Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  05:38:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't feel bad if you didn't get the joke. I am apparently not a very good comic. If I were I would clearly have taken the easy shot: "I'm only in it for the funny"...
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  06:12:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Don't feel bad if you didn't get the joke. I am apparently not a very good comic. If I were I would clearly have taken the easy shot: "I'm only in it for the funny"...

I don't think attacking Muslim women is funny or genital mutilation living room conversation.

But I am quite relieved you did not extrapolate all that from just someones avatar.

Try another funny.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  06:29:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
However! If you didn't get it simply because you are obtuse, that is none of my affair.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  06:55:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

I don't think attacking Muslim women is funny or genital mutilation living room conversation.

But I am quite relieved you did not extrapolate all that from just someones avatar.

Try another funny.

Ya know, Justin, if you are here just to be a dick, how about you get a hobby or somethin.

Pick up crochet. Maybe Crewling is more your speed.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  10:03:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote

However! If you didn't get it simply because you are obtuse, that is none of my affair.

You just admitted to not being a good comic. You can try coming up with one that is funny so you won't have to apologize for your weak attempt at humor.

chefcrsh wrote

I am apparently not a very good comic.
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  13:35:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Menstrual gel, however, is perfectly acceptable living room conversation.

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Edited by - podcat on 10/17/2011 13:41:46
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  13:46:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The problem with Dawkins is he is a evolutionary biologist and not a religious/Biblical scholar. He has the right to claim his atheism. But when he attacks Christianity which he has a very rudimentary knowledge about with his scientific background.
justintime, please describe in detail which parts of Christianity you think Dawkins is ignorant of that make a stronger case for faith.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  19:36:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You just admitted to not being a good comic.

No not exactly, but evidence is mounting that you are obtuse...
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  19:37:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

Menstrual gel, however, is perfectly acceptable living room conversation.

What is your address again?
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  23:27:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was responding to the fact that justintime thinks that FGM is not living room conversation, but in the thread "Math's Nerdy Reputation and Stereotypes Hurt Kids", he found it appropriate to post this:

Originally posted by Dave W.

I might have inadvertently answers the question. Why Men prefer Blondes?

How could you possibly answer that?

It is less distracting than menstrual gel.

Classy.

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Edited by - podcat on 10/17/2011 23:34:47
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:44:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

I was responding to the fact that justintime thinks that FGM is not living room conversation, but in the thread "Math's Nerdy Reputation and Stereotypes Hurt Kids", he found it appropriate to post this:

Originally posted by Dave W.

I might have inadvertently answers the question. Why Men prefer Blondes?

How could you possibly answer that?

It is less distracting than menstrual gel.

Classy.

Thank you podcat. I did not have classy in mind but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  19:10:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justintime, please describe in detail the parts of Christianity about which you think Dawkins is ignorant that make a stronger case for faith.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  05:22:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

justintime wrote:
The problem with Dawkins is he is a evolutionary biologist and not a religious/Biblical scholar.
And this is a problem because...? You seem to be suggesting that only experts on religion can criticize religion. That's absurd.
Absurd yes, but since he insists on expert criticism I suggest reading Bart Ehrman.

And I too am waiting for the answer to DaveW's question which has now been asked for the third time.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  10:56:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I got it and I know I'm not the only other. Chefcrsh was spot on.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:21:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I watched Dawkins on The Fox News debating Bil O'Reilly( Dawkins failed miserably). Dawkin's 4 horsemen with Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens and his The God Delusion.

The problem with Dawkins position is trying to explain everything through Darwinism.

Dawkins is against a personal god but admits Einsteins reference to god is acceptable.

I don't know if just an attack on creationist is really an attack on God, religion, Christianity. especially if when the answer is Darwinism which is just an Evolution Theory.

Dawkins respects the laws of physics but cannot explain why or who created it. Dawkins sees religion as having most successfully evolved with human evolution and yet cannot answer why Natural selection played a part in this.

Dawkins sees religion as mostly good, that it frees us from pure Darwinism but is against the fanatics and extreme aspects of religion which he admits is a small portion of what religion teaches.

Dawkins cannot explain the Altruism that human society exhibits a quality which only applied to kinship in pure Darwinian evolution. Yet Altruism is more prevalent in modern societies even among strangers.

Dawkins rejects the purposeful life that religion teaches and is rather comfortable finding purpose in writing books. So there is no higher purpose in Dawkins life or aspiration. Just selling books is the most one can see in this self directed atheist.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.