Dark Matters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  20:28:54  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone watching this show on the Science channel? Any thoughts?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  22:23:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pleco.....

Link?
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  05:20:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://science.discovery.com/videos/dark-matters-twisted-but-true-dark-matters-promo.html

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  15:21:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
{shudders}
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  16:16:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My husband loves that channel, but I don't think he's seen it. Maybe we'll check it out. Is it any good?

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  16:42:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The stories are interesting, but I have problems when they trot out people from "paranormal" organizations to shed "light" on possible explanations for the story at hand. There is little if any refutation of their explanations, though they also present scientists and professors to present a scientific viewpoint.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  20:17:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm watching an episode right now. I was flipping through the channels and it just happens to be on. They are talking about the Philadelphia experiment and have already shown footage of the ship disappearing and re-appearing a bunch of times. There is a narrator with an ominous-sounding, deep voices, and everything seems set up to be sensationalized with conspiracy theory speculation and all that jazz. Only been watching for 15 minutes and it is already so annoying, I doubt I'll get through the hour. Reminds me of the stupid shit that passes for documentaries on the history channel these days.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  20:38:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished watching the second part of the show about the attempt to create ape-human hybrids. It tries so damned hard to be intriguing that it just draws attention to the fact that it really isn't very interesting. I'm so bored and annoyed with this stupid show I can't bear to watch the rest. In fact I couldn't bear to watch it too closely period. While watching I looked up reviews. I'm in pretty close agreement with this one, except I think it is too generous.

I'm going back to reading Snowball Earth, a much better, more entertaining and sophisticated dramatic telling of adventures in science. Night, all.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  12:23:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

Reminds me of the stupid shit that passes for documentaries on the history channel these days.

I agree with Marf's comment above. I have also see the same show on the History channel down here and feel it's geared more for the non-scientific and/or the Non-evidence minded. It's not science based even though it is half presented as such. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.