Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 What do you think about this theory/website?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  12:56:35  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have 'exotic" stuff for evaluation.
what is Your opinion about this theory of "dualistic biology" involving the "mirror matter"?
Let's leave aside homeopaty stutt here,what is your opinion of biological organizm creating copies of itself into the "mirror matter"?
These ideas are described here:

http://web.telia.com/~u59500234/
Especially interesting is :
http://web.telia.com/~u59500234/ED02.htm

and

http://web.telia.com/~u59500234/ED04.htm

Is it mere speculation/pseudoscience or something worthwhile,to Your opinion?
That I found this website by searching "mirror matter robert foot"
And the irony is that when I asked Robert Foot(leading author about "mirror matter") what he thinks about the thesis of the website about human body "copies" itself into the "mirror matter ,Robert replied shortly: "It's fantasy".
So,is it just one more exotic theory or something wothwhile?
Thanks everybody

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:01:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is right up there with Timecube.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:13:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Alexander1304

Hello all,

what is Your opinion about this theory of "dualistic biology" involving the "mirror matter"?
Let's leave aside homeopaty stutt here,what is your opinion of biological organizm creating copies of itself into the "mirror matter"?

and

And the irony is that when I asked Robert Foot(leading author about "mirror matter") what he thinks about the thesis of the website about human body "copies" itself into the "mirror matter ,Robert replied shortly: "It's fantasy".
Thanks everybody

I took a quick look. It looks like pseudoscience with a healthy dose of woo. Or the other way around. Woo with pseudoscience to support it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:28:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Hello all,

and

Thanks everybody

I took a quick look. It looks like pseudoscience with a healthy dose of woo. Or the other way around. Woo with pseudoscience to support it.

Kil: my gut feeling initially is what You stated,I just want other opinions...
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  15:15:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If a person can feel his leg when it is amputated the body must have made a mirror copy of it with a mirror dark matter information system. That was my first thought and I still have the same opinion.

You can't do anything except point and laugh!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:06:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

If a person can feel his leg when it is amputated the body must have made a mirror copy of it with a mirror dark matter information system. That was my first thought and I still have the same opinion.

You can't do anything except point and laugh!

But what would be a real/better explanation of feeling amputated leg?I am honestly asking...
Edited by - Alexander1304 on 07/05/2011 16:11:39
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:22:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you not even run this question through your head before you ask it. Seriously try to think of a single better explanation than mirror dark matter.

Actually a better challenge would be to think of a worse explanation.

When you give up, google "phantom limb"

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 07/05/2011 16:22:39
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:30:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Do you not even run this question through your head before you ask it. Seriously try to think of a single better explanation than mirror dark matter.

Actually a better challenge would be to think of a worse explanation.

When you give up, google "phantom limb"

Thank You,I tried and found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:35:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you're welcome, I am happy to be the voice of reason.

Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:44:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

you're welcome, I am happy to be the voice of reason.

From wikipedia follows that all these feelings have neurological basis - nothing to do with "mirror matter".And as I stated in the OP,Robert Foot replied,that idea that body copies itself into the "mirror matter" is a fantasy
Edited by - Alexander1304 on 07/05/2011 16:47:56
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:45:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't have a problem with that hypothesis as much as I do with the word 'must'. As if there cannot possibly be any other explanation? If the writer can produce evidence for a dark matter mirror universe then let's look at it, but to say flatly and without evidence that there is no other way it can be is ridiculous in the extreme.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  16:54:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

I don't have a problem with that hypothesis as much as I do with the word 'must'. As if there cannot possibly be any other explanation? If the writer can produce evidence for a dark matter mirror universe then let's look at it, but to say flatly and without evidence that there is no other way it can be is ridiculous in the extreme.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Here,what I posted above:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb

I honestly didn't know about that,thanks to "on Fire for Christ" I found it
Edited by - Alexander1304 on 07/05/2011 18:34:34
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  07:45:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But what would be a real/better explanation of feeling amputated leg?I am honestly asking...

How about some that are equally bad? Such as the leg is still there, it's just that it's become invisible and it doesn't interact with matter. Nerve signals still work, though, since the chakras are undisturbed.

We could think of an infinite number of these kinds of "explanations". Is any of them better or worse than any other? Well, if there is no way to tell, then the answer is most likely that any given "explanation" is pure bull.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  07:57:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

How about some that are equally bad? Such as the leg is still there, it's just that it's become invisible and it doesn't interact with matter. Nerve signals still work, though, since the chakras are undisturbed.

We could think of an infinite number of these kinds of "explanations". Is any of them better or worse than any other? Well, if there is no way to tell, then the answer is most likely that any given "explanation" is pure bull.

Wikipedia description of "phantom limb" seems logical to me
Go to Top of Page

Judge Bromley circa 1612

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  16:21:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Judge Bromley circa 1612 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like a load of bunkem . One thing that gets me going is the unfounded claim that meridians exist. The proponents of these probably non existent structures within the human body state as a matter of that that they are real without any proof at all. It's like the belief in a deity , you have to accept and believe.After I read that I gave up on the rest of the article.

Best wishes to all from Judge Edward Bromley circa 1612 the witches' and pseudoscientists' friend.
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  13:22:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Based on what I read, these people have no clue of how the brain and neurons work. Either that or they don't care.

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.