"Vote for Jesus"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  08:55:47  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the Religious Right gets behind this idea. There's nothing so sweet as seeing sectarian idiocy destroying the power of sectarian idiocy. I suspect there will be quite a bit of this in 2012.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:13:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my! Jesus does not meet the criteria for president: He was not over 35 as a man (unless you figure in the eternal thing) and not born in the U.S.

He also never wanted to be an earthly king.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm. - Jn 18:36.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  09:38:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced

Oh my! Jesus does not meet the criteria for president: He was not over 35 as a man (unless you figure in the eternal thing) and not born in the U.S.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm. - Jn 18:36.
Right, and some other sect would demand his birth certificate. Oh, well,

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  05:37:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I was going to say that the natal stricture didn't apply, but I was wrong.

He would have had to be a citizen of the US prior to 1789 for the stricture to not apply.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  05:50:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

I was going to say that the natal stricture didn't apply, but I was wrong.

He would have had to be a citizen of the US prior to 1789 for the stricture to not apply.
Then in the Mormon alternate universe, he could run. Cool!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.