for God’s Creation
Why? If God’s means of creation was survival of the fittest, why not let the unfit perish? If we are just another animal, we are just showing our superior fitness if we wipe out another species.

Thus showing that they know nothing about how ecosystems work...we, as animals or biological organisms, period! need to keep as much of this biosphere intact for the sake of our food and oxygen sources, to say nothing of sources of medicines, etc.

"Fitness" in evolutionary biology means more than just being able to kill off other organisms! In fact, that doesn't even seem to be the main focus!

So, why do creationists keep going with their version of it? It suits their purposes to poison the well of the theory of evolution in the minds of laymen.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 12/31/2011 03:35:57
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2011 :  03:55:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Social Darwinism is a political concept, not a scientific one.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  20:25:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don't have to search very far to find out which country was the first to introduce mass compulsory sterilization for the purpose of eugenics.

The United States was the first country to concertedly undertake compulsory sterilization programs for the purpose of eugenics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization

America was also the first country to land a man on the moon. A move that was politically motivated to counter the Soviets lead in space missions.

This lunar effect is still prevalent in American politics. GOP Newt wants to colonize the moon if elected. The others more convinced about the moons effect on fertility connected with the lunar rhythms promise a banning of contraceptives which according to them have been ineffective.

A cost reducing technique is being recommended instead. Getting women to use non prescription aspirins and hold it between their knees as a more effective alternative. CNN first reported this.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  20:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justintime
CNN first reported this.

Funny. Because the remark was made on MSNBC to Andrea Mitchel by one of Rick Santorum's money guys.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  21:10:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

justintime
CNN first reported this.

Funny. Because the remark was made on MSNBC to Andrea Mitchel by one of Rick Santorum's money guys.

I saw it on CNN...and yes it was Santorums main PAC contributor.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  14:40:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are examined at this site. Check it out.

Six Million Crucifixions examines the root causes of antisemitism in Christianity and how that prepared the soil for the secular antisemitism that culminated in the Holocaust. The book covers the last two thousand years of history, from the origins of this hatred all the way to the advent of modern antisemitism. It also
covers the role of the Churches during the Holocaust, and the role of the Vatican in setting up escape routes for wanted war criminals after WWII. Six Million Crucifixions concludes by making the point that after the Holocaust the Allies should have set up an international trial and put any and all clergymen who may have had a role in the defamation of and incitement against the Jewish people, as well as those who helped wanted Nazis escape Justice and other charges, on the dock.

From one of the articles there:

Where did the Germans get all these ideas? Which Machiavellian functionary thought of this? When the Nazis came to power in 1933 they discovered they did not need to invent almost anything in their persecution of the Jews, because the Catholic Church had invented practically everything hundreds of years before. The yellow badge in the garments, the prohibition to hold public office, the prohibition to have Christian employees, the burning of the Talmud, the prohibition of living next to Christians, the prohibition from belonging to guilds or work in industry, the ghettos, all these violations to basic human rights of Jews that we associate with the legislation of the Nazi tyranny was promulgated by the Catholic Church between 400 and 700 years before the Nazis. During almost two millennia Christians were taught that Christianity had replaced Judaism, and that Jews were evil, bent on the destruction of Christianity and that they were killers of Jesus.

So, we should not be very surprised then that when Hitler came to power he found that the population-like him-already deeply hated Jews. That hatred had been planted and cultivated by Christianity since practically the beginning of the Christian movement in the first century of the Common Era.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  18:07:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found more information from this site.

Where did the Germans get all these ideas? Which Machiavellian functionary thought of this? When the Nazis came to power in 1933 they discovered they did not need to invent almost anything in their persecution of the Jews, because the Catholic Church had invented practically everything hundreds of years before.

The yellow badge in the garments, the prohibition to hold public office, the prohibition to have Christian employees, the burning of the Talmud, the prohibition of living next to Christians, the prohibition from belonging to guilds or work in industry, the ghettos, all these violations to basic human rights of Jews that we associate with the legislation of the Nazi tyranny was promulgated by the Catholic Church between 400 and 700 years before the Nazis. During almost two millennia Christians were taught that Christianity had replaced Judaism, and that Jews were evil, bent on the destruction of Christianity and that they were killers of Jesus.

The Church Fathers, whose writings make up the foundation of Christianity as we know it today, wrote about Jews in manner comparable to the Nazis. As St. Ambrose, known as the Bishop with the Golden Tongue said in 374 CE,

The Jews are the most worthless of all men. They are lecherous, greedy, rapacious. They are perfidious murderers of Christ. They worship the Devil. Their religion is a sickness. The Jews are the odious assassins of Christ and for killing God there is no expiation possible, no indulgence or pardon. Christians may never cease vengeance, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God always hated the Jews. It is essential that all Christians hate them.1

Saint John Chrysostom, bishop of Antioch, was not that much better just a few years later:

Where Christ-killers gather, the cross is ridiculed, God blasphemed, the father unacknowledged, the son insulted, the grace of the Spirit rejected. . . .If the Jewish rites are holy and venerable, our way of life must be false. But if our way is true, as indeed it is, theirs is fraudulent. I am not speaking of the Scriptures. Far from it!.. I am speaking of their present impiety and madness.2

During the Middle Ages Christians began associating Jews with the Devil. This association was a natural one to make for a population already used to reading in the Gospels sentences like, “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire.”

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  15:38:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a correction here about Leuger:

You misspell Karl Lueger (it's u-umlaut which in English is rendered "ue") and you incorrectly call him a Christian preacher. He was a politician, the mayor of Vienna, in the Austrian branch of the Christian Social Party.

The German branch of the Christian Social Party was founded by Adolph Stoecker, a Lutheran pastor who was the court chaplain to the Kaiser in the 19th century. Stoecker discovered that you could win elections by concocting anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, at that time an innovation. Lueger’s Austrian CSP copied their policies.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 03/29/2013 15:40:51
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  03:24:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You misspell Karl Lueger (it's u-umlaut which in English is rendered "ue")

To correctly spell Lüger if you don't have a keyboard with umlaut, hold down Alt-key and type 0252 on the numerical keyboard.

More codes can be found here: http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.