Rachel Maddow OWNS Bradlee Dean
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  16:25:24  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you take on the press in this modern age, you might want to check the tapes before making up a lie in order to pursue a phony lawsuit. But fundie rocker Bradlee Dean is obviously too stupid to do that, so he received a legal smackdown!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  01:08:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

When you take on the press in this modern age, you might want to check the tapes before making up a lie in order to pursue a phony lawsuit. But fundie rocker Bradlee Dean is obviously too stupid to do that, so he received a legal smackdown!
That is so rich. Bradlee Dean must be as dumb as he looks and sounds. I wonder if he learned a lesson? Nah.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  05:33:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

That is so rich. Bradlee Dean must be as dumb as he looks and sounds. I wonder if he learned a lesson? Nah.
Yep. Nah, he didn't
"Judges are to enforce the law, not to defend lawbreakers and then award them money,” he said in a statement.

Dean even alleged that Zeldon's behavior was typical of a "woman scorned."
Doesn't appear that Dean knows when to put down the shovel.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  06:53:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poor guy. I'm sure this will diminish him in the eyes of his supporters, and that he will receive no outside financial support in response to this ruling.

Oh, wait, that's how it works in the world I want to live in. Never mind.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:22:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hal

Poor guy. I'm sure this will diminish him in the eyes of his supporters, and that he will receive no outside financial support in response to this ruling.

It's all good! Here's how this works out, the cost for his idiocy will be paid by his supporters idiocy. No intelligent people are harmed.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:24:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Yep. Nah, he didn't
"Judges are to enforce the law, not to defend lawbreakers and then award them money,” he said in a statement.

Dean even alleged that Zeldon's behavior was typical of a "woman scorned."
Doesn't appear that Dean knows when to put down the shovel.
It just gets better and better.

Attacking a judge, especially using sexism in doing so, is not one of the greatest ways to win in the courts. Doesn't tend to set well with appellate courts, unless a great deal of valid evidence is produced. Bradlee Dean already tried bald-faced and easily disproved lies, and those will be part of the court record that would be examined in an appeal.

Judges tend to hate liars, or anyone who disrespects judges. Dean's on a path to lose more and more money, and possibly his freedom, if he lies again. Great entertainment!

Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:42:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Originally posted by Hal

It's all good! Here's how this works out, the cost for his idiocy will be paid by his supporters idiocy. No intelligent people are harmed.

So, here's my plan:

1) Abandon all sense of personal integrity or capacity for shame (working)
2) Take some action that is in sympathy with some right-wing cause that will place me in some legal and financial peril (open to suggestions)
3) Get my predicament blue-lighted on Drudge Report
4) Set up paypal account, watch the $$$ roll in.

Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  20:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see the loser pay here. It's stupid that people sometimes force others to have to pay for legal representation for no reason when there's nothing even close to legally actionable that occurred.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  02:50:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This guy doesn't know when to quit. "YCR and I chose to sue Rachel Maddow and MSNBC and now have voluntarily, for tactical reasons, chosen to drop the suit in DC Superior Court and bring the case to Federal Court. This was my legal strategy, not the Defendants' or the judge's."

Uh, no. You got caught in a lie. But apparently that's the judge's fault.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  03:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This guy doesn't know when to quit. "YCR and I chose to sue Rachel Maddow and MSNBC and now have voluntarily, for tactical reasons, chosen to drop the suit in DC Superior Court and bring the case to Federal Court. This was my legal strategy, not the Defendants' or the judge's."

Uh, no. You got caught in a lie. But apparently that's the judge's fault.
Yipee! These idiots just keep serving up the lies and FAIL!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  05:07:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yep. I bet Dean sees a Fox News interview in his future.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  05:49:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Yep. I bet Dean sees a Fox News interview in his future.

I think he'll end up with a paying job there.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  06:29:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that even Faux News would have him. But that 'Digital Journal' that I linked to seems like it's so far right it couldn't even participate in a NASCAR race.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.