Have you ever cast a spell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  11:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you ever cast a spell.. I have in fact my most recent and one that is close to my heart had to do with my cat Starr. I have four cats completly inside and one day she was missing. Have tow teenage boys and a three year we quickly determined she had gotten out the front door on food shopping day.
I was beside myself ny animals are true companions to me an in particular because she is the most loving. My three year loves to give her chirpractic treatments at least three times a day and the cat takes it like a trooper. Everyday every night we went out each time ending with me and my daughter in tears.. My husband made signs we called around. Nothing. Finall after a few days I decided to cast a spell. I took a picture of her and went out back at night my three year old accompananing me. Starr Starr please come back your are favorite Kitty cat. We repated this three times then lit the picture on fire calling on Bast the Cat goddess to bring her back.
The next morning I was getting ready for work 5 a.m. when my husband calls me into the bathroom and says sassy listen under the window.. I listen and what do I hear but Starr..Now I can here everyone of yor answers to this in my head and that has nothing to do with thought transference
I do not believe my spell had to do with the supernatural but the natural. The natural ability to harness our thoughts to contols the outcome. My desire to have my cat back.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  13:45:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Storm

Have you ever cast a spell.. I have in fact my most recent and one that is close to my heart had to do with my cat Starr. I have four cats completly inside and one day she was missing. Have tow teenage boys and a three year we quickly determined she had gotten out the front door on food shopping day.
I was beside myself ny animals are true companions to me an in particular because she is the most loving. My three year loves to give her chirpractic treatments at least three times a day and the cat takes it like a trooper. Everyday every night we went out each time ending with me and my daughter in tears.. My husband made signs we called around. Nothing. Finall after a few days I decided to cast a spell. I took a picture of her and went out back at night my three year old accompananing me. Starr Starr please come back your are favorite Kitty cat. We repated this three times then lit the picture on fire calling on Bast the Cat goddess to bring her back.
The next morning I was getting ready for work 5 a.m. when my husband calls me into the bathroom and says sassy listen under the window.. I listen and what do I hear but Starr..Now I can here everyone of yor answers to this in my head and that has nothing to do with thought transference
I do not believe my spell had to do with the supernatural but the natural. The natural ability to harness our thoughts to contols the outcome. My desire to have my cat back.
About two months ago my roommate left the screen door open, while bringing in some groceries, and my cat, Boris Catenov ran out. Of course, my roommate didn't notice.

Now, my cat is the silent type. And he doesn't have any tags, being an indoor cat. And he's an incredibly good looking tuxedo cat with white toes. Anyhow, I was bummed. But there is something I know about cats. If they don't get hit by a car, and someone doesn't decide to "adopt" it, the likelihood is that they will return. Boris gave me a real scare, because he didn't come back that night or the next. I figured he was gone. I figured someone took him in. Anyhow, after pretty much giving up, and wondering if I should remove the cat box and get used to Boris not being around, I heard a strange sound outside my window. It was a meow that I had not heard before from Boris. As I said, he's the silent type. I doubted it was Boris, but I looked anyhow. Sure enough, he was done wandering, and wanted in. But he wouldn't come in if I was at the door. And he moved away when I tried to pick him up. So I had to leave the door open, and let him wander in by himself. Once in, his fear was gone and he was back to normal.

Loose indoor cats tend to hide nearby. They will hide from their owners. So calling them is usually useless. What happens is they become fearful of being "caught."

I burned nothing. I cast no spells. In fact, I had stopped looking for him. I figured he might turn up, because that has been my experience, but beyond that I did nothing.

This behavior is normal for cats. They are really good at finding their way back home. Plus, they usually don't wander very far from home. My last cat did the same thing.

I guess what I'm saying Storm, is there was nothing unusual about your cat leaving or your cat coming back. If you had burned nothing at all, if you had done nothing at all, your cat would have probably returned.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  16:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great topic.

Storm, what would be your thinking if you cat hadn't come back?

In my past, 2001, I had a very special cat named Tippy. He was 100% black, wiskers and all. Except for his toe tips. Some toes were separated by black fur but a few weren't. His name was going to be either Tippy or Spats. Anyway, I was living on a boat, he was able to go and come as we wished but always stayed about. One day it dawned on me I hadn't see him for two days. The next morning, early, I took off to the animal shelters close to me. There were three. He was found 20 miles away 3 days before. I walked into the kennel area and called for him. He started screaming VERY loud in reply. The worker was shocked to witness it. To my horror he was scheduled to be put down if I didn't collect him that day. The lesson here is every pet owner who is missing a pet should go to all the shelters you can in your area, every few days. Not all pets are adopted by whoever finds them but possibly brought to a close shelter by unsuspecting good doers. With the first two stories, if your pet ended up in a shelter they could possibly be put down after a few days and the owners would be clueless to their fate. Always check your shelters, don't just wait and/or just put up signs. Burning paper is to useless to even address. No natter what's written on it or said while doing it, IMO.

CHECK YOUR SHELTERS every couple days, ALWAYS. Whenever you loose something, if you don't look for it how do you expect to find it?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  13:05:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup. I have.

Not for this bushwa, but I have. More as a way to engage my subconscious to shed a bad habit/mental hangup or acquire a desirable habit/mental discipline.

I have used fire in those highly personal ceremonies to break mental lingages. I have burned wedding pictures to break the mental association I had with the person.

For lost pet location, I usually use a "if I was a dog what would I find interesting?" sort of search parameter. (I'm not a cat person.)

I have found my lost pets in this manner. It was typically, sumidjit left the gate open, dog was curious and went out exploring then got lost. Max radius 1 block.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  06:54:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
one thing is i always checked a shelter. beleive me i am the office manager of an Animal hospital now for 10 years. some cats come back some do not. I do not know if the cat would have come back if i did not cast a spell. There really is no telling.
another time i ast a spell was when we had a very ill puppy at the office. he had what resembled lymes.. his limbs were stiff. through numerous therapy medicine he would not get better. my co worker was beside herself. So i asked permission to cast a spell She agreed. i took a picture and went home with it. my daughter went outside said a few words then burnt the picture. The next day i came in and made a collar for him inscribed on it the words ABRACADABRA. the dog recovered fully. Is it coincidence/ how can we tell. Do i think it is mumbo jumbo? no.

Valiant Dancer u never answered me. What do you think ghosts are and what is your experience with them?
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  06:59:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

one thing is i always checked a shelter. beleive me i am the office manager of an Animal hospital now for 10 years. some cats come back some do not. I do not know if the cat would have come back if i did not cast a spell. There really is no telling.
another time i ast a spell was when we had a very ill puppy at the office. he had what resembled lymes.. his limbs were stiff. through numerous therapy medicine he would not get better. my co worker was beside herself. So i asked permission to cast a spell She agreed. i took a picture and went home with it. my daughter went outside said a few words then burnt the picture. The next day i came in and made a collar for him inscribed on it the words ABRACADABRA. the dog recovered fully. Is it coincidence/ how can we tell. Do i think it is mumbo jumbo? no.

Valiant Dancer u never answered me. What do you think ghosts are and what is your experience with them?

I did, check the other thread. But you have yet to explain how conjecture and uninvestigated phenomenon are relevant to scientific study.

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  07:47:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Conjecture is your beginning of a hypothesis. such things have been investigated but in the wrong way. these people like TAPS like ghost hunters international all go about it the wrong way. they are still under the impression life goes on after death (not that i don't know if it does) they feel these souls are trapped. Forever to walk the walls of alcatraz or look for their head in a tower. Who, if the scientific thought is ghosts are hog wash, is going to take on a serious investigation/ i say move into a so called haunted house for at least a year. monitoring temp, phenomena, humidity, time, moon, phase, astronomical, etc...
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  12:05:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Conjecture is your beginning of a hypothesis. such things have been investigated but in the wrong way. these people like TAPS like ghost hunters international all go about it the wrong way. they are still under the impression life goes on after death (not that i don't know if it does) they feel these souls are trapped. Forever to walk the walls of alcatraz or look for their head in a tower. Who, if the scientific thought is ghosts are hog wash, is going to take on a serious investigation/ i say move into a so called haunted house for at least a year. monitoring temp, phenomena, humidity, time, moon, phase, astronomical, etc...

No, conjecture is not the beginning of hypothesis.

Hypothesis relates to causal relationships by building on established scientific study and/or study of empirical evidence. These are then submitted to scientific peers where they are vetted.

Conjecture is a wild assed guess based on feelings, fiction, and fancy. While a blind squirrel may find the occassional nut, the causal relationship is never accurate.

Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  12:01:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Conjecture a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved. When the ancients looked to the sky they observed the stars movements, etc...how do you think they first started with there reasons for thee movements or phases. They conjectured yen they observed.. while the stars are easier to figure out than ghostly phenomena we shpould still try.. the only thing that stops us from trying is that most scientists and skeptics are determined ghosts are mumbo jumbo.. all mediums are fake... Ghost hunters themselves are ridiculous... yelling in the dark at unseen phenomena. they claim that they hear these voices on evp but i would not doubt its their own minds answering back. no wonder no one will do serious investigations.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  12:50:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Conjecture a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved. When the ancients looked to the sky they observed the stars movements, etc...how do you think they first started with there reasons for thee movements or phases. They conjectured yen they observed.. while the stars are easier to figure out than ghostly phenomena we shpould still try.. the only thing that stops us from trying is that most scientists and skeptics are determined ghosts are mumbo jumbo.. all mediums are fake... Ghost hunters themselves are ridiculous... yelling in the dark at unseen phenomena. they claim that they hear these voices on evp but i would not doubt its their own minds answering back. no wonder no one will do serious investigations.

No Storm the problem is that they have been doing studies for ages and THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW US. Not only that but the studies that do show something have either been proven to be outright intentional frauds or so full of bias and ineptitude that they can barely pass a sniff test. Just because you have not bothered to look for this information does not mean it isnt there. Go read a Houdini bio or something. Or pick up a Skeptical Inquirerer sometime they cover this stuff every month.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  14:13:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey read I've about houidini and I also get the Skeptical Inquirer. but remember Houidni was looking from messages from dead people!!! Proof especially when it came to his mother that there was life after death. the only research done is still under the geise that humans survive bodily death. That is not what i am saying. do your research!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  16:36:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hey read I've about houidini and I also get the Skeptical Inquirer. but remember Houidni was looking from messages from dead people!!!
Did Houdini find any such messages?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  17:24:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nope. he only told his wife the message and she went to many psychics looking for the message. i believe ghosts are imprints we leave on the environment while living and get interrputed by sensitives... not proof of life after death
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.