Conspiracy Theories
 Did he even exist?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  04:30:20  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Youtube video: Has Adam Lanza even been alive in the last 3 years
There is no online fingerprint of him, video evidence, car insurance, tax information, phone history...there is no proof that Adam Lanza has even been alive for the last 3 years?

The neighbors haven't seen him in years. Nobody who lives around the Lanzas seems to have seen him. The last time there was any record of him at all was 3 years ago.

The FBI apparently can't retrieve the information from his computer it was destroyed so well (how convenient).

So what is more likely: that a computer nerd would leave no digital footprint for 3 years (which would be virtually impossible) or that he has been dead for 3 years?

No record of this kid after 2009, after supposedly attending school at Central Connecticut State University in Danville. Nothing.

Nobody knows him, nobody has seen him, and there is no video or other proof he was alive recently. Why is this guy being treated as the main suspect, again?

His mother was supposedly "so badly disfigured they couldn't tell if it was her or not". Maybe it wasn't her. Maybe she's in Belize right now and this whole thing is a scam?

I guess we're taking the word of Adam's father for collecting his son's body; Adam's father who works for GE Capital, the company that owns NBC. And I guess we're also taking the word of his brother, who is connected to New York finance.

Nobody falls off the grid for 3 years...it doesn't happen.

"For all things have been baptized in the well of eternity and are beyond good
and evil; and good and evil themselves are but intervening shadows and damp
depressions and drifting clouds.Verily, it is a blessing and not a blasphemy
when I teach: 前ver all things stand the heaven Accident, the heaven
Innocence, the heaven Chance, the heaven Prankishness." -Nietzsche

Edited by - teched246 on 05/15/2013 04:39:37

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  06:34:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by teched246

There is no online fingerprint of him, video evidence, car insurance, tax information, phone history...there is no proof that Adam Lanza has even been alive for the last 3 years?

The neighbors haven't seen him in years. Nobody who lives around the Lanzas seems to have seen him. The last time there was any record of him at all was 3 years ago.

The FBI apparently can't retrieve the information from his computer it was destroyed so well (how convenient).

So what is more likely: that a computer nerd would leave no digital footprint for 3 years (which would be virtually impossible) or that he has been dead for 3 years?

No record of this kid after 2009, after supposedly attending school at Central Connecticut State University in Danville. Nothing.

Nobody knows him, nobody has seen him, and there is no video or other proof he was alive recently. Why is this guy being treated as the main suspect, again?

His mother was supposedly "so badly disfigured they couldn't tell if it was her or not". Maybe it wasn't her. Maybe she's in Belize right now and this whole thing is a scam?

I guess we're taking the word of Adam's father for collecting his son's body; Adam's father who works for GE Capital, the company that owns NBC. And I guess we're also taking the word of his brother, who is connected to New York finance.

I guess the homeless don't count nor does people who live at home with their parents and don't drive or work.

Bullshit. People fall off the grid quite often.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  07:33:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

I guess the homeless don't count nor does people who live at home with their parents and don't drive or work.

Oh ok. New Development in the Newtown, Conneticut massacre: Adam Lanza was homeless for 3 years after leaving school. Adam Lanza was also reported to be living with his mother while he was homeless.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  07:43:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Oh ok. New Development in the Newtown, Conneticut massacre: Adam Lanza was homeless for 3 years after leaving school. Adam Lanza was also reported to be living with his mother while he was homeless.

Nice dodge. I gave two scenarios where it happens. You combined them.

How droll. Any other strawmen you'd like to introduce?

Adam Lanza lived with his mother. No job = eligible to not file. Car insurance? If he was covered under his mother's insurance. But really, how do you know he wasn't insured? As insurance companies have this thing called "privacy agreements" with their clients, why would this information be publically available. Phone? If his mother was paying for it, it would be in her name. (See privacy agreement above)

I'm saying your report is a load of bullshit. Gearing up for a false flag argument?

Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  08:00:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any other strawmen you'd like to introduce

No, the first one was sufficient enough to show your unrealistic scenarios regarding Lanza, to be contradictory in and of themselves. I was only stooping to your level, sheesh.

Adam Lanza lived with his mother.

And your proof for this is __________

Car insurance? If he was covered under his mother's insurance.

Records for the mother's insurance?

As insurance companies have this thing called "privacy agreements" with their clients, why would this information be publically available.

Which are rendered meaningless in light of the FBI's jurisdiction once a suspect in question has commited acts that Lanza was reported to have done.

I'm saying your report is a load of bullshit.
I've made no statements that were false. The information that was requested is not available. The question is why.

Gearing up for a false flag argument?

Perhaps, it's the logical conclusion that the little voice inside you has arrived at, but to dismiss questions simply because you aren't fond of where they may lead isn't skepticism.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  10:56:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
teched, where is your evidence that Lanza was "off the grid for 3 years"?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  11:06:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

teched, where is your evidence that Lanza was "off the grid for 3 years"?

Define "off the grid" and you've answered you question.

Go to Top of Page

teched246
Skeptic Friend

123 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  11:10:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send teched246 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention, the burden of proof isn't on me to prove that he was on the grid. Authorities have made claims about this kid, and the 3 years prior the massacre. As of yet, there is no proof to corroborate any of their claims.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  11:32:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not to mention, the burden of proof isn't on me to prove that he was on the grid. Authorities have made claims about this kid, and the 3 years prior the massacre. As of yet, there is no proof to corroborate any of their claims.

Strange I don't remember any of said "authorities" coming to SFN to make claims.... It seems you are the one who did that, please provide quotes and sources thanks.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  12:50:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Define "off the grid" and you've answered you question.
You're the one who introduced the term, so you define it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  12:57:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The quoted section in the OP makes these claims:
There is no online fingerprint of him, video evidence, car insurance, tax information, phone history...
How does anyone know these things? What evidence should one expect to see to determine that an "online fingerprint" exists? What evidence should one expect to find to say that there is "video evidence" of Lanza? If he didn't drive, why should we expect to see car insurance evidence?

(Why should we, regular citizens, expect to see evidence of his car insurance anyway? It's a private contract between him and his insurer. Can you find evidence that I have car insurance?)

The whole thing is based on the idea that we should be able to snoop on this guy's private life, and that failing to be able to do so implies that he doesn't exist. I see no evidence that these premises are true. Can you present any?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  15:05:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... who is Adam Lanza and why should I care whether he is or isn't alive?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  15:57:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Adam Lanza was the Newtown shooter.

Sandy Hook mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, 'deeply disturbed kid'

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  15:28:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Oh. That is truly tragic. :(

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  07:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Siberia

Originally posted by Kil

Oh. That is truly tragic. :(

And the troll who was whispering in conspiratorial tones concerning Adam Lanza not existing has gone underground again since his little scheme was prematurely rumbled.

Still waiting for answers to the questions posed you concerning this one teched246..... We won't be holding our breath.

Go to Top of Page

Tim Thompson

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  10:48:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Tim Thompson's Homepage Send Tim Thompson a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, actually, the burden of proof is on you. After all, you are the one making the claim that he was "of the grid", or perhaps that he was actually just plain "dead". Whatever, when you make a claim affirming some position on some issue, the burden of proof to support your own claim is always on you, the claimant.

And so far, your only "source" of evidence to support your claim are the words "Youtube video"; I didn't even see a link to the video. How do we know that the youtube video exists? And even if it does, who cares? Is that the best you can do? Some anonymous youtube video? That's not "proof", that's not even "evidence".

The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it. -- Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.