Not quite insane: Jon Huntsman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  14:16:28  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been lurking about SFN as usual, and I share the consternation regarding the insane Republican presidential candidates for 2012. I noticed that there is one that isn't quite so insane: Jon Huntsman http://jon2012.com/

There is going to be a Republican contender so let it be a not-quite-insane one, eh? I donated $25 to his campaign in hopes of having a not-anti-science candidate.

Of course, my odd and not-so-heartfelt support would be greeted lukewarmly with bumperstickers that I have in mind:

Jon because it could be worse

Jon: Science!?!?

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  20:29:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

I have been lurking about SFN as usual, and I share the consternation regarding the insane Republican presidential candidates for 2012. I noticed that there is one that isn't quite so insane: Jon Huntsman http://jon2012.com/

There is going to be a Republican contender so let it be a not-quite-insane one, eh? I donated $25 to his campaign in hopes of having a not-anti-science candidate.

Of course, my odd and not-so-heartfelt support would be greeted lukewarmly with bumperstickers that I have in mind:

Jon because it could be worse

Jon: Science!?!?

Well... I did notice that he was the only sane one among the Republican candidates in last weeks debate. I'm not sure sane is what the republican party base is anymore. If he were to get the nomination, he would be the toughest for Obama to beat, I bet. But his party has shifted so far to the right, that I doubt he will ever be in much contention. But who knows?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  11:57:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if just believing in Science qualifies someone as sane and an electable presidential candidate. The bar has been substantially lowered for that office since Bush. But believing in a monkey theory as pre-qualification for the leader of the free world is a bit much.

Why is it so important to beat Obama? The Republicans wants to take America back to the 1800s by scrapping every government program, government initiative and government incentive at a time when emerging world economies are doing just the opposite.

What America needs is a leader with some basic math skills. But America ranks 25th in the world in math skills. With a deficit of 53 trillion and heading towards 90+ trillion in the next 10 years. You don't solve that with just a Chinese speaking US ambassador....You need a true Asian for President with real math skills. China took the first place in math..China hold over 1.6 trillion of US debt. Get one of them to run the country for awhile. They appear to know what they are doing.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  15:18:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not accepting the fact and scientific theory of evolution is equivalent to not accepting cell theory, germ theory, heliocentrism, or a spheroid Earth, which means that they are questionably fit to wield any power, in my Humboldt penguin.

I will most likely cringe and mark my ballot for Obama in 2012.
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  06:28:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you know if Jon Huntsman is not a Chinese plant. He knows what the Chinese want, he even knows their language.
The only real candidate is Donald Trump. He has gone bankrupt so many times he can get America out of an impending one.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:08:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By justintime
,,,believing in a monkey theory as pre-qualification for the leader of the free world is a bit much.
The Republican party does whole heartedly agree with you. What should freak non-delusional people out is how the Republicans goes gaga over any candidate who claims they're in direct communication with their imaginary "Magic Man in the Sky". One who states they were asked personally to run for president. Delusional beliefs like that, spoken out loud, should get anyone thrown in the looney bin but it is considered "evidence" of divine approval by Republicans voters. Only crazy people could see another crazy person mentally healthy. Who is writing this shit? Hollywood? Someone tell me I'm dreaming and please wake me up, I don't like this nightmare.

Try as you might and you have been trying justintime, your looney comments won't ever top the craziest comments their players have said and will continue to say through election day but you do get close. Be careful if hear God whisper in your ear, "I want you to run" and if you go public with that, you could run on for president. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  13:49:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would not rush to judgment here. Here are some top British Scientist Darwin, Dawkins, Stephen Hawking and it is believed less than 50% of Brits are Christians. What has science done for their economy. The UK has been in decline for the last 100 years. The country is in severe austerity and hooliganism is the new social order. When you convince a people they are monkeys, mate!!! and back it with science. They are less skeptical.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  20:34:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Straw man arguments and wacky connections. Troll harder, justintime.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.