Shape-Shifter Jesus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  02:15:25  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  08:00:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bottom-right one looks like "the" bearded lady.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  11:53:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cesare Borgia!

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  12:30:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know the one in the middle of the bottom-row is one of those probability-based reconstructions, but to me it just says, "mug shot of guy who got busted swapping the price tags between the water and the wine bottles."
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  13:02:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hal

I know the one in the middle of the bottom-row is one of those probability-based reconstructions, but to me it just says, "mug shot of guy who got busted swapping the price tags between the water and the wine bottles."

I think they were just trying to model a First Century Palestinian Jew. If they did a good job, the face would blend into a Jerusalem crowd. But specifically Jesus, no. Only good thing about that one is that it generally shows how unrealistic most Western paintings of Jesus probably are. I mean, aside from it being either too hard or too easy to paint a myth.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  14:07:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hal

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  17:39:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jesus.

Wait, this isn't Do You Know This Face, eh?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  00:27:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Jesus.

Wait, this isn't Do You Know This Face, eh?
Maybe it should be. At lease Kil didn't suggest this Face.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.