Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  20:17:13  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
So we are now living in a post-Rapture world, according to Harold Camping. What are you doing these days?

Choices:
Singing God's praises, since I was raptured.
Cursing God, since I went to Hell.
Looting the homes of Raptured people.
Recovering from being run down by a driverless car.
Arming for defense against the zombie hordes.
Enjoying lighter traffic during rush hour.
Carrying on as usual because too many danged people were left behind.
Suing Camping to get my money back.
What's a Rapture?
Who is Harold Camping?
Other (please leave a comment).

(Anonymous Vote)

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  06:40:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I along with 99 percent of the population am not surprised. With about 82% of Americans believing in God with the majority Christians and believers in the rapture, I would have preferred that more than zero of them would have vanished yesterday. Sadly that was not the case, not even for one of them. The belief that yesterday was the day of the long awaited rapture was either a delusion or if not, not one Christian was deserving of salvation. The latter is a strong possibility based on how I see Christians behave.

I'm left having to cope with all the egotistical "I'm" holier that you, I'm more moral than you, I know better than you deluded dick heads just like I was the day before yesterday, again no surprise. It is a glorious sunny day here today, after several days of much needed rain and I'm happy to be here. I got some paying work to do today, so life is unchanged for me. Life is good and I know it. What could be better? SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  10:38:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, looks like the requirements to get raptured were much higher than expected.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  20:45:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knew about it. Already bored.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  05:11:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

Damn, looks like the requirements to get raptured were much higher than expected.

The elephant in the room is. In the reality I live in it's just one more fantastical writing dreamed up in a religious "Holy Book", fantastical and never going to happen outside the imaginations of believers. Think about it, "Holy Books" are Books having teachings and beliefs that are full of holes. That's why their called Holy Books. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  06:39:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

My Mother is still around so I am quite sure that zero people got raptured. Even though she has stated that she failed to raise me right, I tell her that I don't know what she could have done better.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  07:14:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"What Now?"
Harold Camping crawls out of his hole.
Harold Camping, the radio preacher who predicted the rapture would occur at 5:59 p.m. on May 21, is “flabbergasted” that the event did not take place. "It has been a really tough weekend," he told reporters at the front door of his home. "I'm looking for answers, but now I have nothing else to say. I'll be back to work Monday and will say more then." Robert Fitzpatrick, who spent his life savings on rapture advertising and was profiled in The Daily Beast, told ABC News, "I can't tell you what I feel right now. Obviously, I haven't understood it correctly because we're still here."

Obviously you Harold are either your deceived or a deceiver. Based on your bank account which is reported in the millions I thinking deceiver and on Robert Fitzpatrick, "who spent his life savings on rapture advertising and was profiled in The Daily Beast, told ABC News," I'm thinking deceived. Robert can now start on his new life as a poor person with no savings and a publicly proven fool. If this can opens his eyes his savings was well spent. SS

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  09:15:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, here's a youtube video by someone who's disappointed.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 05/23/2011 09:17:08
Go to Top of Page

Philo
Skeptic Friend

66 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  02:20:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Philo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arming against zombies of course!
Go to Top of Page

Baxter
Skeptic Friend

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  09:08:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Baxter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The biblical writers taught only a final resurrection & judgment, not this "Left Behind" nonsense that a lot of evangelicals believe in. I think it is mostly an American thing.

When I was an evangelical myself, I read the arguments that are used to claim that the bible teaches this heavenly departure. The Pre-tribulation rapture is probably the weakest theological idea I have ever encountered.

"We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." ~from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

"We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know." ~Robert G. Ingersoll
Edited by - Baxter on 06/27/2011 09:08:59
Go to Top of Page

Celt

4 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2011 :  13:35:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Celt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since one of my hobbies is gunsmithing I opted for arming for zombies.

I'm sure one of my ak-47 builds will help me stay alive in this "post rapture" holocaust. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  14:18:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Harold Camping is absolutely sure that the world will end one week from today! Everyone get ready for nothing.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  17:51:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Harold Camping is absolutely sure that the world will end one week from today! Everyone get ready for nothing.

Yep and you can bet Harold is ready, ready for nothing too. He's cash packed and ready. I'll loses no money on him, Icke or Perry. The horse shit ankle deep everywhere.
Anita Perry gave a speech today at North Greenville University in South Carolina, in which she asserted that God called her husband to run for president, and that he was being "brutalized" by political opponents, even from within his own party, because of his faith.
Tell it to Noah, Anita. I sure he was laughed at too. SS

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  18:24:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally quoted by sailingsoul

Anita Perry gave a speech today at North Greenville University in South Carolina, in which she asserted that God called her husband to run for president, and that he was being "brutalized" by political opponents, even from within his own party, because of his faith.
FFS. Her husband would be far less "brutalized" if he were running in order to be President, instead of running to act as an intermediary between god and government. These people seek office wearing their faith on their sleeves, and then get all verklempt when others criticize them for it. Dumbasses.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  05:09:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just shambling about, craving bra-ain-ns.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  05:58:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Tell it to Noah, Anita. I sure he was laughed at too. SS
Another empty hat from Texas who hears voices in his head. Or his God is a practical joker and did it for the laughs.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.