Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 Mayan documantary: New pictures released...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  11:54:08  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... they also claim Stephen Hawkins is on their side and has spoken in support about this documentary will reveal all.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=678294

The diretor claims that Stephen Hawkins is going to be in the film and give support, and that the photo in question was only showed once in a magazine ad was supressed "by the goverment of England"

It looks like he might be right.

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  11:58:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

It looks like he might be right.

No. It does not look that way. He's wrong. You're wrong. Period.

To the mods: Could something be done to stop this guy from clogging up the forum with new stupid topic after new stupid topic? He's been proven to be wrong in every way possible, yet he continues...

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:00:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, Flan, I don't think you should be allowed to introduce a new topic until you address all the questions posed to you about previous topics. When you can't convince people that a topic is true, you bring up a new topic. I'm really starting to wonder if you are a troll

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:05:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How is it wrong. No one has seen the picture in question. This news piece was released on Wednesday. How comes Stephen Hawkins has yetto come out and counter those claims or why has no archaelogist come out to debunked these cllaims. Read the article and look at the group they will be using;

According to Meija, "The creative style is not consistent with the civilizations that inhabited the southern coast of Guatemala prior to the arrival of the Spaniards … It is indisputably pre-Olmec and pre-Maya … [O]ne can assign an age between 3500 and 5000 BC."

Mejia is a licensed archaeologist affiliated with the Atlas Arqueological de Guatemala and the Institute of Anthropology and History in Guatemala, and with the University of San Carlos. His statement was written in Spanish; TheWrap had it translated.

Mejia goes on to compare it to other monuments, including "the Moais of Easter Island," "the Pascual Abaj monument ... in Guatemala" and "the Great Sphinx in Egypt." He said it was "created by an extraordinary and superior civilization" that "settled in the south of Guatemala and from there shone its light and knowledge on the hunter gatherers who were its first students and received its teachings."

Mejia is a professional in his field. He knows what he talking about. Not to mention the goverment themselves will be involved in this:
Julia-Levy (right) said that Mejia is part of an international team of archaeologists and other professionals assembled by the filmmakers because they are "willing to tell the world the truth" about the Mayan/alien connection.

"We have a gang of archaeologists and scholars and scientists that are going to come forward and show everything they have," he said.

And, he swears, governments will do the same.

"I was told by the officials that the Mayans and the extra-terrestrials had a history of exchange," he said. "This is official. This is as official as it can get."

Added Julia-Levy, "The world hasn’t seen this. Nobody has seen this. But there's no doubt in my mind that the world is ready fo the truth.

"This is going to create a worldwide impact in how people see things."

Shit you guys, this is quite shocking.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:10:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How is it wrong. No one has seen the picture in question. This news piece was released on Wednesday. How comes Stephen Hawkins has yetto come out and counter those claims or why has no archaelogist come out to debunked these cllaims. Read the article and look at the group they will be using;

According to Meija, "The creative style is not consistent with the civilizations that inhabited the southern coast of Guatemala prior to the arrival of the Spaniards … It is indisputably pre-Olmec and pre-Maya … [O]ne can assign an age between 3500 and 5000 BC."

Mejia is a licensed archaeologist affiliated with the Atlas Arqueological de Guatemala and the Institute of Anthropology and History in Guatemala, and with the University of San Carlos. His statement was written in Spanish; TheWrap had it translated.

Mejia goes on to compare it to other monuments, including "the Moais of Easter Island," "the Pascual Abaj monument ... in Guatemala" and "the Great Sphinx in Egypt." He said it was "created by an extraordinary and superior civilization" that "settled in the south of Guatemala and from there shone its light and knowledge on the hunter gatherers who were its first students and received its teachings."

Mejia is a professional in his field. He knows what he talking about. Not to mention the goverment themselves will be involved in this:
Julia-Levy (right) said that Mejia is part of an international team of archaeologists and other professionals assembled by the filmmakers because they are "willing to tell the world the truth" about the Mayan/alien connection.

"We have a gang of archaeologists and scholars and scientists that are going to come forward and show everything they have," he said.

"I was told by the officials that the Mayans and the extra-terrestrials had a history of exchange," he said. "This is official. This is as official as it can get."

Added Julia-Levy, "The world hasn’t seen this. Nobody has seen this. But there's no doubt in my mind that the world is ready fo the truth.

Why are you assuming that Hawking has any time to refute every batshit insane idea that uses his name?

The quote in the material is very telling. It takes Hawking completely out of context. It is shocking how badly they took it out of context.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:13:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I was attending training one time, we were all talking about the previous night's television. They were watching Dancing With The Stars. I was watching a program on supermassive black holes in the center of galaxies. Interestingly, the black holes are detected by their pull on nearby stars, in effect, they are dancing with their neighboring stars

Coincidence... or Conspiracy?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:20:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look at the article in question properly and examine the ddetails given. This is hard evidence that they are brining out.
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:26:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Why are you assuming that Hawking has any time to refute every batshit insane idea that uses his name?

The quote in the material is very telling. It takes Hawking completely out of context. It is shocking how badly they took it out of context.

"'I warn humanity that aliens are out there. Just because the aliens were friends with the Mayans doesn't mean they are our friends. Humans should avoid contact with aliens at all costs.'"

Its not the same as what he said earliee this year. Its a different quote.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:37:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Look at the article in question properly and examine the ddetails given. This is hard evidence that they are brining out.

Emphasis mine - fripp

<silly nitpicking>

Are ddetails similar to details except that they are spread across two dimensions (ours and Dimension Number Nine (echoes))?

And why are they submerging them in a brine tank? Does that facilitate dimension cross-tunneling?

BTW, the Dimension Nine(echoes) Overlords just kicked some Dimension Eight(echoes, but not as much as for Nine{echoes}) butt.

<end silly nitpicking>

Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:38:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Baloney. Raul Julia-Levy is a actor and filmmaker; AND he has his film, yet to be made, to promote. I see nothing other than name-dropping (Hawking), hyperbole, and grand standing with his "extra-terrestrial" claim. This is jusat a half-baked warmed-over version of Erich von Daniken if I ever saw one.
The lack of Stephen Hawking addressing this connection means absolutely nothing.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Edited by - Randy on 10/28/2011 12:45:49
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Its not the same as what he said earliee this year. Its a different quote.
I doubt Steven Hawking said it at all.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:47:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nope. It isn't.

It's unsupported twaddle.

The Moais of Easter Island were part of an elaborate religious mechanism that was in full swing due to the impending collapse of the society. This was based on their inopportune use of the natural resources available to them and over-population of the island. The Sphinx was also man made. Given that there are multiple examples of Sphinxes in their archetecture of that time, it is foolish to suggest that it is extraterrestrial in nature. The Sphinx is a combination of the lion (of which the ancient Egyptians were well aware of) and the face of a Pharoh. The lion had a reputation as a fierce and aggressive creature. The Pharohs used this in building the sphinxes to further suggest that they shared this creature's fierceness and resolve.

All the information I can glean from other writings by Hector Mejia indicate that the "superior" civilization was not from Guatemala but not that far advanced from the hunter-gatherers of the time. We are talking about a civilization that had it's own influences and rudimentary technology which, while superior to the indigenous people, was not superior to the current day technology. His work is being taken out of context just like the Hawking quote.

Or do you mean "properly" as during a night of heavy drinking?

Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  12:57:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by alienist

You know, Flan, I don't think you should be allowed to introduce a new topic until you address all the questions posed to you about previous topics. When you can't convince people that a topic is true, you bring up a new topic. I'm really starting to wonder if you are a troll

At least when he posts this at BAUT, he's learned to ask the qualifying question, "Is this really the sign of a shocking neew revelation or just a publicity stunt." Of course, that forum is tightly moderated, and he's (so far) avoided a ban by heeding the moderators' advice and stepping out from behind his blind links.
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  13:00:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your not looking at properly.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  13:04:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your not looking at properly.

Sez you.

How do you suggest that we look at this "properly"?

Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  13:12:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By getting someone to suck your bare toes! Yummy.
Edited by - flanagan1000 on 10/28/2011 13:12:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.