Polish "Guy Fawkes" held in parliament bomb plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  23:57:54  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything that's old is new again. Seems attempts to bomb parliaments (and to decapitate governments) didn't go out of fashion with Guy Fawkes:
(CNN) -- Polish authorities said Tuesday they've broken up a plot to bomb Parliament, arresting two people and recovering enough materials to make a 4-ton bomb.

The investigation began with an analysis of the Internet shopping list of convicted Norwegian extremist Anders Breivik.

The primary suspect is a university lecturer with expertise in explosives who told police he wanted to bomb Parliament with the president, prime minister and other officials in attendance, according to Piotr Kosmaty, the spokesman for the appellate prosecutor's office in Krakow.

Nationalist and anti-Semitic interests motivated the 45-year-old chemist, who was not part of any particular party or movement, Kosmaty said. Police arrested the man November 9. His identity was not released.

During the arrest, police found guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, body armor and materials that could be used to make a bomb, including fuses, detonators and other materials, according to Lt. Col. Maciej Karczynski, a spokesman for the Internal Security Service.

. . .

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/21/2012 07:26:29

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:31:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you own a gun, having "hundreds of rounds" for it is on par for the course. When I go to target practice, I spend between 50 and 100 rounds during a session. A thousand rounds constitute two months worth of practice.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:43:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

If you own a gun, having "hundreds of rounds" for it is on par for the course. When I go to target practice, I spend between 50 and 100 rounds during a session. A thousand rounds constitute two months worth of practice.

I agree totally. On the other hand, four tons of explosive material is a bit much for removing the tree stumps in your back yard.

What's most interesting in the article is that it appears neo-Nazis in various countries are in close contact and are are exchanging bomb-making technology and even components.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.