How to Talk to Your New Age Relative
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Walter

6 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  16:21:11  Show Profile Send Walter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How to Talk to Your New Age Relative is an ebook that is available on Amazon. Please note: I WROTE THE BOOK! I want to be fair and just tell you about it, as opposed to writing a bogus review. Hope that's ok. I wrote the book after having a terrible experience with a close relative of mine. The "book" is really a pamphlet - about 25 pages long. It defines the New Age, and offers sample dialogues, including areas of high risk (i.e. children and the elderly). Some pyschological theories are provided. It is also humorous in parts (how can it not be). That said, I do address it as a real problem, especially in families, as it can do terrible harm. The ebook can be read on all formats, not just kindle. If you want to read a preview you can here:

http://www.amazon.com/Relative-Hoagy-Wilson-Guide-ebook/dp/B005K095RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315349789&sr=8-1

Many thanks!

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  19:10:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Walter

How to Talk to Your New Age Relative is an ebook that is available on Amazon. Please note: I WROTE THE BOOK! I want to be fair and just tell you about it, as opposed to writing a bogus review. Hope that's ok. I wrote the book after having a terrible experience with a close relative of mine. The "book" is really a pamphlet - about 25 pages long. It defines the New Age, and offers sample dialogues, including areas of high risk (i.e. children and the elderly). Some pyschological theories are provided. It is also humorous in parts (how can it not be). That said, I do address it as a real problem, especially in families, as it can do terrible harm. The ebook can be read on all formats, not just kindle. If you want to read a preview you can here:

http://www.amazon.com/Relative-Hoagy-Wilson-Guide-ebook/dp/B005K095RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315349789&sr=8-1

Many thanks!

If I may ask, I'm wondering what your education or knowledge background is in writing a book on this topic? SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  20:48:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walter.....

If you want to read a preview you can here:
Walter, does your visit here possibly relate in any way to promotion of your book, or are you receptive to an open discussion of its subject matter here on this forum?

If so, would you offer at least a précis of the most salient points and the thesis of your book? I am curious as to your posture regarding the cognitive impedimenta collectively known as "New Age".

Thanks for your cooperation.
Go to Top of Page

Walter

6 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  07:42:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Walter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi bngbuck and sailingsoul -

I am a professional trade journalist in Canada, writing mostly on technology issues in healthcare, manufacturing, and telecommunications. For my non-fiction writing I have recieved a gold National Magazine Award and a Canadian Literary Award (CBC). My educational background is a B.A. from McGill University in English and additional credits in religious studies (U of T) and Hispanic Studies (Trent University).

My reason for writing the ebook were somewhat personal. A close relative of mine called my mother to claim that she had "heard" from my brother, who was murdered in 1978, and from my father, who was recently deceased. The relative had gone to a psychic/channeler. It was of course complete drivel, and caused my mother (and my surviving brother) considerable suffering. The idea that New Age philosophies are "harmless" was crudely exposed.

As well, many of my friends have been, in my opinion, committing intellectual suicide. As they approach - or surpass - middle age, they are embracing the most grotesque belief systems. I have noticed that they all share similar back-grounds and psychological profiles: they are white, middle class, and have survived early childhood trauma - usually related to a premature death of a loved one or the with-holding of love from a parent. Now, many of us have had similar experiences and don't become flakes. But there is something about the need for authority without rigour, and the ability to maintain a child-like state of consciousness (all is "magical") that is appealing to these folks, because, in my opinion, the trauma occured to a child's mind. This mind is still active in the adult, and to "grow up" is too painful.

My analysis is somewhat cynical - I don't think these brains can be fixed. And though I am a secularist and an atheist with little to no patience for religion, I do draw a distinction between the "New Age" and mainstream religious practice.

Anyway, I am open to more feedback! Thanks for listening...

Originally posted by bngbuck

Walter.....

Walter, does your visit here possibly relate in any way to promotion of your book, or are you receptive to an open discussion of its subject matter here on this forum?

If so, would you offer at least a précis of the most salient points and the thesis of your book? I am curious as to your posture regarding the cognitive impedimenta collectively known as "New Age".

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  09:09:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi bngbuck and sailingsoul -

I am a professional trade journalist in Canada, writing mostly on technology issues in healthcare, manufacturing, and telecommunications. For my non-fiction writing I have recieved a gold National Magazine Award and a Canadian Literary Award (CBC). My educational background is a B.A. from McGill University in English and additional credits in religious studies (U of T) and Hispanic Studies (Trent University).

My reason for writing the ebook were somewhat personal. A close relative of mine called my mother to claim that she had "heard" from my brother, who was murdered in 1978, and from my father, who was recently deceased. The relative had gone to a psychic/channeler. It was of course complete drivel, and caused my mother (and my surviving brother) considerable suffering. The idea that New Age philosophies are "harmless" was crudely exposed.

As well, many of my friends have been, in my opinion, committing intellectual suicide. As they approach - or surpass - middle age, they are embracing the most grotesque belief systems. I have noticed that they all share similar back-grounds and psychological profiles: they are white, middle class, and have survived early childhood trauma - usually related to a premature death of a loved one or the with-holding of love from a parent. Now, many of us have had similar experiences and don't become flakes. But there is something about the need for authority without rigour, and the ability to maintain a child-like state of consciousness (all is "magical") that is appealing to these folks, because, in my opinion, the trauma occured to a child's mind. This mind is still active in the adult, and to "grow up" is too painful.

My analysis is somewhat cynical - I don't think these brains can be fixed. And though I am a secularist and an atheist with little to no patience for religion, I do draw a distinction between the "New Age" and mainstream religious practice.

Anyway, I am open to more feedback! Thanks for listening...

Walter.....

Walter, are you railing against the Newage practices of divination, astral projection, and medium work or is it more general including religious paths?

What harm are you alledging occurs?

What definition are you using?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:04:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man. This is a tough crowd. I have been writing critical essays about the New Age for years and no one has asked for my credentials. People like John Edward may be comforting people but they are also torpedoing the normal grief process and stealing true last memories of those the departed have left behind with bullshit.

Walter. I would suggest that you send me a copy of your book for review.

Also, I see the New Age as a customizable religion or as an addition to religion, and so I don't really make distinctions between the two as being completely separate. But that's my view. I would like to hear more about what you think.

From my Evil Skeptic II: A visit to The Conscious Living Expo:

...My interest in the New Age goes beyond my skeptical take on most New Age ideas. While I recognize the baloney, I would be less than honest if I didn’t admit to being intrigued by the notion that we are all more or less capable of suspending reason if doing so serves us in some way. I want a quick-and-easy cure for cancer too. I, as much as those people who believe that the right ultrasound frequency will kill the parasites that cause cancer, would like that notion to be true. All that separates me from those who have fallen under Hulda Clark’s spell is my skepticism. It is sheer will that protects me from magical thinking. It’s by will that I am rational. I was not born with a skeptic gene. I believe skepticism is a learned behavior, so it doesn’t surprise me that so many people uncritically accept magical thinking. Most people believe that a supernatural being is responsible for all that we are and all that there is. So why not a New Age?

The New Age is a reaction to the world we live in. It’s sort of an addition to religion. Or it becomes the religion. It’s appearance is user friendly and highly customizable. There seems to be an endless supply of New Age claims and ideas, and all one has to do is choose those that have the most appeal. For example, one person might choose biofeedback as a stress reliever while another might choose Feng Shui, or both. At a time when pollution is a very real threat to our survival the New Age is aggressively green. At a time when the family physician does not come to our home with his magical black bag, or in the office doesn’t seem to have much time for soothing conversation to calm his patient’s fears, there is the “healer.” The healer is concerned about the patient’s “wellness.” How warm and fuzzy is that? The healer’s focus is on the “underlying cause” of whatever is making the patient sick. In the New Age, illness is only a symptom. The cures are many. They are almost all non-intrusive. Sometimes they even work (though probably not for the reasons these practitioners think they do). In a time of increasing fear of the dangers (real or imagined) that simply living on this planet present, the New Age says you must heal yourself first. The New Age offers empowerment. It offers the ability to see into the future. It offers, by way of one method or another, almost instant results in matters of love, life, health and the afterlife. The New Age promises miracles…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Walter

6 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  11:07:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Walter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Valiant -

Mostly I am concerned with psychic/channeling and medium work, as that can lead to real harm. My mother, who is NOT young, was seriously disturbed by claims that her son and deceased husband had been communicated with. Though the New Ager was sincere, the intervention was cruel, wrong, and stupid. I am also concerned with claims of healing, unscientific analysis of the mind/body connection, and financial hucksterism. I have an 8-part definition: 1.The internal creates the external; 2.The divine is interested in human consciousness; 3.Spiritual knowledge requires compassion; 4.The New Age often has a physical dimension; 5.The New Age is “all inclusive”; 6.There is no such thing as coincidence; 7.There is no such thing as death; 8.Spirituality can result in material reward.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Walter, are you railing against the Newage practices of divination, astral projection, and medium work or is it more general including religious paths?

What harm are you alledging occurs?

What definition are you using?
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  12:28:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi Valiant -

Mostly I am concerned with psychic/channeling and medium work, as that can lead to real harm. My mother, who is NOT young, was seriously disturbed by claims that her son and deceased husband had been communicated with. Though the New Ager was sincere, the intervention was cruel, wrong, and stupid. I am also concerned with claims of healing, unscientific analysis of the mind/body connection, and financial hucksterism. I have an 8-part definition: 1.The internal creates the external; 2.The divine is interested in human consciousness; 3.Spiritual knowledge requires compassion; 4.The New Age often has a physical dimension; 5.The New Age is “all inclusive”; 6.There is no such thing as coincidence; 7.There is no such thing as death; 8.Spirituality can result in material reward.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Your definition seems to be a little vague. Also seems to be based on a misunderstanding of some minority religions. I am not sure because I am a little unsure by what specifically you are referring to with the generalized statements.

#2 can be said of most religions including Christianity.

#1 and #8 seem to be redundant.

Perhaps you could expand on your definitions.

Go to Top of Page

Walter

6 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  13:05:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Walter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, #2 can be said of other religions. I my short ebook I write after #2: "There is a God, and though this God is not singularly identified as it is in monotheistic faiths, the manifestation of God as the universe, or as a totalizing force, does have a specific interest in human individuals, just as in mainstream religion."

Good point about #1 and #8. I see #1 as dominant, and #8 almost as a subset. So, though #1 might be that "perception creates reality", it usually does not mean that a New Age believer can create an automobile just because they think they see one. However, they might believe that all they have to do is imagine wealth and it will come to them (a.k.a. "The Secret"), which then gets them the money for the automobile.

In the ebook each definition has a brief paragraph devoted to it. #8 simply says: "8. Spirituality can result in material reward. Despite its emphasis on consciousness, mind, spirit, and soul, a New Age philosophy can often be extremely material, with a focus on good fortune, wealth, and abundance."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[/quote]

Your definition seems to be a little vague. Also seems to be based on a misunderstanding of some minority religions. I am not sure because I am a little unsure by what specifically you are referring to with the generalized statements.

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  13:18:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Val:

Well... Having a very new age brother, mother and having placed myself among new ager's from time to time on my own accord, I understand what Walter is saying here, I think.

#1 is the creation of an external reality be creating a belief about it. Everything in our world is our creation, and what exists, reality itself, is ours to control. What you believe (and not what you necessarily want) will happen. So it's important to create beliefs that are consistant with what you actually want. My brother literally believes that he is the creator of the world he lives in. I'm sure he must struggle sometimes with the fact that I'm one of his creations!

#8 The creation of beliefs creating our reality happen whether we are spiritual or not. And yeah, there is some overlap with #1. But, as an example, a spiritual person, someone connected to something bigger than herself, can use the force! (I am only being slightly sarcastic here. If your chakras are aliened properly and you are one with "everything" you can expect a bountiful life.) They can channel the energy of the universe, or whatever, to determine an outcome, including material reward. By the way. A lot of Pentecostal preachers work this concept. Robert Tilton does it. This is not the same as creating a reality in the way #1 is. It's more of a reward for being spiritual.

If Walter ment something different, he's free to correct me. But this has been my experience with New Age thinking.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  13:23:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yes, #2 can be said of other religions. I my short ebook I write after #2: "There is a God, and though this God is not singularly identified as it is in monotheistic faiths, the manifestation of God as the universe, or as a totalizing force, does have a specific interest in human individuals, just as in mainstream religion."

Good point about #1 and #8. I see #1 as dominant, and #8 almost as a subset. So, though #1 might be that "perception creates reality", it usually does not mean that a New Age believer can create an automobile just because they think they see one. However, they might believe that all they have to do is imagine wealth and it will come to them (a.k.a. "The Secret"), which then gets them the money for the automobile.

In the ebook each definition has a brief paragraph devoted to it. #8 simply says: "8. Spirituality can result in material reward. Despite its emphasis on consciousness, mind, spirit, and soul, a New Age philosophy can often be extremely material, with a focus on good fortune, wealth, and abundance."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[/quote]

Interesting. Seems to be focused more on the fringe 3BP types (3BP = Three Book Pagans).

I am a Wiccan. Wicca is sometimes termed as a "New Age" religion.

The excesses you seem to be targeting are definately something that the mainstream Neo-Pagan movement has been struggling against. The propensity for some people to attempt to Barnumize the gullible is quite disturbing.

Medium work is a really questionable portion of the fringe. That people can use that psychological weakness of needing to know how someone is after they die can cause a great deal of harm both psychologically and financially. (The name Harry Houdini comes to mind by way of medium busting.)

Most of the fringe has been influenced heavily by the American Spiritualist movement. This is where your really absurd claims come from. (Spirits/ghosts emit electro-magnetic energy, can move items, can harm people, talk in ultra-low frequencies, can use white noise generators to communicate, etc)

There are also the "alternative medicine" fruit-loops (with apologies to that fine breakfast cereal) and tinkly-crystal-newage crap. If you see someone with a neck full of crystal necklaces, rings up the wazoo, and stone bracelets running halfway up their arms, you are in the presence of a tinkly-crystal-newage crap practioner.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  17:43:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Man. This is a tough crowd.
Moi? Being the first to reply after almost 3 hours, I thought I'd ask for a little background. We do get a wide range of "experts" here that do their version of the big bang. They just pop into existence, without so much as a introduction or giving us anything to go on. I thought I'd save some time.
With Walter's OP, I had few clues to determining why he was coming here with not much more than "If it can be helpful, I wrote a book you might want to buy". So I thought I'd ask for a little to go on even before I took off like a mindless gnome clicking on whatever link he presented. I prefer not to click on any link thrown out by an unknown person. Especially by some of the worst we get here.
I have been writing critical essays about the New Age for years and no one has asked for my credentials.
...I know about your background, your a founder for starters. Your writings are not from an unknown new member who just showed up out of the blue, completely unknown. (Selling!) Seeing how Walter didn't give any background, I thought I inquire. I'm glad I did. Welcome Walter, nice to meet you. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  23:04:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walter.....

.....was seriously disturbed by claims that her son and deceased husband had been communicated with.
Your bilingual homeland should brush up a bit on the niceties of the mother tongue before awarding gold medals to one who is dangling prepositions like the example above.
The New Age is a reaction to the world we live in. It’s sort of an addition to religion. Or it becomes the religion.
#2: "There is a God, and though this God is not singularly identified as it is in monotheistic faiths, the manifestation of God as the universe, or as a totalizing force, does have a specific interest in human individuals, just as in mainstream religion."
It appears to me that this assumptive alone would firmly define "New Age" as a religion, and a pretty conventional one, at that. Is there really any question in your mind regarding this self-evidence?

As far as the harm wrought by the promulgation of horsecrap like "New Age", I would suggest that age-old superstition like classic Catholicism has done vastly more psychological and societal damage over the years than New Age could possibly have inflicted in its relatively short tenure as a latter-day religion.

Not that your target is not worthy of scorn, but there are far more insidious belief systems poisoning young and old minds today than the silliness called "New Age".

That obviouslly is an opinion and is open to contest. I don't want to be seen as offering a fact claim.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  06:42:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as the harm wrought by the promulgation of horsecrap like "New Age", I would suggest that age-old superstition like classic Catholicism has done vastly more psychological and societal damage over the years than New Age could possibly have inflicted in its relatively short tenure as a latter-day religion.
Possibly true, but movements like "anti-vax" is quickly picking up body-count...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  06:51:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your bilingual homeland should brush up a bit on the niceties of the mother tongue before awarding gold medals to one who is dangling prepositions like the example above.
This is the sort of nonsense up with which I shall not put.

Fowler:
It is a cherished superstition that prepositions must, in spite of the incurable English instinct for putting them in late... be kept true to their name & placed before the word they govern. ‘A sentence ending with a preposition is an inelegant sentence’ represents a very general belief. One of its chief supports is the fact that Dryden, an acknowledged master of English prose, went through all his prefaces contriving away the final prepositions that he had been guilty of in his first editions...
Two dozen examples of classic authors dangling their prepositions later:
If it were not presumptuous, after that, to offer advice, the advice would be: Follow no arbitrary rule, but remember that there are often two or more possible arrangements between which a choice should be made; if the abnormal, or at least unorthodox, final preposition that has naturally presented itself sounds comfortable, keep it; if it does not sound comfortable, still keep it if it has compensating vigour, or when among awkward possibilities it is the least awkward.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  07:21:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bngbuck wrote:

If you are comparing the total amount of damage done by Catholicism then you are making a false comparison. It'd be like saying the Chinese government has a worse human rights record than North Korea just because China has a great deal more people suffering from their policies than North Korea. But of course the actual policies in China aren't worse, it is just that China has a much larger population, so of course the total number of people suffering will be greater.

A more proper comparison would be to measure the amount of damage done by New Age compared to the amount of harm done by the Catholic church in the same amount of time and in the same geographic regions (I include geography because there is a great deal of damage done by the Catholic church unique to developing nations where there is no New Age following.)

When we are only talking about that, the obvious damage the Catholic Church has done is child abuse and subsequent cover-ups. That harm has only touched the lives of a small minority of Catholics, however, the amount of damage it has done to those who have been touched by it is huge. I've never heard of anything that compares within New Age spheres. And also, this has probably happened in the Catholic Church because it is such a rigid, hierarchical structure that encourages blind devotion and obedience, with so no transparency of the leadership. In this way, it may trump New Age in its likely potential for harm. Thankfully, so many Catholics in the developed world just pick and choose the aspects of Catholicism that they like, and ignore the rest (Catholics are in fact MORE likely to use birth control than non-Catholics in America, for instance.)

Not that your target is not worthy of scorn, but there are far more insidious belief systems poisoning young and old minds today than the silliness called "New Age".

Clearly Walter has a personal stake in that he has witnessed first hand harm done in his own family. So I really don't get why you brought up Catholicism being worse. When something hurts you, you want to do something about it. You don't sit around evaluating what could be worse. We all have to pick our battles, and I would think we'd be way more effective fighting the battles that we have some personal stake in.

In addition to the emotional harm potential done by people claiming to channel the dead, there is a huge financial harm that can be done. New Age remedies often cost more than evidence-based, conventional medicine, especially if they are ongoing treatments. One of my family members's best friend got all New Age a few years ago. She had been a practicing nurse for years, and then started dabbling in various alternative treatments, and eventually left her work as a nurse and started her own private practice for alternative healing. My relative has many health problems (mostly exacerbated by being quite obese and older) including diabetes, two knee replacements, and constant pain and swelling in her legs. She of course already spends a fair amount of money on co-pays for treatments. However, her New Age friend has been harassing her for years about supposed "cures" she should buy from her. These "cures" would require constant re-application and would cost three times as much as my relative currently pays for conventional medical treatment! My relative is completely skeptical of all this alternative medicine crap (she's a nurse herself, and a pretty good critical thinker) so she just politely turns down all this advice. But it has definitely damaged their friendship as her friend will just not let it go, and it is now to the point where my relative just ignores ever mentioning anything about her health to her friend. This same friend has clients who pay thousands of dollars for treatments she supplies.

I have to wonder what these people are giving up in order to pay for this bullshit, and who would have benefited had they spent their money on other things. Perhaps they might have spent their money on theater or art or concerts, helping to employ struggling, talented artists. Perhaps they might have spent their money on workshops, classes, or travel that would have put money on the pockets of instructors and local business owners. And many of these sort of things would have helped them to relax or express themselves, which can psychologically help or ease many chronic health problems. Certainly as much as any damned placebo.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds.