Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  08:43:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by jamalrapper

Jesus had to sacrifice himself.
Not much of a sacrifice, since he knew he'd be resurrected.

I'm not particularly enamored of barbaric death cults, anyway.

ETA: And "the father" is one sick bastard for demanding the blood and torture of his own son.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  09:08:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

ETA: And "the father" is one sick bastard for demanding the blood and torture of his own son.

Are you confusing American foreign policy with that of god. US army creates killing fields in countries against farmers armed with rifles. And starts retreating when those rifles start finding their mark. With a military budget of 700 billion dollars. What they forgot was those darn farmers will shoot back if you occupy their country.

That is why there are so many Christians in America. Man!! America needs to be saved and educated. I am doing that one skeptic forum at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  09:30:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are you confusing American foreign policy with that of god.
No, you're just distracting away from the diseased tyranny of the Christian god.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  09:35:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are you confusing American foreign policy with that of god. US army creates killing fields in countries against farmers armed with rifles. And starts retreating when those rifles start finding their mark. With a military budget of 700 billion dollars. What they forgot was those darn farmers will shoot back if you occupy their country.

That is why there are so many Christians in America. Man!! America needs to be saved and educated. I am doing that one skeptic forum at a time.

But according to the Bible, you aren't supposed to.

Jesus says this directly in Matthew 10:5-7.

Unless there are Jews here, you aren't supposed to try to save them.

Why do you not follow the words of your Lord, Jesus the Christ?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  10:39:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

You are so ignorant about the mission of Christ and Christians it is pathetic. So what did you base your anti-christian sentiments on?

Have you heard of Evangelicals? Have you heard of Exorcism?

We are bearers of good news and exorcise those possessed by the monkey devil. The task in huge and the waiting line for redemption is long. Fortunately for the Internet we are able to reach a larger number of people especially those very needy locked in doubt and despair on skeptic forums. Hallelujah!!!!
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  10:41:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by moakley

Jesus begins to explain to his disciples the gloom and doom awaiting the world "what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Yes it is a famous verse many use to question Jesus fallacy. But a lot gets lost in translation and skipping verses.
He describes a lot of events that will come to pass in direct response to the question of his disciples Mt 24:3. Still addressing his disciples all the way through

• Mt 24.33 "even though when you see these things you will know that it is near, right at the door." Still talking to his disciples.

• Mt 24:34 "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Still talking to his disciples.

• Mt 24:42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." Still talking to his disciples.

Yep. Just another apopcalypticist.

You forget the Rapture, moakley.
No, I haven't forgotten the Rapture. Even now I have Blondie's 1981 hit playing in my head.

It is not all gloom and doom. Imagine receiving salvation, redemption and eternal life in one momentous rapture.

I see barbecue in your future moakley. One overdone bugger.
There is always fear to keep the faithful in line. Otherwise, it's essentially a silly argument.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  12:35:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You are so ignorant about the mission of Christ and Christians it is pathetic. So what did you base your anti-christian sentiments on?

We are bearers of good news and exorcise those possessed by the monkey devil. The task in huge and the waiting line for redemption is long. Fortunately for the Internet we are able to reach a larger number of people especially those very needy locked in doubt and despair on skeptic forums. Hallelujah!!!!

Really?

As one that was practicing for 20 years and reading the Bible from cover to cover seven times, I pretty much know what I'm writing about. Unless you have other passages, your argument fails.

The fact that I have converted from Christianity to Wicca only means it is not my path.

My sentiments are not anti-Christian. They are merely pointing out the specific passage where Jesus told the Disciples not to try to convert the Gentiles. There is something deliciously ironic that you miss that.

I have hear of exorcisms. My brother does those as part of his branch of the Bob Larsen Ministries. I am familiar with the Evangelical branch of Christianity which you show signs of being part of a radical subsect.

When your rantings take a turn towards the "Sinscreaming" game that extremists play, you really aren't going to convert anyone. If anything, you are wasting your time here. Eventually, you will become abusive enough where the moderators will bounce you out of here.

Locked in doubt and despair? I'm not seeing that here. Perhaps you might look elsewhere for that.

I will ask you again, why do you not follow the expressed statements of Jesus, the Christ in Matthew 10:5-7?

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  13:29:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why do so many people write as if jamalrapper is some kind of Christian? With his potty-mouth and lack of goodly personal traits like truthfullness, honesty, humility, he can't possibly be one.

He is a just a troll, and since he realised he can use religion and the bible to get an argument out of his, he's using it as bait. Nothing more.
jamalrapper can't possibly be as stupid and ignorant as he's playing out to be, because then he wouldn't know how to start up his web-browser.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

jamalrapper
Sockpuppet

213 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  13:51:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send jamalrapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Really?

As one that was practicing for 20 years and reading the Bible from cover to cover seven times, I pretty much know what I'm writing about. Unless you have other passages, your argument fails.

The fact that I have converted from Christianity to Wicca only means it is not my path.

My sentiments are not anti-Christian. They are merely pointing out the specific passage where Jesus told the Disciples not to try to convert the Gentiles. There is something deliciously ironic that you miss that.

I have hear of exorcisms. My brother does those as part of his branch of the Bob Larsen Ministries. I am familiar with the Evangelical branch of Christianity which you show signs of being part of a radical subsect.

When your rantings take a turn towards the "Sinscreaming" game that extremists play, you really aren't going to convert anyone. If anything, you are wasting your time here. Eventually, you will become abusive enough where the moderators will bounce you out of here.

Locked in doubt and despair? I'm not seeing that here. Perhaps you might look elsewhere for that.

I will ask you again, why do you not follow the expressed statements of Jesus, the Christ in Matthew 10:5-7?

That is taken out of context. The message in Mathew 10:5-7 was a specific mission to first preach to the Jews the people of the covenant with god. The time to teach the gentiles was not yet upon them.

But Jesus left Christians his mission after his departure. As Christians to spread the gospel to all the world.

I wish you did not leave your faith. A better understand of the scriptures might have kept your faith stronger.

You should look at where UK is heading with their pagan shit. First it was the monarchy, then the monkey believers, then andrew wakefield. Now leaving the Eu and preaching austerity. An empire long declined. A study in extreme contradictions.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  11:50:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Really?

That is taken out of context. The message in Mathew 10:5-7 was a specific mission to first preach to the Jews the people of the covenant with god. The time to teach the gentiles was not yet upon them.

But Jesus left Christians his mission after his departure. As Christians to spread the gospel to all the world.

I wish you did not leave your faith. A better understand of the scriptures might have kept your faith stronger.

You should look at where UK is heading with their pagan shit. First it was the monarchy, then the monkey believers, then andrew wakefield. Now leaving the Eu and preaching austerity. An empire long declined. A study in extreme contradictions.

Hmmmm.

Completely devoid of evidence or passages.

I must logically conclude that you ignored the request and therefore it has no basis in fact nor evidenced by the document.

I understood it fine. But now you are banned for being a sockpuppet.

Byebye, justin.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasPellet
Sockpuppet

4 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  14:24:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ThomasPellet a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Really?

Hmmmm.

I must logically conclude that you ignored the request and therefore it has no basis in fact nor evidenced by the document.

Byebye, justin.

Try Mark 16:15 you fucking asshole

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Fucking bunch of cowards. You dumb fucks cannot shut out someone and claim victory. Learn to face your nemesis. You godless bunch of cock sucking retards.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  16:29:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThomasPellet

Fucking bunch of cowards. You dumb fucks cannot shut out someone and claim victory.
Who is claiming victory? Your inability to argue logically and in good faith makes us all losers.
Learn to face your nemesis.
Go start a blog (Blogger, Wordpress, Blog.com, TypePad, whatever), send me an email telling me the URL, and I'll be happy to come over to your place, play by your rules, and link to it here.

But just to be clear: you are not welcome here.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  19:29:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThomasPellet

Really?

Hmmmm.

Byebye, justin.

Try Mark 16:15 you fucking asshole

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Fucking bunch of cowards. You dumb fucks cannot shut out someone and claim victory. Learn to face your nemesis. You godless bunch of cock sucking retards.

Matthew 10:14

You still ignore the passages you don't like.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  05:15:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys probably should stop arguing with the banned guy. Wait until he starts his blog.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  06:24:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a lot more relaxing to argue with him now...

JAMAL YOU'RE WRONG!

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.