Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 What is Bilateral and Radial Symmetry in biology?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  10:43:17  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The reason I ask is related to the previuos topic "Mirror Matter and Souls". Look at his line of argument: "The reason why the body is bilateral symmetric and radial symmetric (coelenterates and echinoderms) is that the body makes a mirror copy of itself. Bilateral symmetry is the most effective symmetry. Fast animals have this symmetry. One side of the body is essentially a mirror copy of the other. This mirror copy will occure because mirror matter (db) is reversed ordinary matter (db)."

Does it even make a sense?...

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  11:43:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Except, the body really isn't symmetrical. If it was, then the organs like the heart, liver, appendix, the stomach and similar would be placed in the exact middle of the body. Heck, even the left and right lung (which are "mirrors" of each other) have distinctly different volumes (the left lung being smaller).

So no, it does not make sense. At least not to me.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  11:49:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moreover,even if body WAS competely symmetrical(which is NOT) - it still has symmetric parts made of ORDINARY matter.
But according to this: "One side of the body is essentially a mirror copy of the other. This mirror copy will occure because mirror matter (db) is reversed ordinary matter (db)."

Fine!According to this logic my left eye is made of ordinary matter,and right one - of mirror matter(or vice versa,who cares?...).The same applies for hands,legs.Pretty idiotic.Unless I missed something...

Edited by - Alexander1304 on 08/24/2012 11:49:52
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  20:32:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it saying that one half of the body is matter and the other is mirror matter, or reversed ordinary matter? Maybe a good start would be to define mirror matter, and how exactly it is reversed. Some organic molecules like glucose for example have enantiomers, or mirror images of the same compound with the exact same chemical formula. This is just not happening because we would already know about it by now, it's so easy to test for.

If he's saying that one half of the body is a mirror copy made from mirror matter that is totally indistinguishable from normal matter, then how is this mirror matter not just ordinary matter.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 08/24/2012 23:26:42
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  07:16:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses, folks.Here are also his ideas that I don't see how they make sense.

"I found that the nerves cross the median line on their way up to the memories of the brain and the chakra of the heart in the copy of the body was situated opposite the physical heart.Here I have two indications that the copy was a mirror copy and consisted of mirror particles."

1.What does physically nerve cross to do with mirror matter copy?
2."Spiritual heart on the right side" - is difficult to say anything concrete,since it is not scientifically established fact.But even it was(for the sake of the argument) - what does it have to do with mirror particles?...

And:
"The memories from the left hemisphere of the brain are situated on the right hemisphere. This is the reason why the nerves cross each other in Medulla oblongata and Corpus callosum."

First,the reason he states is his personal opinion.But the second,and more important: what does it(memories from the left hemisphere of the brain are situated on the right hemisphere) have to do with mirror matter copy?...
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  09:17:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maybe time to start ignoring his ideas

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  14:03:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I concur.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.