Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  09:14:52  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As you probably know, Big Think published on youtube and their site an interview with Bill Nye called Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children.

Ken Ham has responded with this:

Ken Ham Responds to Bill Nye "The Humanist Guy"

So yeah. Aside from the obvious baloney, "Nye doesn't know the difference between historical science vs. observational science," I noticed that comments are disabled for Ham's video and you can't like or dislike his post. Not so with the Bill Nye video and it's been out for more than a week longer and has gone viral. I'm sure Ham's video will go viral too. But hey, what are you afraid of Ken?

Anyhow, once again Ham displays an appalling knowledge of how science works as he accuses Nye of the same. And then there are the Ad-homs. But what's new?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  13:28:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, there's 4:45 of my life I'll never get back. If this was springtime I could sprinkle that video on the rhubarb.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  04:21:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I particularly like " Creationism teaches children that they are special".

I sure wish that comments were enabled. That would be an interesting read.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  11:45:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ham is especially upset because what Nye said is personal to him. Scumbag Ken Ham specializes in the brainwashing of children. That's why, like Kent Hovind did, he uses fake dinosaurs in his "museum." Kids like dinosaurs, and Ham feeds on that fascination. Without even mentioning Ham or his Cretinous Museum, Nye threw his gauntlet directly at Ham's feet. Ham is every bit as determined to defend his intellectual abuse of children as the Catholic hierarchy is in defending the Church's sexual abuse of children.

I'll wager most of the priestly pedophiles also tell their little victims that they are "special."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  15:56:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reminds me of "Ham the chimp", before the first American Astronaut went into space who was Alan Shepard, we sent a chip named Ham. Maybe it was Ken's daddy, there is a resemblance.

Here he is at work.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 09/05/2012 16:00:05
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  12:56:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously, Ken Ham is not the only religious nut who hates Bill Nye.

Bill Nye needs to get out of other people's lives and go jump back in the swamp he crawled out of.

I wonder why a "transitional" fossil has never been found?? If evolution were true there would be tons of them. But there's not even one. Go figure.

All those evolutionist comments at the end of the article are just stupid. What's really stupid is following a schizophrenic man for 150+ years and his mindless ramblings. Here's the mental state of "Ol' Charlie Darwin" the leader of the cult called evolution: http://www.icr.org/article/112/

Jeezus...look at this reply as to what the guy considers "foul" remarks.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 09/07/2012 13:03:03
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  16:21:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Denying transitional fossils has become the denial of a heliocentric solar system for the 20-21st century . . . well, that and denying U2 actually sucks. . . .

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  18:49:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Doctor X
well, that and denying U2 actually sucks. . . .

--J.D.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  20:49:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

. . . well, that and denying U2 actually sucks. . . .
I was thinking about U2 recently. Have I just been in the dark all these years, or do all of their songs have Christian themes? Are they the most-popular "Christian Rock" group ever?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  21:06:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basically, and they have the same chord progression, same drum pattern, over and over and over again. The best summation of them was the Spittin' Image parody 25-odd years ago.

Ah . . . the Magic that is Al Gore's Interwebz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PQft-0VtDE

--J.D.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  22:19:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Basically...
Well, I'm wondering if I'm reading too much into the lyrics. Am I just finding Christian imagery because I expect to, or was it all intended? I doubt that Bono has ever sat down and publicly explained the motivation for every song, and I don't care enough about the question to go hunting for the info. I want to keep on liking some of the sons I enjoyed 25 years ago, but now the Jesus-pushing makes me cringe.
...and they have the same chord progression, same drum pattern, over and over and over again.
I never enjoyed the U2 songs that got a ton of airplay. Their less-popular tunes seem to be less formulaic.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  09:23:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.
Well, I'm wondering if I'm reading too much into the lyrics. Am I just finding Christian imagery because I expect to, or was it all intended? I doubt that Bono has ever sat down and publicly explained the motivation for every song, and I don't care enough about the question to go hunting for the info. I want to keep on liking some of the sons I enjoyed 25 years ago, but now the Jesus-pushing makes me cringe.
U2's Bono interview about Christ:
Bono: There’s nothing hippie about my picture of Christ. The Gospels paint a picture of a very demanding, sometimes divisive love, but love it is. I accept the Old Testament as more of an action movie: blood, car chases, evacuations, a lot of special effects, seas dividing, mass murder, adultery. The children of God are running amok, wayward. Maybe that’s why they’re so relatable. But the way we would see it, those of us who are trying to figure out our Christian conundrum, is that the God of the Old Testament is like the journey from stern father to friend. When you’re a child, you need clear directions and some strict rules. But with Christ, we have access in a one-to-one relationship, for, as in the Old Testament, it was more one of worship and awe, a vertical relationship. The New Testament, on the other hand, we look across at a Jesus who looks familiar, horizontal. The combination is what makes the Cross.

Bono: Religion can be the enemy of God. It’s often what happens when God, like Elvis, has left the building. [laughs] A list of instructions where there was once conviction; dogma where once people just did it; a congregation led by a man where once they were led by the Holy Spirit. Discipline replacing discipleship. Why are you chuckling?

Assayas: I was wondering if you said all of that to the Pope the day you met him.

Bono: Let’s not get too hard on the Holy Roman Church here. The Church has its problems, but the older I get, the more comfort I find there. The physical experience of being in a crowd of largely humble people, heads bowed, murmuring prayers, stories told in stained-glass windows.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/08/2012 09:24:20
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  14:46:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yet another subject which Bono knows little but feels happy to pontificate upon.

--J.D.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  05:00:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is comfort in familiar rituals. And the Roman (or Russian orthodox) Catholics have a long experience to fall back on...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  11:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Altar boys?

What?

--J.D.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  07:15:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dilemma then AND now!

As far as ken is concerned it's "Ham's Dilemma". After all it's Ken Ham who is ignoring all the evidence, continues to lie to children about there not being any evidence and shilling the Bible for the money it brings him promoting that fairytale.

Link

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 09/10/2012 07:16:24
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.