New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  11:59:19  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKmUPEeyYsU

In his own words he states
I hope were interfered with again by the extraterrestrials and this time they help... I hope they say were going to do another genetic thing to you humans just like we did when we we taught you architecture...when suddenly you could lift stones up and build the pyramids...when suddenly you had mathematics and many other things...were going to do that again and this time were gonna help you folks...I hope that happens because then all those dreams that I dont quite have for humanity would come true, and that would be the best surprise that I could get.

I guess David Icke and thinkers alike arent as nutty as you so called skeptics are all too quick to claim.

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: 前ver all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  12:15:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by teched246

I hope were interfered with again by the extraterrestrials and this time they help... I hope they say were going to do another genetic thing to you humans just like we did when we we taught you architecture...when suddenly you could lift stones up and build the pyramids...when suddenly you had mathematics and many other things...were going to do that again and this time were gonna help you folks...I hope that happens because then all those dreams that I dont quite have for humanity would come true, and that would be the best surprise that I could get.

I guess David Icke and thinkers alike arent as nutty as you so called skeptics are all too quick to claim.
I don't think we were too quick to claim that David Icke is a nut case. When he produces a shape shifting alien lizard, we'll take it all back. Deal?

And what makes you think George Carlin wasn't kidding? I think the tip off is, "this time were going to help you folks..." But honestly, If Carlin believed in ancient aliens, so what?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  12:31:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think we were too quick to claim that David Icke is a nut case. When he produces a shape shifting alien lizard, we'll take it all back. Deal?

When you can explain whats in the following texts my definition of present-day skeptics might go from go from pseudo-skeptics to individuals with modicums of common sense

Emerald Tablets of Thoth, TabletVIII

Aye, when the blood was offered,
for they came they to dwell among men.

In the form of man they amongst us,
but only to sight were they as are men.
Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted
but appearing to man as men among men.
Crept they into the Councils,
taking forms that were like unto men.
Slaying by their arts
the chiefs of the kingdoms,
taking their form and ruling o'er man.
Only by magic could they be discovered.
Only by sound could their faces be seen.
Sought they from the Kingdom of shadows
to destroy man and rule in his place.

But, know ye, the Masters were mighty in magic,
able to lift the Veil from the face of the serpent,
able to send him back to his place.
Came they to man and taught him the secret,
the WORD that only a man can pronounce.
Swift then they lifted the Veil from the serpent
and cast him forth from the place among men.

Yet, beware, the serpent still liveth
in a place that is open at times to the world.
Unseen they walk among thee
in places where the rites have been said.
Again as time passes onward
shall they take the semblance of men

and

I saw Watchers in my vision, the dream-vision. Two men were fighting over me...holding a great contest over me. I asked them, 'Who are you, that you are thus empowered over me?' They answered, 'We have been empowered and rule over all mankind.' They said to me, 'Which of us do you choose to rule you?' I raised my eyes and looked. One of them was terrifying in his appearance, like a serpent, his cloak, many-colored yet very dark....And I looked again, and in his appearance, his eyes like a viper

Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  12:37:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But honestly, If Carlin believed in ancient aliens, so what?

You dont call him a nut, whereas Icke and others whose views are virtually identical to his, are labelled as such.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  12:47:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But honestly, If Carlin believed in ancient aliens, so what?

You dont call him a nut, whereas Icke and others whose views are virtually identical to his, are labelled as such.
First off, if Carlin believe in ancient aliens, I would consider him ill informed by those who push that nonsense. See the difference? Carlin wasn't pushing it. Also, there wasn't enough in what he said to convince me that he was that credulous. I'm sure that you are, however.

And exactly where in that quote did Carlin say that there was a great alien/illuminati conspiracy? How can you say that their views were "virtually identical" from that little clip? Talk about confirmation bias!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  12:49:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tip off indicating his seriousness about the matter would be the 'genetic thing' which is a major claim in the ancient alien theory. Sure, he's a comedian, but Carlin isn't known to talk bullshit or entertain crack pot rubbish when he's reporting on matters regarding the human condition.

Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  13:04:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, if Carlin believe in ancient aliens, I would consider him ill informed by those who push that nonsense.

No where in the clip did he state that he was informed by any of the more prominent proponents of the theory. So no, I dont see the difference.

Carlin wasn't pushing it.

Although it wasn't the focal point of his messages to his audience, by aligning himself with this claim and then voicing it he is pushing it in the same context that Icke and others push it.

Also, there wasn't enough in what he said to convince me that he was that credulous.

Your convictions are immaterial in so far as your capacity for denial is as massive as it is.

And exactly where in that quote did Carlin say that there was a great alien/illuminati conspiracy?

On many occasions he has openly claimed that there is a massive conspiracy against the human race and has alluded to nefarious agendas, not to mention the reptillian brain and politicians passing through membranes from other realities

Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  13:20:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whether or not one considers Carlin "a nut" does not detract from the fact that the likes of Icke and other willfully ignorant have nothing.

It really is not terribly complicate.

But . . . you know, as Kil suggested, kindly produce a Lizard.

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  13:34:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

--J.D.

Right after you produce the alleged corpse of Osama Bin Laden. You know, the one that the goverment claims to have simply tossed to the fishes for no good reason. Or even credible testimony from his alleged killers that he was in fact killed in the raid. Oh I forgot, more than half of the seal team in question was killed off in no more than 2-3 weeks after the incident.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  14:06:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

--J.D.

Right after you produce the alleged corpse of Osama Bin Laden. You know, the one that the goverment claims to have simply tossed to the fishes for no good reason. Or even credible testimony from his alleged killers that he was in fact killed in the raid. Oh I forgot, more than half of the seal team in question was killed off in no more than 2-3 weeks after the incident.
I asked first. Plus you are now claiming two conspiracy theories. (Or are they the same one?) I'm claiming none. So it's up to you to provide evidence because the claims are yours. As Humpty Dumpty said; "That's logic."

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  14:10:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right after you produce the alleged corpse of Osama Bin Laden.

Argumentum ad veritatem obfuscandam, son. YOU are the one who claims Lizard-People [Tm.--Ed.] exist.

I have made no claims regarding Osama Bin Laden that I am aware of.

So, since you have, basically, nothing, you like to vomit random claims without evidence hoping no one will notice you have no evidence? In other words, you are weaker than most evidence unravaged conspiracy theorist.

So . . . until YOU who claim the Lizard People [Available on Blue-Ray!--Ed.] provide . . . what is that word? Oh yes! "Evidence" I shall regretfully conclude that you prove an particularly unamusing waste of time.

Perhaps, instead, you can provide the evidence that rancid ravenous rabid rectal rodents have ceased ransacking your pillars of Morgani.

I mean . . . all of these months . . . and yet you STILL do not provide the evidences!!11!

Have you considered a sitz bath? Mayhaps a stool softener? Education?

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  18:14:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you can explain whats in the following texts my definition of present-day skeptics might go from go from pseudo-skeptics to individuals with modicums of common sense
The explanation is simple and chock-full of common sense: the "Emerald Tablets of Thoth" are fictional.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  18:17:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"tossed to the fishes for no good reason" you really doubt that???

There was a very good reason for doing that, it's apparently beyond you to think of what that might be. But really, where did that come from, as having ANYTHING to do with this thread prior to it being thrown out from far left field?

Have you seen Osama's smiling face ever since the raid?
You can't seriously believe he's not dead or was not killed in that raid do you teched246? Really????? Please 'Joe' say it ain't so.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  18:18:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Okay, I'll say it: If the above wasn't satirical, then Carlin was just as nutty and as racist as all the other ancient-alien proponents. Do I get a prize of some sort?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  18:37:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Okay, I'll say it: If the above wasn't satirical, then Carlin was just as nutty and as racist as all the other ancient-alien proponents. Do I get a prize of some sort?
Oh, good grief. I forgot how important context is. I watched the actual video with the context you left out, teched246. He was talking about cynicism and the hopelessness he felt about the freak-show that is the world as we know it, and went on to joke that the only possible way for the world to become less freaky would be if aliens zapped our genes, because we're incapable of doing it ourselves. He most certainly was not stating that he believed any of the ancient alien nonsense, he was just expressing his cynicism with a metaphor that he thought the audience would be familiar with (and the giggling showed that they were).

I've never been a huge fan of Carlin's brand of humor, but he's obviously too subtle for you.

(But still, if he really did believe that racist crappola, then yes, he was just as nutty as all the rest of you. Some very smart people have believed some very dumb things, and "Carlin said it, so it can't be nutty" is nothing more than an argument-from-authority fallacy.)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  22:28:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
argumentum ad comedian?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.