Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 McConnell said
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  15:38:41  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I refuse to help Barack Obama get re-elected by marching Republicans into a position where we have co-ownership of a bad economy," McConnell said.
I rarely get angry about what politicians say any more, but this sent me over the top. F...ing irreponsible coward. Hell his party left an economy that was circling the drain, abscent the extreme measures taken by the current administration who knows if we would have found the bottom yet. Slimy bastard. I guess he has his priorities, at least one, one which has nothing to do with good governance, contributing to solutions, just an insidious game of kick the can.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  08:20:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fucking hate McConnell. He looks like one of those dweebs who got picked on in high school. He should spend his time trying to grow a chin instead of trying to get revenge on everyone who pinned "kick me" on him in school.

The debt ceiling was raised something like 9 times? under W's reign of incompetence yet McConnell and Boehner are trying to pin this all on Obama. They want the economy to tank so they can point to BO and say "See? We told you so."

I don't know who I am more pissed at: the Reps for pulling this shit; or the Dems for not getting on the airwaves and repeating the facts over and over again, like the Reps are repeating their Big Lie over and over again.

I'd call them fucktards, but that would be an insult to fucktards everywhere.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  08:27:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I long for the day when our elected officials become more concerned with actually running the country efficiently rather than having only the politics of the next election on their minds.

We need to clean house.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  08:49:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

I long for the day when our elected officials become more concerned with actually running the country efficiently rather than having only the politics of the next election on their minds.

We need to clean house.

That has been said in every election cycle I ever remember.

Yet people still vote for their guy, because their guy isn't the problem! He or she has been in congress for 20 years (95% re-election rates = rigged fucking game if you ask me) and knows what needs to be done!

Until people have a real change in their general mindset, until more people learn to sort out the bullshit, until more people start leaving social wedge issues at home instead of voting on them... we are fucked.

People vote against their own self interest all the time. They don't even care that they are doing it either.

This banking and realestate crisis that caused the current recession? 100% avoidable if people actually paid attention to what their douchebag elected representatives are doing instead of cheering them on for their anti-gay, anti-liberal, anti-black speeches and propaganda.

So get used to being fucked. It isn't going to change until enough people actually get tired of it.

There is also complicity by the media in all this, but that is a topic of it's own.

Also, I agree. Mitch Mac is a giant asshole.


Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  09:58:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

[quote]"I refuse to help Barack Obama get re-elected by marching Republicans into a position where we have co-ownership of a bad economy," McConnell said.

This 'bastard' economy was created By George Bush, the Republican caucus and half of the Democrats, who back him every step of the way. Republicans not wanting to take on co-ownership of is like the rapist screaming "it's not mine", as this brutalized population is left to care for and pay for this baby. With money budgeted for medicine, food, clothing and shelter. On one hand corporations and their CEO's are making billions sitting back smoking 2 ft cigars, drinking Dom Pérignon, while their crying they can't afford their child support payments. Most voter can't see and refuses to accept that they are being bamboozled just like every cool aid drinking theist. What stupid blind fools, being guided by a lying media maintaining the delusions like we voted for this and Washington is doing our biding. Naming just two.

I'm really surprised that no one here can see that the voting system is rigged and has been for at least the last 11 years. Starting with the 2000 election. It has been taken over and is a complete farce. It produces the illusion of a functioning system that continuously produces victory margins 2 to 1 % or less and the victories stand. Everyone keeps waking up every post election day scratching their heads wondering how this keeps happening. Why with all the new Voters that are registered every cycle the results don't change. Every cycle we're left saying "Dam that was close, Oh well well get them next time. We just have to get more people to vote". WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! We got he votes, the voting system is rigged. Am I the only one who believes this here? Oh, I'm suppose to give my evidence. Am I the only one who realizes this. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  09:59:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul


I'm really surprised that no one here can see that the voting system is rigged and has been for at least the last 11 years. Starting with the 2000 election. It has been taken over and is a complete farce. It produces the illusion of a functioning system that continuously produces victory margins 2 to 1 % or less and the victories stand. Everyone keeps waking up every post election day scratching their heads wondering how this keeps happening. Why with all the new Voters that are registered every cycle the results don't change. Every cycle we're left saying "Dam that was close, Oh well well get them next time. We just have to get more people to vote". WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! We got he votes, the voting system is rigged. Am I the only one who believes this here? Oh, I'm suppose to give my evidence. Am I the only one who realizes this. SS


I def. have my suspicions. But I fear that my suspicions of a right-wing-orchestrated "grand conspiracy" makes me no better than the 911 conspiracy theorists.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9677 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  10:24:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a big difference to suspect a "grand conspiracy", and believing in conspiracies like the 911-truthers, who are convinced of a coverup to the point of dismissing any evidence to the contrary.

Remember, it's not paranoia they really are out to get you.
A grand conspiracy isn't automatically false just because it qualifies as a grand conspiracy.

Just look at the Tea-Partiers.
Many of them are independently Teabaggers, but there are also a bunch of them who are unwittingly participating in an organized movement who's marching orders and support originates from a (neo-?)conservative think-tank. It's by pure happenstance that the think-tank connection got caught on camera.


(Which reminds me, we haven't heard from filthy in a while... filthy are you out there?)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 07/15/2011 10:26:02
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  12:35:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp


I def. have my suspicions. But I fear that my suspicions of a right-wing-orchestrated "grand conspiracy" makes me no better than the 911 conspiracy theorists.
That's exactly it. No one can even entertain the presented evidence as having any validity for being label a nut. TELL ME why the hell "DIEBOLD" who makes ATM's that gives out tens of millions of receipts every day, receipts for every single transaction, claim they cannot design , flipping refuses to implement, the same feature with their voting machines?? Can anyone tell me why VOTING machines that are made by the same company that makes ATM's are not be made to give receipts??? A receipt that can be read to assure it has the vote written correctly and put into a 'back up' ballot box, should machines give questionable results. These machines record, I believe, 80% of our votes across the country. It is illegal to even look at (examine) the code in some states. Why are NOT voting districts demanding the machines give paper verification as a safety feature against hacking? I'm listening!
Why is there not one voting machine that counts our votes required to give reciepts? Hello, I'm listening!
I say they don't want a hackles system but I a nut, what is your answer. I'm listening!
How can a machine in Florida , a pivotal state in 2000, gave a final total of negative votes for Gore? I'm listening!
How a polling location in Ohio, in 2004 have 600+ signatures that voted at that location and have 4000+ votes for Bush? I'm listening!
How Pennsylvania can report a district where 80% of the voters who voted did not cast a vote for president that year? I'm listening!
Watch this! It's an excerpt from Uncounted, the movie. A can of worms.

Oh my God! I'm a fucking conspiracy nut! For even thinking and asking questions. Let alone highly considering it is so. NO one should dare to consider it for being labeled as such too.

Watch the HBO movie "Hacking Democracy" that's another can of worms. I am tired of waiting for this to be dealt with each election cycle, which we're in to now, but I never hear anything about it. Both these movies came out years ago and I don't see anything is different. The only realistic conclusion, one that won't bring the label of being a nut is "everything is fine, no change in the system is needed".

Until the American voting system is fixed by throwing out or correcting these receipt-less machines and it's system I will never vote again. Because I'm a nut who doesn't believe in the delusion of a man made God or the validity of our paperless non-verifiable machine based election system, that is implemented nationwide. What a joke it is that American ex-presidents go abroad to validate elections in other countries, when we have this magic act going on every year on election day. It's a magic show that most are bying on faith. Exactly like +80% of Americans buy the magic act and explanation of religion. Unbelievable but true. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  12:39:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse


(Which reminds me, we haven't heard from filthy in a while... filthy are you out there?)

I've been thinking the same thing about Halfmooner. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  09:14:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul
That's exactly it. No one can even entertain the presented evidence as having any validity for being label a nut. TELL ME why the hell "DIEBOLD" who makes ATM's that gives out tens of millions of receipts every day, receipts for every single transaction, claim they cannot design , flipping refuses to implement, the same feature with their voting machines?? Can anyone tell me why VOTING machines that are made by the same company that makes ATM's are not be made to give receipts??? A receipt that can be read to assure it has the vote written correctly and put into a 'back up' ballot box, should machines give questionable results. These machines record, I believe, 80% of our votes across the country. It is illegal to even look at (examine) the code in some states. Why are NOT voting districts demanding the machines give paper verification as a safety feature against hacking? I'm listening!
Why is there not one voting machine that counts our votes required to give reciepts? Hello, I'm listening!
I say they don't want a hackles system but I a nut, what is your answer. I'm listening!
How can a machine in Florida , a pivotal state in 2000, gave a final total of negative votes for Gore? I'm listening!
How a polling location in Ohio, in 2004 have 600+ signatures that voted at that location and have 4000+ votes for Bush? I'm listening!
How Pennsylvania can report a district where 80% of the voters who voted did not cast a vote for president that year? I'm listening!
Watch this! It's an excerpt from Uncounted, the movie. A can of worms.

Oh my God! I'm a fucking conspiracy nut! For even thinking and asking questions. Let alone highly considering it is so. NO one should dare to consider it for being labeled as such too.

Watch the HBO movie "Hacking Democracy" that's another can of worms. I am tired of waiting for this to be dealt with each election cycle, which we're in to now, but I never hear anything about it. Both these movies came out years ago and I don't see anything is different. The only realistic conclusion, one that won't bring the label of being a nut is "everything is fine, no change in the system is needed".

Until the American voting system is fixed by throwing out or correcting these receipt-less machines and it's system I will never vote again. Because I'm a nut who doesn't believe in the delusion of a man made God or the validity of our paperless non-verifiable machine based election system, that is implemented nationwide. What a joke it is that American ex-presidents go abroad to validate elections in other countries, when we have this magic act going on every year on election day. It's a magic show that most are bying on faith. Exactly like +80% of Americans buy the magic act and explanation of religion. Unbelievable but true. SS


Don't sugar-coat it. Tell me how you really feel.

I hear what your saying, and there's certainty red flags for me. But then, how did Obama get elected? Just a rhetorical Q.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9677 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  14:59:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp
But then, how did Obama get elected? Just a rhetorical Q.
The landslide vicory was greater than even the republicans could ever dream of in their feverish nightmares...


Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  21:24:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not enough to wind the presidency. If through voting machine fraud a sufficient number of seats in congress, the senate and house are hijacked then it doesn't matter what how much power the president has his position is rendered ineffective through superior congressional negation. Example, In spite of ordering Guantanamo bay closed by executive orders, congress refused to fund that so it never happened. Forget about passing legislation he wants.

Edit: corrected word "wind" to win".

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 06/06/2012 05:31:00
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  23:18:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the one hand, the GOP strategy is very powerful. When you just make up your own facts, they can be simple, easy to understand, and intelligently designed to prod specific nerves of base voters. Telling the truth is usually requires a complex string of explanations and boring facts, so it's hard to reply successfully in a sound byte to shiny lies.

On the other hand, the GOP is telling lies, and lies, however long it takes, have a tendency to be exposed. And once lies are exposed, so are the liars. The GOP's risk is that they will overdo their Big Lie techniques (especially at a time when Teabaggers are directing much of the GOP rhetoric) and become widely exposed as chronic and incurable liars. When and if that happens, they will be doomed as a party, and Americans will go shopping for a new "loyal opposition" party.

The political situation is closely analogous to many issues in modern skepticism. Simple lies are more attractive to most people, most of the time, than complex truths. "Goddidit" suffices to explain for almost half of Americans how humanity got here. Prayer is an easier and socially accepted explanation for a cancer cure. Explaining a cure through complicated medical mumbo-jumbo is more difficult.

As so it goes.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/05/2012 23:30:44
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  01:00:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And when those lies are discovered, if the media doesn't report the lies, how is the information disseminated to the people who vote or need this info. Without an informed an citizenry how can there be a real Democracy? Mooner you were not posting when this thread was started. You can read that fact in this very thread, have you seen the HBO presentation linked to in my reply , the 8th post in this thread. "Hacking Democracy"? It's hyper-linked previously in this thread. I would like your opinion about it if you have the chance. I have yet to get any real reply about it from anyone on this forum.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  04:40:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, SS, I've finished the Uncounted excerpt, and am now struggling to load Hacking Democracy.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000