General Skepticism
 Ron Pearson and his "physics of survival"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  09:22:07  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
Recently I came across Ron Pearson's theory about physics of survival.He reject Big Bang,General relativity...actually I'll copy and post it from the link:

"Pearson’s theory is rather obscure and convoluted to read, as evidenced by the fact that his theory has been rejected by most of the scientific community; throwing out benchmarks of physics, such as constant speed of light, relativity, the cosmological constant, etc., and instead utilizing the invention of numerous types of hypothetical energies, e.g. 'positive and negative primaries', 'breeded energies', etc., said to existed and interacted at the start of the universe, along with other mathematical contrivances. "

http://www.eoht.info/page/Ronald+Pearson

Now,that how he explain survival:
“If true a ‘supermind of space’ could create a whole set of matter-systems all co-existing in the same space but tuned to different quantum-wave frequencies. Then fragments of the supermind structure, the ‘sub-minds’, could only tune into one matter-system at a time. Consequently the only reality apparent at any one time would be the one to which a sub-mind is temporarily tuned. When that matter-system became outworn, this sub-mind, being part of the structured sub-quantum fluid, would simply tune into one of the remaining matter-systems and continue to survive. On this basis our brains could well be mere interfacing mechanisms needed to enable the real minds to pilot the body. No justification can exist any longer in postulating that, of necessity, consciousness vanishes on brain death.”

Pearson also, supposedly, shows how dark energy relates to the survival of consciousness.

Any comments?
Sounds like classical pseudoscience,but I'd like to get Your opinions

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  09:46:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick reply from a non-physicist (Pearson's not one, either, rather a mechanical engineer): This has all the usual earmarks of abject crankery. First, a guy outside the field claiming to revolutionize a science. Throwing out well-tested theories like Relativity and the Big Bang, and substituting a lot of unevidenced stuff, especially including special hand-waving about the spookier side of quantum mechanics -- the near-universal touchstone of contemporary cranks, woo-woos and snake-oil salespeople. Throwing in immortality just reveals the likely motivation of wishful thinking for all this nonsense.

My initial impression is that Pearson is a total crackpot. There's gotta be some real evidence for these assertions before anyone should even bother to consider it seriously.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/18/2012 09:48:19
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  11:18:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank You,
Yes,to me it also seems,...suspicious at least...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.