Do You Know This Face? (124)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  11:20:54  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If you know this Face, please post the name below.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  01:58:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint #1: This persons Wikipedia page has been removed for "lack of notability." Pretty shoddy treatment for a notable figure in the movement, if you ask me.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  09:38:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Debbie Goddard.

(Does Googling up a page like this count as cheating?)

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  10:05:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Debbie Goddard.

You are correct! You must have gotten that one by systematically looking up people, and seeing who's not in Wikipedia?

Debbie Goddard is the campus outreach coordinator at the Center for Inquiry Transnational. She's also the director of African Americans for Humanism, and has a Facebook page here.

And no, that's not cheating, it's using your head!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  10:58:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Debbie Goddard.

I don't understand the question.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:31:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

You must have gotten that one by systematically looking up people, and seeing who's not in Wikipedia?
No, the page I linked to says:
The Debbie Goddard Wikipedia page was flagged for notability Sept 2011. Without a lot of improvement the page will soon be removed. 117 hits Dec 2011. Reading over the talk page for Goddard it seems that its deletion is only waiting until the editor remembers it was supposed to be pulled down months ago.
And clicking through to Wikipedia showed her page to be absent. Two plus two.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:32:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, plus I knew what most of the other women on that page look like. I'd never seen Debbie Goddard before today.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:46:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Debbie Goddard.

Not at all. Mooner gave the clue, you used it to find the answer. I had no idea who kicked off Homeopathy or what he looked like, not that I couldn't find out if I needed to. but It was Mooners clue that led me to the correct answer. Jusy as it did with Dave. No cheating here.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:09:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh, plus I knew what most of the other women on that page look like. I'd never seen Debbie Goddard before today.
That was very cool. Not that there is any requirement tod do so, but I wish more people would explain how they solved the Faces. It's interesting in terms of comparative research techniques. (And might also help me hone my Hints.)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.