Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Social Issues
 What is the non-religious view on prosititution?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  04:25:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I'm interested to know what the official stances of atheist organisations are on this subject and their "reasoning" behind forming these moral positions.

Individual opinions (with justification) also welcome.

While I most certainly can not speak for any sort of organization I will tell you how I feel about it.

I worked out the numbers and came to the conclusion that it is cheaper than marriage.

My figures are based on these assumptions. I used the cost of my own wedding, which was $20,000. I am figuring a prostitute would cost an average of $300 a pop. If I hired a prostitute every two weeks that would come to $7200 a year. That is nearly 3 years I could get a prostitute for the cost of one wedding! You wouldn't have to feed her, cloth her, or house her. It would be cheaper in the long run.

I should have thought about this when I was younger. I have too much invested now to see any savings. Divorces are more expensive than weddings.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  05:39:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I'm interested to know what the official stances of atheist organisations are on this subject and their "reasoning" behind forming these moral positions.

Individual opinions (with justification) also welcome.

While I most certainly can not speak for any sort of organization I will tell you how I feel about it.

I worked out the numbers and came to the conclusion that it is cheaper than marriage.

My figures are based on these assumptions. I used the cost of my own wedding, which was $20,000. I am figuring a prostitute would cost an average of $300 a pop. If I hired a prostitute every two weeks that would come to $7200 a year. That is nearly 3 years I could get a prostitute for the cost of one wedding! You wouldn't have to feed her, cloth her, or house her. It would be cheaper in the long run.

I should have thought about this when I was younger. I have too much invested now to see any savings. Divorces are more expensive than weddings.

but you won't be adding her income to yours either, the correct answer is to become a pimp.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.