New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  20:48:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I said it was hostile, not offensive. It's confrontational, contemptuous and dismissive.

Which parts, though?

Anyway....welcome to the boards, chitashines. We don't often go off the rails like this.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  22:16:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I said it was hostile, not offensive. It's confrontational, contemptuous and dismissive.
OffC, please be specific. What in the post/quote below is according to you "hostile, confrontational, contemptuous or dismissive". Please point out what you see in the quote below as being the case. If I was wrong "I" will apologize to you or anyone I might have offended, once I am shown my error. I am not perfect, I make mistakes (just like everyone), I will because I was able to do so in the past, here on this forum and not hell bent on denying it. I was not trying to be any of those things you state I was. I was trying to state what I believe is the truth. I believe no one is entitled to their own version of the truth. If I was in error, again, please point it out. Let's clear this up. However I believe I was stating my opinion which I, just like you have the right to do here, on this forum (SFN). Where was I any of the things you feel I was in the post. I have been wrong before and have DIRECTLY apologized to you when I was and I agreed. Be specific but please address the post below seeing how that was the problem post.
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Your post doesn't say much at all, IMO. You claim your a skeptic, well we got people here who claim their skeptics too. They believe in a magical God that loves them and to who they pray to based on no evidence. So forgive me that I'm skeptical that your a skeptic. We really know nothing about you. With what you presented I'm not impressed at all. Let's us see what kind of skeptic you are, as a skeptic what have you done so far if what you say is so? Besides listen to the recording join SFN and open this thread? If that's all you've done your not a skeptic, in my book and Websters book also. I can think of a number of things I would do but I want to know what you have done before I take anything you post seriously.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  00:18:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chitashines

Wow! WTF did I say wrong to deserve all this backlash? I'm just trying to help my cousin out. Why do I have to "prove" myself to be a skeptic on this forum? Just because I just joined this forum doesn't mean I'm a "newbie skeptic." I've been an atheist for 15 years and a skeptic even longer than that. I've thought of all the possible reasons for the noises. As I stated in my OP, maybe my aunt is grunting in her sleep. I asked cousin "Are there dogs in the area?" "Are you sure it's not your mother making those noises?" "Could it be cars going by?" No, I cannot sit in the room and listen for myself because I live 10 hours away. I only came here to see if anybody else had any plausible theories that I'm not thinking of. Just because this is cyberspace, doesn't mean you should leave your manners & rudeness at home. Would you talk to a person face to face like that? Is that how you were raised? A lot of cowards hide behind the internet. Just sayin....
If you took my reply as attacking you I am truly sorry, that really was not my intention. OK?

As a new member I would also like to say welcome to SFN.

Is it possible for us to listen to that recording before I/we comment on what might be going on? With your second post you gave some questions that you asked your cousin, might we know what the replies were? You didn't give any replies to the questions you asked your cousin. Just saying. At least for me, I can not comment with what little I have read, there are to many unknowns but I have no reason so far to believe your cousin has anything to be afraid of that can possibly hurt him/her.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.